Billie Joe Returns for "American Idiot" Closing Weeks

plaid ducky

Did anyone actually get anything from them packing up?

And this is a silly question, but I might as well ask, does anyone have any videos of Mike coming out after the show on Sunday? Just before they he went in the restaurant?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HERE :woot: at 2:15

"...and then we're going over to England and Europe and Japan and Australia..."

YYYYEEEESSSSS! YEEES, somewhere near Poland, please. XD

YYYYEEEESSSSS! YEEES, somewhere near Poland, please. XD

Well, I am certainly with you on that (:

And these pics are so damn awesome Katie! :o The quality is so great...

THEY LEFT MY TAG UP! :woot:

Where did they restick it?

on the wall right next to the door

And this is a silly question, but I might as well ask, does anyone have any videos of Mike coming out after the show on Sunday? Just before they he went in the restaurant?

Tony managed to get the AI musical set list, and one of the guys gave us of bunch of Green Day picks, that were left over from the surprise show sunday night. Other then that, they kept most of the set for the AI tour

Tony managed to get the AI musical set list, and one of the guys gave us of bunch of Green Day picks, that were left over from the surprise show sunday night. Other then that, they kept most of the set for the AI tour

Ah, awesome, I just wondered because I got some picks too :)

from tumblr :rolleyes:

tumblrlkdd4e8vdb1qd0lqv.jpg

Whose tumblr is this? That's my pic that someone must have taken off my Facebook or Twitter and put on their tumblr. Good thing I put my name on all of them.

I got a drumstick and a poster that was supposedly hanging up backstage.

Whose tumblr is this? That's my pic that someone must have taken off my Facebook or Twitter and put on their tumblr. Good thing I put my name on all of them.

I just found it randomly on 'slappygeniumann's tumblr, but this doesn't mean anything, because we have seen this picture in many places at the same time. :unsure:

Please let me ask, were you so lucky that are you there at FBHT show?

Ah, you know how it is with the internet...

Would you please share the other pictures with us?

Tubbies show is now being discussed over here!

I just found it randomly on 'slappygeniumann's tumblr, but this doesn't mean anything, because we have seen this picture in many places at the same time. :unsure:

Please let me ask, were you so lucky that are you there at FBHT show?

Ahh, ok. Wasn't mad, just wondering. I can't reveal the person that got us in, sorry :ermm:

could you pleeeeeeeaase post some other pictures here?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have pictures of Mike and Tre entering the orchestra on 4/24 before the final performance started? There were tons of people taking pictures of them but I haven't been able to find any.

The video of It's fuck time is hilarious! :lol: :lol: I'm trying to download the other now.

Btw, nice pants Billie Joe! But who's that girl that tried to take his shirt off? I was like, "what the fuck? he can do it on his own! he's just taking his time, bitch!" :P Haha...

omg Billie! :lol: YOU ARE LAYIN' IN YA' OWN PISS, BOY

Just in case anyone missed them.. here are some pics I got during Green Days set after the musical :)

PLEASE DO NOT re-upload anywhere!

Billie chubby smiley cheeks :wub:

(the picture of Billie hugging Michael Mayer)

I went to see American Idiot again on April 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16. I had such a wonderful time and met some really great people. I got Billie Joe's autograph and some pictures. While I was there I ended up purchasing tickets for the matinee and evening show for 4/24. That meant another trip back to New York City!! It was worth every penny!! I'm so glad I was fortunate enough to be there for the final show. It was so unbelievable!! I'm really going to miss reading about it on here every night. It was always something I looked forward to. Oh well, time to look forward to American Idiot on Tour and whatever else lies in Green Day's future. I won't bother posting a review of the final show since there already has been so many incredible ones posted on here (especially Andre's). It was definately the best night of my life!!

Just in case anyone missed them.. here are some pics I got during Green Days set after the musical :)

PLEASE DO NOT re-upload anywhere!

