Show in Austin, TX tonight at Red7

laurelw

I think someone should help green day blink 182

I wish I can help you, but I'm so faaaaarrrr away from that place :(

agree

Thanks, i've been in touch. Waiting to hear back!

I never said it should. I know it's a risk, one i wanted to take.

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

Well it'd be my only shot. I can't join the idiot club and I couldn't line up all day so I would almost certainly not get a ticket anyway, if it came to it. Whilst someone who's been a thousand times, or someone who doesn't care that much, would likely get in. Sucks really.

they could easily do a combo of 100 at the door and so many online.

I'm sorry, no offence to anyone, but flying from England should not guarantee you a ticket.

It shouldn't guarantee, but it should be a damn good shot. Doing that shit takes balls...

they could easily do a combo of 100 at the door and so many online.

thats exactly what i was going to say. 200 online, 200 at the door 1st come 1st served and bracelets handed out or names taken.

but who knows whats going on behind the scenes...

If they want to play a Green Day show, then they should play a Green Day show. They only play under a different name when they're not playing as Green Day. The problem is that "die-hards" think they deserve to see Green Day more than the casual fan who might be interested, and I disagree with that. Yes, scalpers also suck and $20 at the door helps fight against that. I feel that if Green Day thought they could get away with charging $20 at the door for a show, they would.

I don't think they deserve it more but I think if you let people line up the end result will be more people who really appreciate the show being there. Not only is that a good thing in itself, it's surely gonna mean a more lively show too. And casual fans are free to go and line up just like diehard fans, it's not like it excludes them. Both ways have good and bad points but I feel the lining up method has more good points. It's rare enough that Green Day play a small show near you, it sucks if you still only have a tiny chance of going even if they do.

man my uncle went to go rush to the pawn shop to sell a xbox 360 and rushed to the bank to put money on the credit card and rished back home but by the time he even went to deposit the money they were already sold out:( life sucks..

Shit dude.....

If my wife doesn't want to go I'll sell ya my extra one.

man my uncle went to go rush to the pawn shop to sell a xbox 360 and rushed to the bank to put money on the credit card and rished back home but by the time he even went to deposit the money they were already sold out:( life sucks..

I think you should come first, don't give up yet :)

well, this is Green Day show, anything can happen in a rock show :)

remember Billie Joe when he wanted to enter the Operation Ivy concert ?

c'mon, don't give up my friend :)

Tony, I heard did hear back, and it's YOURS!!

You mean TXnimrod12? I haven't heard back yet...

People who turned up to the New York show got in if they were underage etc... you never know, they might squeeze a few in extra at the back!

If they want to play a Green Day show, then they should play a Green Day show. They only play under a different name when they're not playing as Green Day. The problem is that "die-hards" think they deserve to see Green Day more than the casual fan who might be interested, and I disagree with that. Yes, scalpers also suck and $20 at the door helps fight against that. I feel that if Green Day thought they could get away with charging $20 at the door for a show, they would.

Not all die hards feel like they deserve anything over anyone else. A few of them do ruin it for the rest of us tho.

3 surprise shows in 20 days, the boys are up to something...

yup, sounds like they're enjoying playing small shows...

I really don't think this means more than it does at face-value. It's not like we can base this on any previous history to say "ah yeah, so this must mean a new album is coming out very soon."

3 surprise shows in 20 days, the boys are up to something...

I sure hope they are. I don't know how many more suprise shows I can take.

But my point is that there are Texans in this thread whose pleas for tickets have gone ignored. They could be diehard fans, too. The fact that Tony has the money to fly to Austin on a whim really shouldn't change that. And from what I can tell, It's not as if Tony hasn't been to special Green Day events.

Again, I don't know Tony and this really isn't an insult or a dig at him - if he's got the guts to do it then fair play to him.

Shit dude.....

If my wife doesn't want to go I'll sell ya my extra one.

thank you man thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope they are. I don't know how many more suprise shows I can take.

I quite like the surprise shows :happy: It's like some sort of advent calendar, but instead of chocolate (or a present) every day, we get a show every few weeks. And you don't know they're coming. It's actually not like an advent calendar at all, but it's still like a little gift and I like it :lol:

But my point is that there are Texans in this thread whose pleas for tickets have gone ignored. They could be diehard fans, too. The fact that Tony has the money to fly to Austin on a whim really shouldn't change that. And from what I can tell, It's not as if Tony hasn't been to special Green Day events.

Again, I don't know Tony and this really isn't an insult or a dig at him - if he's git the guts to do it then fair play to him.

Tony does a lot for this community and he's not the guy who expects things to be handed to him. As he said, he knew it was risk, one that he was willing to take, and a lot of people appreciate him for the stuff he does for GDA and GDC. That's why people are willing to help him out, and I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

All ages :woot: Just the fact made me smile.

Oh and I'm glad that you found a way to get in, Tony! If you wouldn't have earned it, who then? :)

yup, sounds like they're enjoying playing small shows...

I really don't think this means more than it does at face-value. It's not like we can base this on any previous history to say "ah yeah, so this must mean a new album is coming out very soon."

none of the new songs are even registered yet so im with you, I think theyre just out having fun. This time they're just doing it under their own name.

Archived