Calling all GDCers who were at Wembley June 19th 2010

Tre_Gina

Wembley Pole!  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Awesome idea, this was one of the best shows I was ever at. The fact that it was at the iconic Wembley stadium made it extra special.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy to take the lead on this if you guys want. I wonder if we should go for one of the big plaques? It would be super cool to do.

so a quick add up of everyone in the thread who has said yes is 17 I think so guessing at around £5 each that would be very close to the "single stone: large" and on there you can get 3 lines all with 20 characters on them (that includes spaces and everything). So ideas anyone on the text? on this page https://bookings.sportsfusion.eu/wembley/stones/wembleyway/index.htm you can play about with the text.

Green Day 19/6/10

Thanks from GDC

Rage and Love

I quite like that! Simple.... :)

And "Rage and Love" is the most well known sentiment when it comes to Green Day methinks?

I like that too.

It says the first stones will be laid at the end of this year and it's on a 'first come first served' basis, so the first stones to be put down are in the best positions. So if we want it to be in the first batch we should probably do it sooner rather than later. Or wait a bit longer to try and get a bigger stone.

I don't think this will be a hurried operation. Trying to get money off people who you can only contact through a forum could be difficult... :/

I don't think this will be a hurried operation. Trying to get money off people who you can only contact through a forum could be difficult... :/

hmm good point. Well as long as we get one I guess it doesn't really matter when.

I have a paypal account and would be happy to sort out money and the ordering. I think we need to get it sorted quite quickly but not super fast it is rushed and people miss out contributing.

I have a paypal account and would be happy to sort out money and the ordering. I think we need to get it sorted quite quickly but not super fast it is rushed and people miss out contributing.

I agree, if you want to run with it, go for it :)

It seems like quite a few people want to do it, i don't think it'd be that difficult.

anyone got any more suggestions for text?

3 lines, 20 characters on each line (inc spaces)

^ Thanks for your suggestion.

Come on people, I don't want this to fade away - I want it to happen! Other people must have some suggestions on text?!

Could have 'love happened here' for the last line, although it's more of a reference to the musical so won't be as well known.

This is sooo cool!

We definitely need to do this!

As for the lines, I think "Time of our lives" is a good one and well, pretty much sums it up. "We had the time of our lives" would be too long, no?

We need a poll!!

Unless anyone comes up with Anymore suggestions within the next three days... Tony, can you put a poll at the top asking whether we want "Rage And Love" or "Time Of Our/Your Life/ves" at the bottom. Cause I think the first two lines are probably a 'cert?

i can't seem to find where to add a poll at the moment. I'll get one up as soon as i can, unless Aska or someone else can?

Ok, it's done, i figured it out! :D

We need to have 'Green Day' on the plaque too. Or is that already planned for?

Yeah I think we're having;

Green Day 19/06/2010

Rage and Love

From GDC

Or something like that....

Yeah I think we're having;

Green Day 19/06/2010

Rage and Love

From GDC

Or something like that....

Oh... well good then :D

Archived