Katie, those are just fucking phenomenal. What more can I say (besides "thanks!!" of course)? :thumbsup:

Just finished writing my recap. Putting it in spoilers because it’s freaking huge!

Here it goes :)

April 22rd:

Basically last weekend was one of the best ever. After spending 10 hours in a car (got stuck two hours at the border) we finally arrived in NYC at 6 pm last Friday. Got to the St James at around 8:15 and surprisingly, there was only a row of people lining up on each side of the stage doors. I got my spot behind this nice lady who ended up giving me her spot right against the barricade because she was only there for her daughter.

I was at the end of the row right next to the black car. Billie's mom, Adie and Jakob all went in and a couple of minutes later Billie came out. He began to sign stuff on the other side then went to ours, signed the program of the girl next to me, saw mine and signed it. I thanked him but I don't think he heard me haha. After he was done, he passed right in front of me to go in the car. Then he waved at us while having a huge grin on his face! The cast came out from the glass doors so everyone started to leave after Billie was gone.

I saw Van talking with a bunch of people so I didn't want to bother him but I saw Michael Mayer alone. I went straight to him, told him how the musical is beautiful and perfect and thanked him for doing an amazing job along with all the other people who worked on the show. He said "no, thank you!" Got a photo with him and he signed my program. He drew next to his name the little heart with the cross upside down that St Jimmy draws on his chest during Homecoming! A really down-to-heart and nice dude! :happy:

April 23rd:

I went to the St James at 10 am to wait at the glass doors for Billie to arrive. Waited there three hours in the rain, talked with a bunch of freaking nice people! At 1 pm a security guy told us Billie was already inside, so I left to do other things in the city. Got back to the theatre for the show that night. I was orchestra center row B, an amazing seat. I was sitting right next to other people from Quebec and this nice Australian girl.

Adrienne and Jakob were sitting in the row right behind us, like two seats left to me. Before the curtain went up, the usual voice said "The role of St Jimmy will be played by Charlie Sheen" :lol: Soon after, he mentioned Billie Joe. So anyway the show began and like the first time I saw it in January, it blew my mind! I wasn't too sure about how it would be like without John, Esper, Stark and Christina, because they were still in the cast when I saw it. Turned out Van is phenomenal as Johnny too, Justin is really amazing as Will and Libby did a fantastic job as the Extraordinary Girl. I just didn't really like David's voice. I don't know why, I was more used to hear Stark sing I guess. But he was awesome as Tunny nonetheless! This musical shows how much the people in the cast are so fucking talented, it's incredible! Rebecca, Joshua Henry, Gerard, Brian, Declan, Leslie, Alysha, EVERYONE in the cast was astonishing!

The part just before St Jimmy begins, when Johnny says his lines and we're all clapping our hands following the drum beat, gosh my heart beats up so fast at this moment every time I've seen the show. Billie did a brilliant St Jimmy! To me he made me think of a cartoon character you would see in like bugs bunny or something with all the silly faces and gestures he did in Van's back before Novacaine and throughout the show. He was freaking awesome!

Right before Give Me Novacaine, when Billie sat down on the bed, he whistled at Van to get his attention all like "hey buddy". He sat right next to Billie, who covered his head under Van's coat while Van was speaking. :lol: Instead of saying "we don’t need no stinking badges" he said "winning" like he had done before. Everyone laughed and clapped haha. Then the song began. It's just so intense, especially the part where they're at the war with all the bombardments.

