Jesus of Suburbia

J'net

Does anyone besides me think "Jesus of Suburbia" could somehow be related to "East Jesus Nowhere" not just because Jesus is in the title you know like just Jesus has changed from American Idiot to 21st Century Breakdown Tim Period Like Jesus is breaking down himself?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is great. Great conversations going on about the song, I just love reading it all.

Such an incredible song. Totally eclipses songs like Bohemina Rhapsody. Awesome performance with some 10 year old playin guitar :)

My link

Awwww I love that video! :D The kid's cute, and I like the perspective of the video (it's clearly from a crowd perspective - haven't watched any videos like that in a while).

I don't think so. JOS is referring to a character's alter ego. EJN is more referring to the corruption in modern religion, and how so much of it is a sham. If anything, I'd think that Holiday and EJN had more of a link. The guys did a very good job of keeping AI and 21CB separate stories, even though there are musical and lyrical similarities between the two.

Thank You And You Are Right

Finally, My favorite song EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg, I can't describe how much this song means for me.

I love the feeling this song gives me. It makes me cry sometimes.

This song is .....masterpiece, incredible, magic, the lyrics, the music...

I heard it so many times and it never gets boring

This song got me into Green day.

:wub::wub::wub:

I'm pretty sure this has to be my favourite song, it just means so much to me. And its the best song to listen to when you're feeling absolutely shite, just stick it on full blast and get taken away from everything for a while.

Coolest kid in the world.

Epic.

I used to like Homecoming more than JOS, but the past year or so I have changed my mind I think.

There's just so much to love in this song, every bit of it is amazing. A proper epic! There's so many twists and turns of emotion and mood. I think my favourite section is Tales Of Another Broken Home, I love the driving, powerful music and lyrics. And I think "It says 'home is where your heart is' but what a shame, 'cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same" is my favourite lyric of the whole album.

This is my favourite thing in the world! That kid is truly inspirational. I remember a little while ago Green Day mentioned in an interview that they've seen this video and think it's really cool, I love knowing they've seen it.

Kind of off topic, but that's such an amazing video! It's videos like that that sum up why I love this band so much. It shows what a fantastic live band they are, how they care about their fans so much, the general feeling of one of their concerts and, of course, the song that they're performing is Jesus of Suburbia (enough said), among so many other things and ugh. This really is the best band in the world :wub:

My favorite quote of all time comes from this masterpiece.

"There's nothing wrong with me, this is how I'm supposed to be."

I'm getting it tattooed somewhere once I turn eighteen. I relate to that one line more than almost any other. Green Day helped me overcome my self-consciousness about the music I listened to; before I started listening to them, Weird Al and Linkin Park were basically the only bands I really listened to. Everyone already knew that I loved Weird Al, but I didn't want anyone to know that I listened to LP because I didn't want to be labeled as 'emo'.

However, once I discovered Green Day, I finally decided that I don't give a fuck what others think about me or my music, I fucking love Green Day, I'm going to fucking show it. :D

They'll never top this. :(

Very true, but I don't see it as a sad thing at all. They wrote nothing like that before 2004 yet the music was still great. I think its so good for them to have a song like this that they can be proud of and say is their crowning glory. I'm sure Billie will at least.

One of my farvorites that for sure :wub:

Its unbelievable amazing. There is so many emotions in this song, and it makes it even better that it it so long.:D

I first really got this song, the first time I saw BIAB, when Billie was talking about it. It hit me, and I felt all the emotions!

I have only been to one GD concert but I have to say that, this song is also SO fucking amazing live! Cause when it starts playing you feel... How can I place it... The atmosphere is going to a whole new level with all the emotioins. You can feel how much the song mean to so many.

And in Dearly Beloved, when I everybody raise their arms. That feeling. I must admit I got a few tears in my eyes :shy:

Great song to sing along to in rock band.

So true! Possibly the most fun song to sing on there. The guitar's really good too. And as well as it just being fun it really makes you notice every little aspect of the song, I appreciate it even more because of Rock Band.

I'm sure people have seen this before, and there is a whole album of these edits creatively called American Edit by Dean Gray (thought that was amusing), but this is the best remix on the album

...and probably the "real" reason why the band decided to shoot all the videos for AAF in Japan! :sherlock:

I love this song! :wub: It takes me back to the first I listened to American Idiot. I was like : Oh my god, a 9 minutes song!

And after, I discovered the story of Jesus of Suburbia, and the music of Green Day.

Here's my favorite part of the song:

It says: home is where your heart is,

But what a shame,

'Cause everyone's heart,

Doesn't beat the same,

We're beating out of time

You all know what Jesus of Surburbia is about. And I think that is the perfection of it. It means something different to everyone.

Maybe it was written a certain way to carry out the story of "Jesus", but I think Billie knew when he wrote it that it was going to be bigger than he could possibly fathom.

Yes, the story is about a young person breaking away from the boredom and repetiton of suburban life all the while discussing their trials and tribulations.

But to me, and I'm sure to a lot of people, it isn't only about that. Each person has their own trials and tribulations and they can relate to this song in almost every way.

i love this song!

as a matter of fact im almost done learning it! the whole 9 minutes! :dance:

Best Green Day song in the history of the band. It still resonates just as deeply with me as it did on Easter Sunday of 2005 when I first popped the CD into my stereo and heard it for the first time. As time has gone on and I have grown older and experienced new things, I've uncovered different meanings and felt different conveyed feelings. I believe that this is also the time in my life where I will relate most to JOS since I'm 18, living at home, and potentially wasting my life. I sometimes feel empowered by the song to make a change, and as I've been deciding whether or not to kick my ass into gear and apply to better schools away from home, I've listened to this song to motivate me.

The bottom line is that JOS has motivated me and made me feel deeper than any song I've ever heard has in my entire life. Every time I listen to it, something new resonates with me, and I hope that will continue for years to come.

Also, my favorite part is

I don't feel any shame, I won't apologize when there ain't nowhere you can go.

Ashamed to say that at first this song made me drink a lot more Coca Cola, purely because of the "steady diet of soda pop and ritalin" :lol:

I got addicted to the stuff! Now I don't drink it at all for moral/health reasons, don't buy coca cola products kids!

Long as it didn't get you addicted to ritalin, Mary Jane and someone else's cocaine! :lol:

Well...can't exactly speak against the mary jane bit! I probably would have anyway but my whole Green Day experience was a lot of the reason why I tried and ended up really enjoying weed.

Long as it didn't get you addicted to ritalin, Mary Jane and someone else's cocaine! :lol:

Better someone else's than your own though, right?

Archived