Billie Joe Returns for "American Idiot" Closing Weeks

plaid ducky

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's elitist bullshit. No fan is better than another, get off your pedestal.

Um, for serious? Why?

I was being sarcastic lol I feel like no one goes through other pages of this thread.

I'm sick of explaining the same situation over and over again.

No one deserved special treatment. It was confusion for other people thinking it was a public show. Some of us who WERE invited to be there, but were not on the list yet, got screwed over. It doesn't matter now. It's all over....and besides isn't this the 'Billie Joe Returns for 'American Idiot' Closing Weeks'?...

My weekend – I’m overlooking the Tubbies thing and focusing on the good, which was very, very good. Let’s not let it get ugly in here when we have so much to celebrate and be thankful for!

Friday

I arrived Friday afternoon and headed straight to the theater. I planned on barricading that evening rather than seeing the show although it was difficult watching everyone file in with their tickets. The weather was not cooperating. It was freezing – so if you were there, I was the strange one jumping up and down to keep warm. After 3 hours of cold which thankfully passed quickly enough with Kelly and Cath, He appeared. It all went really fast, although we were planning for photos, it became clear that wasn’t going to happen. Luckily, I got a beautiful legible autograph. Billie didn’t really talk at all, he was just signing on autopilot. There was a lot of crazy screaming, he really does put up with a lot. I spoke my thanks in a surprisingly rational voice at him rather than to him.

Saturday

After an unsuccessful attempt at lotto, I caved and bought a rush ticket for the matinee. I had a full view of the stage from row M of the mezz for just $37. It was my first time seeing the show since January. I felt the new cast members all acquitted themselves very well. Van was really good. After the show I headed to Bowlmor Lanes with Yvette and Julie. We met Niki and got a copy of her book. It was my first GDA meet up and it was so cool to meet people or in some cases just see them in real life! I hung out with Hege and Kate for a while then headed to lotto. We could hear the band soundchecking inside the theater. I had a good seat purchased for the evening show, so naturally I won lotto. There was total silence after my name was called as no one knew me and I was in shock. Row BB – fantastic! It was so much better than the afternoon. I love how you can feel the vibrations of the music up so close to the stage. Overall, it was a great day.

Sunday

For matinee, I went to see Jerusalem with Yvette. (Thank you again!) It was really good. I found it a little hard at times to catch all the dialogue, so I imagine many Americans were completely stumped! That Wiltshire accent can be tough. It was so strange to see John Gallagher Jr wearing regular fitting jeans! He was very good, though his accent went in and out. Mark Rylance was amazing; you could just watch him forever. After the show, we met John and I got a picture and autograph. He was lovely. It was funny when he asked the surrounding crowd who had actually seen Jerusalem. For the last show, the St James was insane. I met Rebecca’s mom in line on the way in and proceeded to lavish praise on her daughter. It was so odd because normally you couldn’t pay me to talk to strangers but I was just so full of emotion, excitement and happiness that it came gushing out. She was really nice. I was in orchestra Row E, dead center and it was an amazing seat. The former cast members were in the 2 rows behind me and screamed the loudest during the show. Paul Rudd and Adrienne were 1 row behind, Lea Michele 2 rows, and Sarah Jessica and Matthew Broderick 3/4 rows back. Melissa Etheridge was also there. It was so crazy as we ended up standing to see everyone who was coming in. Then we had to cheer for everyone as well. The show eventually started after Billie stuck his hand out from the behind the stage curtain. Everyone was clapping, cheering, singing and shouting. I could see Van was playing to the former cast members, who provided backing vocals for several numbers. The show went by very quickly and for some reason I was still noticing things for the first time. It was just such an amazing spot from which to see the show – the perfect point to take in the whole stage. I loved how Rebecca got her own standing ovation after Letterbomb – the only individual to get one other than Billie Joe. We saw her mom again after the show and remarked on this. The speeches were great. The best part was the international tour. Even if it’s not concrete, it shows that they have the intention. I really do believe they will come to London at the very least. I presume it must be at least 2 years from now, so there is plenty of time for everyone to save money. I don’t care at the moment if they come to Dublin, although I’d like to note that Spring Awakening did eventually show up last year! The Green Day show was spectacular (I’m running out of superlatives here!) I was thrilled when they started with Only of You. The Spiderman piece was funny. Other highlights were Longview –my mother says to get a job, but I’m a fucking playwright, bitch, and of course Jesus of Suburbia. After the show I saw a few cast and band members leaving and got a picture and autograph with Michael Esper. I was on a roll of overcoming shyness/mortification!

Overall, it was a wonderful weekend. Sunday was one of the best days I can remember. I will have to watch videos of the events as so many delightful things happened so quickly it was hard to keep track of everything, which is part of the reason I wanted to post this. It was great meeting new friends (some I mentioned and others I didn’t – this is already too long) and I hope to see you all at future events.

I wonder what city I can make it to for the national tour…

Anyone think Billie will randomly show up at one of the tour dates and play St. Jimmy? I doubt it but you really never know with him. :lol:

Wow, I just read the previous pages, and watched the two Foxies videos. Looks like it was an awesome show. Such a.. celebration. (: Billie did get too far at times from what I've read, but he was drunk..