Like the first time I saw the show, I got four other pink flyers with "Love happened here on May 5" that Rebecca threw in the crowd during LOTAG/She's a Rebel. Gerard is so funny in Too Much Too Soon! And Alysha’s yeah at the end is so great! Letterbomb was so damn awesome! Billie was always after Van haha, faking to kick him or something. At some moment he was laying on him XD. They were like two little kids playing together in a big field (:

21 Guns was so powerful and beautiful at the same time. Loved Homecoming and Johnny's "Dear dad, or god, or whatever" monologue! And Whatsername, I was just trying to hold off my tears but inevitably it didn't last long haha. The part when it's all silent and the cast goes "And in the darkest night" with the drum beat after, I don’t know, this particular moment always gives me chills up my spine! Then it was the usual Good Riddance. Always awesome to see it with the full cast :happy:

Got out and went across the street to see the madness. Saw Rebecca and Libby walking in the street. My friends who were there also saw Mike coming out of some door! He was wearing this little hat with a red feather on it, so cute! He went in a car right away.

April 24th:

Like on Saturday I arrived at the St James at 10 am to wait for Billie. I joined my friends who were already there. Just before I arrived, they saw some guys bringing the pink balloons for the Green Day show that night into the theatre. We waited at the glass doors, went to the Broadway shop next to the theatre to buy the two Green Day posters they had there, entered the lotto, waited some more. We saw inside through the glass door a little teddy bear dressed like a security guy on a chair, so cute! While we were waiting at the glass doors, we saw Adrienne walking down the street. She went right in front of me, tried to open the glass door but it was locked. She seemed in a hurry so nobody bothered her with pics and stuff. We saw Gerard, Alysha and Brian coming in. At some moment, everyone started to scream and cheer.

That's when Billie tweeted about Niki Lee's book. I saw her near me, she was all happy! It was great! :happy: Some moment later, we heard a bunch of screams announcing Billie's arrival. He entered through the doors between the stage doors and the glass doors and everyone was running and screaming like madmen, trying to catch a glimpse of him. After that, the girls and I decided to go to the matinée, so we bought partial view tickets for 37$. I ended up in a box at the right side and was seeing quite well. I just couldn't believe I was seeing the show a third time!

It all went by so fast as usual, because it's always the case when you see a breathtaking and remarkable show. Billie put again Van's coat on his head and said winning another time XD Before Good Riddance, he pulled out a piece of paper, sat on his knees. Van did the same and they both sang Two of Us by The Beatles! It was beautiful :wub:

Before going out of the theatre, we all wrote our names on the wall, between the door and the big yellow space. We tried lotto a second time, people were singing El Camino and It’s Fuck Time while we were waiting, t’was fun! Alysha and Libby joined the girl to pick the winners, they were very cool! We didn’t win but Jaymee did! We were all so happy for her (: After eating a little something we went back to see the final.

We entered the St James theatre for the last time, went in the mezz to find our seats. Darren came to me and showed me some photos he had just taken. Photos of MIKE DIRNT may I mention! :woot: He saw him near the St Jimmy bar, always with his little hat on! Lots of things were happening in the orchestra, everybody was screaming, standing, cheering. In the mezz we were all wondering what was going on, because we couldn’t see anything. Turned out Mike, Tré and several OB cast members like John, Stark, Mary, Tony, Theo, Christina, Esper were going to their seats.

Before the curtain went up, a little hand appeared under it from backstage. It was Billie, pumping us up before the show :dance: Making us scream hey ohs and cheer louder and louder! This man is born to be a frontman. He was able to command us and make us scream with his hand only! Amazing! The show itself was stunning, really not surprising I know! (: Before LNOE, Billie kissed Van. During Homecoming, he began to draw the heart on his chest but ended up using all of the lipstick, making his drawing unusual haha. And the way he said suicide was so intense! At the end of Whatsername, when Van said “And that was that. Or so it seemed. Is this the end or the beginning” we all screamed THE BEGINNING!!

The crowd was really into it, clapping, screaming between songs! We did ovations often too, after St Jimmy, Letterbomb, at some other time and after the show, before Good Riddance. The level of energy from the crowd and the cast was unbelievable. Tears were rolling on my face. The speeches and thanks were great. Hearing Michael Mayer speaks, god he has a way with words. Everything he said was beautiful! When he said "Billie Joe you're a fucking poet" everybody screamed so loud! It was great to see Mary, Tony, Theo, John, Stark, Esper, Christina join the current cast on stage!

