Show in Austin, TX tonight at Red7

laurelw

Sold out. I didn't get a ticket. Time for plan B?! Heading to the venue...

Damn! Best of luck to you and anyone else trying to get in. I think you still have a pretty good chance.

Shit, sorry to hear that.

Talk yourself into the venue with your fabulous English accent.

I tried. Sooooo close but I had to be there to pick them up. Shit.

oh snap.... its not???? my bad wrong forum.....

you - <========3

me - <=3

you win

IT'S NOT THAT BIG

Woooo sold out within 3 minutes, what the fuck? haha, Green Day time :dance:

I'm so happy for everyone who could get hold of tickets, have fun! And post a recap on GDC! :happy:

They could do it at the door easily. The problem with doing it this way is the die hard fans get penalized and the casual fans get rewarded. People who are desperate enough to fork over 100's of dollars to get in just add to the problem. I was in Cali for the tiki bar show and I wouldnt have gone in if I had to pay over 50 bucks for a ticket. But people paid up to 600 bucks for a ticket from a casual fan that just happened to click right.

Thats what I always liked about the line up and wait method. Die hards are willing to do that, sit it out and make a fun day with other fans hanging out. Interweb sales penalize die hards that really want to be there. Also, diehards would be a lot more enthusiastic in hearing their new material. Random interweb luckies dont give a shit about hearing what their new music sounds like and just wanna hear them play American Idiot for the 309534986743th time. I would think us freak diehards make for a much better and enthusiastic audience.

I'm sure you'll find a way to get in Tony. If not, send me a message I'll bug people for you.

Thats what I always liked about the line up and wait method. Die hards are willing to do that, sit it out and make a fun day with other fans hanging out. Interweb sales penalize die hards that really want to be there. Also, diehards would be a lot more enthusiastic in hearing their new material. Random interweb luckies dont give a shit about hearing what their new music sounds like and just wanna hear them play American Idiot for the 309534986743th time. I would think us freak diehards make for a much better and enthusiastic audience.

The downside of lining up is that most cities don't really want hundreds of people waiting outside of a venue for 8 hours to try and get in. Especially to a small club.

Woooo sold out within 3 minutes, what the fuck? haha, Green Day time :dance:

I'm so happy for everyone who could get hold of tickets, have fun! And post a recap on GDC! :happy:

It sold out in 15 seconds according to Red 7 twitter! GOOD LUCK TONY!!!! I hope you have better luck than I did at the Tiki Bar! :(

Also, this is what happens when Billie Joe tweets about an event IN ADVANCE!!! He doesn't even have to say the state and people will dig and found out where it is.

I'll find a way, somehow!! (hopefully)

Ok, so just go to the door and use the word "mate" in conversation. That should do it. People in the south LOVE that.

I love how people found out where it would be way before it was announced. I feel like i'm part of the "insiders" or somethig. haha.

Congrats to eveyone who got tickets and good luck to the ones who didn't :)

hey tony i bought 2 tickets and seeing how you flew all the way over here i think you deserve this one the most

This is from the Red 7 twitter:

"Red_7 Red 7

Wow. That was quick. 15 seconds to sellout?"

Whew! Red 7 had already announced the show two hours ago according to that Twitter. Woohoo. Haha.

I was on 2 Mac computers trying to get a ticket for someone on here with all of his info. I did get in 6 times between all of my browsers before is said "sold out," but no tickets were available. SHIT

hey tony i bought 2 tickets and seeing how you flew all the way over here i think you deserve this one the most

TONY DID YOU SEE THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

please if for some reason tony cant get to the show can you please sell me the ticket please i will give you the money tonight for sure!

I was able to get 2 tickets.

I am obligated to invite my wife first. If she declines I'll be glad to sell mine to someone. I won't inflate the price like the asshole scalpers do, I'll sell it just what I got it for.

This is going to be the greatest thursday of my life!

I'm sure you'll find a way to get in Tony. If not, send me a message I'll bug people for you.

The downside of lining up is that most cities don't really want hundreds of people waiting outside of a venue for 8 hours to try and get in. Especially to a small club.

Play under a different name and they could look forward to seeing a calm line up and possibly not even sold out show. In fact if they played under a different name they could sell tickets online and randomers, scalpers etc most likely wouldn't bother trying to buy tickets and way more fans would get them. Either way that's what they should do.

please if for some reason tony cant get to the show can you please sell me the ticket please i will give you the money tonight for sure!

Well, I'm pretty sure Tony will be able to go. I mean he did only fly in from england for the show.

That would be amazing! Thanks!

Archived