I love how at the end of the It's Fuck Time video he says "Stop drop and roll". Ahaha. Aww :wub::lol:

Katie (I think that's your name) when will you be posting your review? I'm quite literally dying to read it! :shy:

Sorry to bug you..

Anyone think Billie will randomly show up at one of the tour dates and play St. Jimmy? I doubt it but you really never know with him. :lol:

probably! then at least people who didn't get to see him will have a chance will it is on the road

I hope so!!

LA/London please?!

I think London was mentioned on Sunday, I forget by who...

I think London was mentioned on Sunday, I forget by who...

By one of the producers I think. If it comes to the West End while I'm at Uni I will literally go to every show... I might need to take out a mortgage to do so but oh well.... I'll think about that later!!

Katie (I think that's your name) when will you be posting your review? I'm quite literally dying to read it! :shy:

Sorry to bug you..

I'm not quite sure.. it probably won't be much more than what I've already posted before.. cause those are the highlights lol

That's elitist bullshit. No fan is better than another, get off your pedestal.

This is probably awful of me to say, and I'm probably gonna get bitched at for it. But wouldn't it make you mad if a fan who has just become a fan and didn't know the band names or anything of the older music gets to meet the band/get special treatment when you've been devoted for them for a long time? I'm NOT saying this happened here...at all.... I'm just wondering what you thought about that situation.

This is probably awful of me to say, and I'm probably gonna get bitched at for it. But wouldn't it make you mad if a fan who has just become a fan and didn't know the band names or anything of the older music gets to meet the band/get special treatment when you've been devoted for them for a long time? I'm NOT saying this happened here...at all.... I'm just wondering what you thought about that situation.

If anyone thinks they deserve anything because they've been devoted to them longer, then they're doing it for the wrong reasons.

I am so sick of people being a bunch of cunts in this thread. I hope I get banned for being a fucking bitch because half of you are fucking stupid because 80% of you in here weren't even there to know what went on Sunday night. So, when something like this happens next time, and you're there trying to deal with the situation, come back and talk to me.

And no one thinks they are better than any other fan. Everyone there was disappointed and apparently no one understand sarcasm

I am so sick of people being a bunch of cunts in this thread. I hope I get banned for being a fucking bitch because half of you are fucking stupid because 80% of you in here weren't even there to know what went on Sunday night. So, when something like this happens next time, and you're there trying to deal with the situation, come back and talk to me.

And no one thinks they are better than any other fan. Everyone there was disappointed and apparently no one understand sarcasm

Stop defending your self...you didn't do anything wrong. People are people with opinions and you can't change them. No need to let it get to you. :)

Stop defending your self...you didn't do anything wrong. People are people with opinions and you can't change them. No need to let it get to you. :)

I'm defending me and everyone else who were there who are upset about what happened, and the people bitching at us about us bitching about Sunday night is pissing me off....

plus I am already in an annoyed mood as it is which isn't helping this at all

ugh

:pinch:

If anyone thinks they deserve anything because they've been devoted to them longer, then they're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Well...deserving of things isn't really want I wanted to say. I mean I don't think anyone deserves ANYTHING from a band. They already give us so much.

Honestly, no. A fan is a fan. I don't think knowing all their songs, their history and being able to list every guitar Billie has off the top of your head makes you a better fan. More knowledgeable sure, but not better. Being a fan is about loving the music, whether that's someone who loves every song/album they've ever done, or some 12 year old kid who relates to 21 Guns. I don't care if someone who knows less about the band than I do meets them, gets put on a guestlist or whatever, I'm sure they would enjoy it and hopefully it'd increase their interest in the band. Sure, I get jealous sometimes, but I'd get jealous even if the person had been a fan for twice as long as I've been. I'd never be mad at someone for meeting the band.

Also that post was slightly irrelevant seeing as TAG was being sarcastic and I didn't pick up on it, but yeah.

Honestly, no. A fan is a fan. I don't think knowing all their songs, their history and being able to list every guitar Billie has off the top of your head makes you a better fan. More knowledgeable sure, but not better. Being a fan is about loving the music, whether that's someone who loves every song/album they've ever done, or some 12 year old kid who relates to 21 Guns. I don't care if someone who knows less about the band than I do meets them, gets put on a guestlist or whatever, I'm sure they would enjoy it and hopefully it'd increase their interest in the band. Sure, I get jealous sometimes, but I'd get jealous even if the person had been a fan for twice as long as I've been. I'd never be mad at someone for meeting the band.

Also that post was slightly irrelevant seeing as TAG was being sarcastic and I didn't pick up on it, but yeah.

Yea sorry about cursing you out. I was annoyed that no one caught up on the sarcasm :hug:

p.s I don't even know every guitar Billie has off the top of my head lmao

Didn't say I was on a pedestal so how about you go fuck yourself.

Like I said above, I took that post as being serious, in which case you would definitely have had your head in the clouds. That was not the case, I missed the sarcasm and made a comment. Sorry.

EDIT: Late, but yeah it's grand.

All in all, we are fans of the same band, new or old, young and old, no one is better than another fan. :hug:

Archived