Then Michael announced Green Day was gonna take the stage! I was in heaven! Mike, Tré and the Jasons joined Billie. He started up by telling us a pedophile joke involving a little boy XD It was soooo weird haha! They began the set with Only of You! I was so in shock that I forgot the lyrics! Murder City and Holiday followed. I lost it at Burnout haha. I was dying to see it live this summer and they played it at their first gig of 2011! And I was there!

Then Billie asked for requests and John asked if they could play Letterbomb. Billie was all "Go back to Jerusalem John Gallagher. We’re in America" or something like that XD He sang something with balls in it haha. I should watch some videos to refresh my memory! Letterbomb was so awesome! They played it in Montreal this summer and it’s just spectacular live! Billie said his usual line in this song "This is not a fucking party, this is a fucking celebration". He definitely spoke the truth. Then they did Welcome to Paradise and Longview. It cracked me up when he sang with this weird German accent, didn't sound like him at all XD

He wore rabbit ears at some moment too, don't remember when though. They wanted to do a cover song so they did Walking Out On Love. After that they played the Spiderman song and Billie thanked everybody. When he said "Everything tonight will be in bad taste, I guarantee it" we all screamed so fucking loud. He wished us happy Easter and said "this next song couldn’t be more fitting. It’s called Jesus of Suburbia". The balloons went up to the ceiling. The atmosphere in the St James was wild! Some cast members took Billie and left him up XD It was so much fun, being there at this intimate Green Day concert and watching the cast going crazy on stage! I just couldn’t stop laughing when Tré said "Happy Easter and shit" :lol:

When the show finished, we heard about the Foxboro Hot Tubs show. I heard it was private for cast, friends and family so I didn’t bother trying to get to the Bowery Electric. I couldn’t have gone anyway so I said my goodbyes to the girls and got back to Jersey City where I was staying. All in all, April 24th was epic as fuck, just like the whole weekend! Best birthday present ever :woot:

On our way home on April 25th, we stopped at an outlet outside of NYC and just as I walked into the bathroom, Good Riddance started to play on the radio. I got all emotional and began to tear up, realizing that the show is no more on Broadway ):

I’m just so thankful I’ve been fortunate enough to see the musical four times there, once in January and the three last shows ever on Broadway! It’s surreal!

I really wish lots of people who didn’t get the chance to see it in NYC will be able to while it’s gonna be on tour! And I really hope for all the people who don’t live in North America that it will go worldwide like they said during the speeches at closing night! :happy:

Btw, kudos to you if you’ve read all of this :D

Will post some of my photos tomorrow (:

The packing up of the American Idiot set

I love how, in one of those pictures, they just put tape that says, "AI Tour" over a Spring Awakening logo. This show will never truly get away from Spring. :lol:

Just finished writing my recap. Putting it in spoilers because it’s freaking huge!

Here it goes :)

April 22rd:

Basically last weekend was one of the best ever. After spending 10 hours in a car (got stuck two hours at the border) we finally arrived in NYC at 6 pm last Friday. Got to the St James at around 8:15 and surprisingly, there was only a row of people lining up on each side of the stage doors. I got my spot behind this nice lady who ended up giving me her spot right against the barricade because she was only there for her daughter.

I was at the end of the row right next to the black car. Billie's mom, Adie and Jakob all went in and a couple of minutes later Billie came out. He began to sign stuff on the other side then went to ours, signed the program of the girl next to me, saw mine and signed it. I thanked him but I don't think he heard me haha. After he was done, he passed right in front of me to go in the car. Then he waved at us while having a huge grin on his face! The cast came out from the glass doors so everyone started to leave after Billie was gone.

