Show in Austin, TX tonight at Red7

laurelw

Hopefully these weren't already posted, but here are some pictures of the inside of the venue/stage:

cimg37521.jpg?w=497&h=372

red7-stage.jpg

2.jpg

I'm scared to leave this thread in the knowledge that when I come back to it I'll have to read a gazillion pages :lol: hopefully we get back before the show starts so it's not too bad.

Hope everyone has a blast/gets tickets :happy:

Me too as I won't be able to be on tonight. Quite expect 40 pages to read tomorrow! But it'll be filled with great reviews, pictures and videos. (fingers crossed for the last 2, of course!)

Have a blast everyone. Someone needs to take a picture of Tony in his hat outside and inside of the venue. Just for the memory!!

still no ticket for me. fml. and now its too late to catch the greyhound to austin from houston anyhow. what a fuckin drag.

3 surprise shows in 20 days, the boys are up to something...

I hope so...maybe a surprise tour?

Or a new album!

I hope both!

Congratulations to all those lucky people who are going to the show tonight!! Have a great time!! Can't wait to hear all about!!

Congrats to everyone that managed to get tickets :) and I hope everyone else manages to get in somehow.

Looking forward to catching up on everything tomorrow!!

The show starts in about 3-4 hours!

Congrats to everyone who got tickets and got in!

Can't wait to hear the new Green Day news!

Hopefully some more new songs!

So excited! :dance:

Oh, I've been trying to keep the faith that Amanda would get a ticket, but I'm losing it lol I'm looking and hunting and asking for her, and no luck. Stinks. Bastard scalpers. BASTARDS! :mad:

Oh, I've been trying to keep the faith that Amanda would get a ticket, but I'm losing it lol I'm looking and hunting and asking for her, and no luck. Stinks. Bastard scalpers. BASTARDS! :mad:

If she's local and doesn't have anywhere else to be, tell her to hang out near the venue. At a lot of these shows, people got in later, maybe a third of the way into the night. She might miss the Cobras or the Wicked Good but if she can catch some of GD's set, the waiting would be worth it. Or, hang out on that patio next door like someone mentioned a couple of pages back so she can at least hear the music.

If she's local and doesn't have anywhere else to be, tell her to hang out near the venue. At a lot of these shows, people got in later, maybe a third of the way into the night. She might miss the Cobras or the Wicked Good but if she can catch some of GD's set, the waiting would be worth it. Or, hang out on that patio next door like someone mentioned a couple of pages back so she can at least hear the music.

Yeah, I think that's what she's gonna do. She's just bummed lol I'm bummed for her, but yeah, she's not giving up.

Seriously. Plus, there's always a possibility that someone ends up with an extra unexpectedly. You never know.

Seriously. Plus, there's always a possibility that someone ends up with an extra unexpectedly. You never know.

Yes! That's what I've told her. If she doesn't go, I'm gonna kick her ass next time I see her lol

the only solace i take in not being able to attend, is how bummed out all of the elitist, dickhead austin hipsters that hate the band are that the band is even in town, much less playing one of their beloved venues. austinites = twats. and im sure the katz on this board from austin know exactly the kind of folks im talking about.

the only solace i take in not being able to attend, is how bummed out all of the elitist, dickhead austin hipsters that hate the band are that the band is even in town, much less playing one of their beloved venues. austinites = twats. and im sure the katz on this board from austin know exactly the kind of folks im talking about.

I know what you're talking about but I think you're being a little harsh. This town IS full of elitist hipsters, but there is a HUGE diversity in this town. We're not all music snobs. I love it here.

I know what you're talking about but I think you're being a little harsh. This town IS full of elitist hipsters, but there is a HUGE diversity in this town. We're not all music snobs. I love it here.

Yeah, my friend I've been talking about, Amanda, just moved there, and she loves it. I've been there once, and it's an awesome, awesome town. I can't wait to go back. Seeing what little of the town I did, I can see why Green Day loves it and wants to play there. Great energy, great environment, just a great place.

no, not saying EVERYONE...just the small percentage who think that theyre tastes are ABOVE everyone else's and that theyre somehow COOLER for NOT being into green day (when they know that Dookie was the record that led them to whatever theyre into now). some of the raddest people i know are locals. i love austin. i love most of the people. im speaking of the twat population only.

no, not saying EVERYONE...just the small percentage who think that theyre tastes are ABOVE everyone else's and that theyre somehow COOLER for NOT being into green day (when they know that Dookie was the record that led them to whatever theyre into now). some of the raddest people i know are locals. i love austin. i love most of the people. im speaking of the twat population only.

'Twat population' :lol: pretty sure everywhere has that problem haha

Austin is one of two towns that I think I want to move to. The other being San Fran.

id go for SF. green day aside....austin's cool and all, but the drawback of it is, its surrounded by texas. and texas suuuucks.

Hope everyone that's going has fun. I sure hope a tour isn't far off so I can see them and actually have a chance at getting tickets.

EDIT: and also can afford to travel to the show.

Green Day

Oh :mellow: Well, half Foxboro - half Green wouldn't be bad :lol: They should do that some day! But changing their outfits of course :P

Archived