Show in Austin, TX tonight at Red7

laurelw

Dammit Billie just tell us where the goddamn show is going to be. :runaround: we need to bs sure so that the lucky bastards who are able to go can make plans.

My question too....why Texas???

he wanted to yell at all the republicans and george bush :P lol jk.... well who knows

Aaarrrgghhh!!! It would cost me over 3000€ to fly to Austin & back this week :sick: But I hope some of you get to go, where ever it is :)

alright.. i have to be at work in the morning but i'll drive down sixth street and look for the st jimmy sign for you bitches.

alright.. i have to be at work in the morning but i'll drive down sixth street and look for the st jimmy sign for you bitches.

Yay! Much appreciated by everyone here :)

goddamit! now i gotta jump through my own ass and figure out how to get tickets, get to austin from houston...and back..............with no money.

anyone from houston going, i'll chip in what i can for gas....

if i can make this show, i'll gladly skip gwar this weekend.

I hope it's not even in America this time :P it's about time they did a secret show in, say, the UK!

Saying that, if they did one in Manchester and it's 21+ only, I would probably cry so much.

Just looking at Google maps around 6th St in Austin - there's so many little clubs/bars, it seems the ideal spot.

Going off the band's current location, Texas... I'm assuming... Almost $1200 from Ottawa to Texas. Fuck that. FUUUUUU BILLIE JOOOEEEEEEE

Good

Why do Green Day always have to make me this excited? :lol:

I wake up in the morning, visit GDA and GDC and then I'm just like: WHAT?! :woot:

I'm very curious about what's going to happen!

so i drove down sixth street twice and didn't see a st jimmy's sign. there is a jimmy johns but i really doubt that's what your friend saw if he saw anything. i'm pretty sure i was trolled. anyway, i also drove by all the major venues and didn't see anything there either.

I honestly think it's crazy to tweet about a show 2 days in advance. Everyone goes crazy trying to get a ticket that's almost impossible to get, and flying in from all over the place. The way they did both Bay Area shows was perfect, announcing at the last minute. If you live in the area, great for you, and if not, then maybe next time the show will be near you. I really feel for everyone's anxiety over trying to get a ticket when thousands of people will be trying as well, probably competing for one of only a few hundred tickets. The stress is gonna be high. I hope no one thinks I'm being bitchy, since I live in the Bay Area and was fortunate enough to go to both shows. I just wouldn't want to go through the stress and huge competition if the show was announced 2 days ahead of time, knowing what happened for the Costa Mesa and NYC shows. That's all.

I honestly think they can do whatever the fuck they want. It's not their fault that they have psychotic fans with no lives who fly in from the opposite side of the world the day before to get into a show they don't even have gurenteed tickets for. Everybody who is doing this is actually ruining it. The whole point of secret shows is so people locally or within an hour or so radius get all excited and have the chance to go, not for people to stress out and make plans to fly across the country because "they have to go to this show". It's actually quite sickening and if I were in the band I'd be creeped the fuck out.

there ARE a shit load of clubs there in that area. emo's, stubb's, and red-7 being the most likely ones.... and red 7's calendar is currently blank for the 17th....

goddamit! now i gotta jump through my own ass and figure out how to get tickets, get to austin from houston...and back..............with no money.

anyone from houston going, i'll chip in what i can for gas....

if i can make this show, i'll gladly skip gwar this weekend.

What??? How do you jump through your own ass??? I have never heard that phrase before. LOL

there ARE a shit load of clubs there in that area. emo's, stubb's, and red-7 being the most likely ones.... and red 7's calendar is currently blank for the 17th....

fuck, i did not drive by red 7.

so i drove down sixth street twice and didn't see a st jimmy's sign. there is a jimmy johns but i really doubt that's what your friend saw if he saw anything. i'm pretty sure i was trolled. anyway, i also drove by all the major venues and didn't see anything there either.

Thanks for the update :)

Maybe they had a connecting flight to London /wishfulthinking

It'll probably be where the Tubbies played in Austin. So now we UK people had better start to swim over the Atlantic.

emo's has a booking for the inside stage that day, its unlikely theyd play the outdoor stage. stubb's has a booking for that day as well. neither of them being something that sounds like a pseudonym. and red-7 is about the size venue theyve been playing lately. i saw the vandals do a one-off gig there a few years back.

ps - for all of you not familiar with texas, emo's is where FBHT played.

pps - the mohawk is also booked for the 17th as well....(what a shitty name for a bar)

Texas???

ugh seriously. come to NOLA. we're much cooler

:( whimpers

Right?? Shit. If the show was in NOLA it would make my life. Its nt too far a stretch. We did get a Tubs show...

emo's has a booking for the inside stage that day, its unlikely theyd play the outdoor stage. stubb's has a booking for that day as well. neither of them being something that sounds like a pseudonym. and red-7 is about the size venue theyve been playing lately. i saw the vandals do a one-off gig there a few years back.

ps - for all of you not familiar with texas, emo's is where FBHT played.

Emos was sold. The indoor stage will stay open for awhile longer but the outdoor stage was torn down. They have a new venue that isn't downtown on east riverside.

Emos was sold. The indoor stage will stay open for awhile longer but the outdoor stage was torn down. They have a new venue that isn't downtown on east riverside.

crazy. i didnt know anything about that, i dont get to austin much. that kinda sucks.

and yes, 'jump through my own ass' is an expression down here.....its the trickiest hoop one could attempt to leap through.

hopefully we get word today and not thursday am, that way some of us can maybe get things sorted out. but no one would be advertising it yet, except for MAYBE a bad pseudonym. its being spread via word of mouth from those in the know so far. it sounds pretty legit to me. itd be awesome if i could get an early xmas/ 'sorry your 2011 has completely sucked ass' gift and get into this show.

having been to most of the potential venues, i wouldnt travel from a great distance, because you probably have no shot at getting in, ....im 3 hours away and still unlikely to be able to get in, even if i DO make it to austin.

Archived