I saw Van talking with a bunch of people so I didn't want to bother him but I saw Michael Mayer alone. I went straight to him, told him how the musical is beautiful and perfect and thanked him for doing an amazing job along with all the other people who worked on the show. He said "no, thank you!" Got a photo with him and he signed my program. He drew next to his name the little heart with the cross upside down that St Jimmy draws on his chest during Homecoming! A really down-to-heart and nice dude! :happy:

April 23rd:

I went to the St James at 10 am to wait at the glass doors for Billie to arrive. Waited there three hours in the rain, talked with a bunch of freaking nice people! At 1 pm a security guy told us Billie was already inside, so I left to do other things in the city. Got back to the theatre for the show that night. I was orchestra center row B, an amazing seat. I was sitting right next to other people from Quebec and this nice Australian girl.

Adrienne and Jakob were sitting in the row right behind us, like two seats left to me. Before the curtain went up, the usual voice said "The role of St Jimmy will be played by Charlie Sheen" :lol: Soon after, he mentioned Billie Joe. So anyway the show began and like the first time I saw it in January, it blew my mind! I wasn't too sure about how it would be like without John, Esper, Stark and Christina, because they were still in the cast when I saw it. Turned out Van is phenomenal as Johnny too, Justin is really amazing as Will and Libby did a fantastic job as the Extraordinary Girl. I just didn't really like David's voice. I don't know why, I was more used to hear Stark sing I guess. But he was awesome as Tunny nonetheless! This musical shows how much the people in the cast are so fucking talented, it's incredible! Rebecca, Joshua Henry, Gerard, Brian, Declan, Leslie, Alysha, EVERYONE in the cast was astonishing!

The part just before St Jimmy begins, when Johnny says his lines and we're all clapping our hands following the drum beat, gosh my heart beats up so fast at this moment every time I've seen the show. Billie did a brilliant St Jimmy! To me he made me think of a cartoon character you would see in like bugs bunny or something with all the silly faces and gestures he did in Van's back before Novacaine and throughout the show. He was freaking awesome!

Right before Give Me Novacaine, when Billie sat down on the bed, he whistled at Van to get his attention all like "hey buddy". He sat right next to Billie, who covered his head under Van's coat while Van was speaking. :lol: Instead of saying "we don’t need no stinking badges" he said "winning" like he had done before. Everyone laughed and clapped haha. Then the song began. It's just so intense, especially the part where they're at the war with all the bombardments.

Like the first time I saw the show, I got four other pink flyers with "Love happened here on May 5" that Rebecca threw in the crowd during LOTAG/She's a Rebel. Gerard is so funny in Too Much Too Soon! And Alysha’s yeah at the end is so great! Letterbomb was so damn awesome! Billie was always after Van haha, faking to kick him or something. At some moment he was laying on him XD. They were like two little kids playing together in a big field (:

21 Guns was so powerful and beautiful at the same time. Loved Homecoming and Johnny's "Dear dad, or god, or whatever" monologue! And Whatsername, I was just trying to hold off my tears but inevitably it didn't last long haha. The part when it's all silent and the cast goes "And in the darkest night" with the drum beat after, I don’t know, this particular moment always gives me chills up my spine! Then it was the usual Good Riddance. Always awesome to see it with the full cast :happy:

Got out and went across the street to see the madness. Saw Rebecca and Libby walking in the street. My friends who were there also saw Mike coming out of some door! He was wearing this little hat with a red feather on it, so cute! He went in a car right away.

April 24th:

Like on Saturday I arrived at the St James at 10 am to wait for Billie. I joined my friends who were already there. Just before I arrived, they saw some guys bringing the pink balloons for the Green Day show that night into the theatre. We waited at the glass doors, went to the Broadway shop next to the theatre to buy the two Green Day posters they had there, entered the lotto, waited some more. We saw inside through the glass door a little teddy bear dressed like a security guy on a chair, so cute! While we were waiting at the glass doors, we saw Adrienne walking down the street. She went right in front of me, tried to open the glass door but it was locked. She seemed in a hurry so nobody bothered her with pics and stuff. We saw Gerard, Alysha and Brian coming in. At some moment, everyone started to scream and cheer.

That's when Billie tweeted about Niki Lee's book. I saw her near me, she was all happy! It was great! :happy: Some moment later, we heard a bunch of screams announcing Billie's arrival. He entered through the doors between the stage doors and the glass doors and everyone was running and screaming like madmen, trying to catch a glimpse of him. After that, the girls and I decided to go to the matinée, so we bought partial view tickets for 37$. I ended up in a box at the right side and was seeing quite well. I just couldn't believe I was seeing the show a third time!

It all went by so fast as usual, because it's always the case when you see a breathtaking and remarkable show. Billie put again Van's coat on his head and said winning another time XD Before Good Riddance, he pulled out a piece of paper, sat on his knees. Van did the same and they both sang Two of Us by The Beatles! It was beautiful :wub:

Before going out of the theatre, we all wrote our names on the wall, between the door and the big yellow space. We tried lotto a second time, people were singing El Camino and It’s Fuck Time while we were waiting, t’was fun! Alysha and Libby joined the girl to pick the winners, they were very cool! We didn’t win but Jaymee did! We were all so happy for her (: After eating a little something we went back to see the final.

We entered the St James theatre for the last time, went in the mezz to find our seats. Darren came to me and showed me some photos he had just taken. Photos of MIKE DIRNT may I mention! :woot: He saw him near the St Jimmy bar, always with his little hat on! Lots of things were happening in the orchestra, everybody was screaming, standing, cheering. In the mezz we were all wondering what was going on, because we couldn’t see anything. Turned out Mike, Tré and several OB cast members like John, Stark, Mary, Tony, Theo, Christina, Esper were going to their seats.

Before the curtain went up, a little hand appeared under it from backstage. It was Billie, pumping us up before the show :dance: Making us scream hey ohs and cheer louder and louder! This man is born to be a frontman. He was able to command us and make us scream with his hand only! Amazing! The show itself was stunning, really not surprising I know! (: Before LNOE, Billie kissed Van. During Homecoming, he began to draw the heart on his chest but ended up using all of the lipstick, making his drawing unusual haha. And the way he said suicide was so intense! At the end of Whatsername, when Van said “And that was that. Or so it seemed. Is this the end or the beginning” we all screamed THE BEGINNING!!

The crowd was really into it, clapping, screaming between songs! We did ovations often too, after St Jimmy, Letterbomb, at some other time and after the show, before Good Riddance. The level of energy from the crowd and the cast was unbelievable. Tears were rolling on my face. The speeches and thanks were great. Hearing Michael Mayer speaks, god he has a way with words. Everything he said was beautiful! When he said "Billie Joe you're a fucking poet" everybody screamed so loud! It was great to see Mary, Tony, Theo, John, Stark, Esper, Christina join the current cast on stage!

Then Michael announced Green Day was gonna take the stage! I was in heaven! Mike, Tré and the Jasons joined Billie. He started up by telling us a pedophile joke involving a little boy XD It was soooo weird haha! They began the set with Only of You! I was so in shock that I forgot the lyrics! Murder City and Holiday followed. I lost it at Burnout haha. I was dying to see it live this summer and they played it at their first gig of 2011! And I was there!

Then Billie asked for requests and John asked if they could play Letterbomb. Billie was all "Go back to Jerusalem John Gallagher. We’re in America" or something like that XD He sang something with balls in it haha. I should watch some videos to refresh my memory! Letterbomb was so awesome! They played it in Montreal this summer and it’s just spectacular live! Billie said his usual line in this song "This is not a fucking party, this is a fucking celebration". He definitely spoke the truth. Then they did Welcome to Paradise and Longview. It cracked me up when he sang with this weird German accent, didn't sound like him at all XD

He wore rabbit ears at some moment too, don't remember when though. They wanted to do a cover song so they did Walking Out On Love. After that they played the Spiderman song and Billie thanked everybody. When he said "Everything tonight will be in bad taste, I guarantee it" we all screamed so fucking loud. He wished us happy Easter and said "this next song couldn’t be more fitting. It’s called Jesus of Suburbia". The balloons went up to the ceiling. The atmosphere in the St James was wild! Some cast members took Billie and left him up XD It was so much fun, being there at this intimate Green Day concert and watching the cast going crazy on stage! I just couldn’t stop laughing when Tré said "Happy Easter and shit" :lol:

When the show finished, we heard about the Foxboro Hot Tubs show. I heard it was private for cast, friends and family so I didn’t bother trying to get to the Bowery Electric. I couldn’t have gone anyway so I said my goodbyes to the girls and got back to Jersey City where I was staying. All in all, April 24th was epic as fuck, just like the whole weekend! Best birthday present ever :woot:

On our way home on April 25th, we stopped at an outlet outside of NYC and just as I walked into the bathroom, Good Riddance started to play on the radio. I got all emotional and began to tear up, realizing that the show is no more on Broadway ):

I’m just so thankful I’ve been fortunate enough to see the musical four times there, once in January and the three last shows ever on Broadway! It’s surreal!

I really wish lots of people who didn’t get the chance to see it in NYC will be able to while it’s gonna be on tour! And I really hope for all the people who don’t live in North America that it will go worldwide like they said during the speeches at closing night! :happy:

Btw, kudos to you if you’ve read all of this :D

Will post some of my photos tomorrow (:

Loved the recap! :)

Okay, here's my recap! In the spoiler because it's massive :lol:

23 April - after booking everything the day before, finally we were in New York in time for the evening performance. We could hear Green Day rehearsing which was awesome! We tried lotto but no luck so we got some student rush tickets, Row T in the Centre Orch. I was worried they'd be crap but they weren't! We had a great view, the only thing we couldn't see was the very top of the steps. It was amazing to see AI again, the new cast were great. I was really impressed with Van and Justin, Libby had improved a lot and David was way better than I'd expected. We were sat next to Tanya (t ann) and a couple of other people we knew from GDC/other places which was cool, haha. The show was pretty unreal, I'm not sure how to describe it really... everyone's already mentioned all the special bits like the guy saying Charlie Sheen instead of Billie Joe Armstrong and stuff. I wasn't quite expecting him to say "winning" so that was funny at the time

:lol: I very nearly forgot I was at a Broadway show and got up and started rocking out in American Idiot but I managed to refrain myself. It was an awesome night and a very special memory.

24 April - we knew that this was AI's last day on Broadway and that our seats for the evening weren't that good, so we thought "fuck it, we'll have to live on crisps from Walgreens" and bought some Row G centre orch tickets. We met Tony, Dawn, Ross, Kate, hegeb on GDC whose real name I very shamefully don't know how to spell and several other awesome people around the theatre.

Anyway, the show was fucking amazing. I just don't know what to say. The cast had so much energy, it was magical. Our seats were really good and it was very special. I had to fight off tears when Billie and Van were singing Two of Us, it was beautiful. I couldn't believe this amazing show was ending.

We went to lurk in McDonalds in between shows where we met Omar, Andres and J'net. It was very cool to see Libby and Alysha doing the lotto! I tried to get some photos but I gave up when I kept photographing the side of Libby's head. We didn't win lotto but we'd already bought tickets so it was okay. I think after that we just lurked around the theatre until the show.

The show that night was truly beyond words. The cast put their heart and soul into it, it was up there with Feb 27 as one of the best performances I'd seen. The new cast were as good as the old cast, just different - which in a way made it even more special. Billie threw in a random "that's me!" in St. Jimmy :lol: when I saw AI in Feb it was LOTAG/She's a Rebel and Know Your Enemy that really got me, but this time it was Last Night on Earth and Homecoming. I don't know why but they were both so powerful and emotional at all three of the shows I saw this time, they really hit me. I guess now it's the end I should sum up my favourite parts... I still love the bit where St. Jimmy appears at the end of LOTAG/She's a Rebel and screams at Johnny. LNOE and Homecoming like I just said would have to be favourites. BOBD is one of my least favourite GD songs but at the musical it's beautiful. Well, it's all brilliant. :P

Letterbomb has always been my favourite song from AI but never my favourite part of the musical, but that night it was fucking awesome. Rebecca was amazing and portrayed what was going on so well.

Whatsername was beautiful and really sad at the same time. I couldn't believe it was the last song of the last time AI would ever play on Broadway! Very emotional.

I'd heard the rumours that GD were gonna play afterwards but when it actually happened I just couldn't take it in. I was in complete shock when Billie played those first chords of Only of You, I couldn't believe they were playing that! It was almost all just sweeping straight over my head, it was so surreal. I hadn't eaten much that day and I started to feel really ill in the middle of it which was such a shame, I couldn't really rock out because I kept thinking I was gonna pass out :( that put together with how surreal it was stopped me enjoying the last few songs a little bit but it was still amazing! It was awesome when the cast were dancing in JOS. The song that stuck out to me the most was probably Walking Out On Love, it just sounded so fucking good. It all sounded so fucking good. It was a great experience apart from being sad that it was over at the end and feeling so ill.

I was really hoping to get a photo with Rebecca but I guess I should have got it the day before or at the matinee, I didn't even see her leave that night. It's all good though, I did meet her and get her autograph in Feb so at least I'd got that. I walked up to Brian but I was too fucking scared to speak to him!! Argh! And then I just awkwardly shuffled off like a moron :mellow:

I saw Michael Esper and he remembered me from February! There were a lot of people around him so I just gave him an assholey grin from a distance and he smiled and nodded at me. I wish I'd approached him instead of grinning like an asshole, but oh well. Every time I went near that man I embarrassed myself so he was probably used to it (and that's probably why he remembered me - how could you forget my asshole-pedo grin?).

We eventually went down to the Bowery because we thought it was a regular Tubbies show, but we left when we realised that it was a private party. It was all cool though, I wasn't upset or angry that we didn't get in. Once I'd realised what it actually was I didn't want to be in there at all, I wouldn't have gone down if I'd known. It was nice to hang out with some other fans again before we left though, it didn't ruin anything at all.

25 April - we went to say goodbye to the theatre and found everything gone! :cry: We managed to grab a few scraps of the posters that had been on the doors and got some photos before the Hair stuff got put up. I know I'm biased, but that stuff just lacked the awesomeness that AI brought to the theatre. Anyway, I wanted to say a private goodbye to everything so Joy glared at all the tourists who stared at me while I had a natter with the St. James. Nearly all the GD fans hanging around the theatre were in tears (including me), it was really emotional. We almost walked away when we saw everything gone but I'm really glad I stayed and said goodbye.

Now it's all over, I know this is going to sound weird but I really want to give a shoutout the theatre staff. There was an older guy with glasses in the box office and he was so friendly and helpful, he remembered us every day and he was awesome. One of the others - I think he was security, he was an older guy with white hair - was awesome too. He gave us both a hug when he saw us again because he remembered us from February. None of the staff were bad and I just wanted to thank them for everything they did. It wouldn't have been the same without our buddy in the box office.

Thank you American Idiot for a fucking amazing year for us all and memories I'll never forget that will get me through hard times, experiences that took me far far away from my shitty life in England to a place where I could be happy - just like Green Day shows. Love happened here, April 24.

Thanks if anyone actually read all of that! I hope I didn't just keep repeating myself... there's only a certain amount of words you can use to describe something that's beyond words.

Shit, it really is massive... I hope nobody dies of boredom :mellow:

Archived