Green Day Question and Answer Thread

tapdancingowl

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read somewhere that he repairs bikes, but I don't knwo if that's true XD

I think I read he's a park ranger, but that might've been Kain Kong from The Lookouts.

Well, both of those sounds... Weird. Not unbelievable though.

e0srxe.jpg

This long. :ninja:

Win.

I think I read he's a park ranger, but that might've been Kain Kong from The Lookouts.

that's Kain, not John.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what he does these days? I mean like what he works with.

Recently he produced "The Lobom Funka Album" by The Troublemakers a garage band from Sacramento, California. He now lives in San Francisco, California with his wife Greta and his young son Lolo. He coaches baseball.

ewaxe.jpg

3220515646_0232bb1950_z.jpg

Recently he produced "The Lobom Funka Album" by The Troublemakers a garage band from Sacramento, California. He now lives in San Francisco, California with his wife Greta and his young son Lolo. He coaches baseball.

ewaxe.jpg

3220515646_0232bb1950_z.jpg

How do you get hold of that information? :o

Thanks a lot though :happy:

So that's how he looks like

i don't wanna be mean (i know he's already 42) but.. he looks pretty old :D

this has been running through my head for a couple of days, why was Al Sobrante called that way? because I friend of mine told me once a story about it but I can't remember it ¬¬'

He was nicknamed that after a town in the Bay Area called El Sobrante. I've heard a story that he went jogging and got tired and passed out and woke up and saw a sign that said El Sobrante on it and decided to call himself Al Sobrante from that moment, but I'm not sure how true that is :lol:. I don't know if El Sobrante was actually his hometown or just near his hometown, but either way I think it's more likely he just called himself that because it's a town in the Bay Area and he's from the Bay Area.

as far as i remember that sign said "Welcome to Al Sobrante, California", but he read "Welcome Al Sobrante to California" and that's why he started to call him Al Sobrante ;)

as far as i remember that sign said "Welcome to Al Sobrante, California", but he read "Welcome Al Sobrante to California" and that's why he started to call him Al Sobrante ;)

Ahh yes I'd forgotten that part, thanks! Still doubt whether the story is 100% true though :lol:

Ahh yes I'd forgotten that part, thanks! Still doubt whether the story is 100% true though :lol:

you're welcome ;) haha idk...and we'll probably never know whether the story is right :D

sry for the double post :D

does anyone know when/in which interview Billie said: "School is practice for the future, practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect - so why practice?"

I always wanted to find when he said that, but all i could find was THAT he said it but no other info about it :D

Hey guys!

Wanned to ask if anybody knows if Reverend Strychninetwitchs alligator-cane has a name?

Hey guys!

Wanned to ask if anybody knows if Reverend Strychninetwitchs alligator-cane has a name?

It does! One Eyed Jack. He started calling it that because they played at a venue called One Eyed Jack's on the 2008 mini tour.

It does! One Eyed Jack. He started calling it that because they played at a venue called One Eyed Jack's on the 2008 mini tour.

Thanks so much!

Hey is anybody else just getting a completely blue screen when trying to access the US Green Day store? Greenday.com said they're having a Leap Day special so I wanted to check some stuff out, but every time I try to access it I just get a blue screen... :blink:

I get a blue screen too. For a second while loading the screen looks normal, but when it's done it's all blue (although a Green Day song does start playing and I can't turn it off).

It's only the main page though, the other pages do work (I can still click links on the main page, just can't see anything).

Hi guys, I was looking for a video of a live version of Longview, when Billie pulled up on stage a guy with a yellow helmet who sang Longview growling :lol:

I remember it was during the first leg of the 21st CB tour but I can't seem to find the video...

Hi guys, I was looking for a video of a live version of Longview, when Billie pulled up on stage a guy with a yellow helmet who sang Longview growling :lol:

I remember it was during the first leg of the 21st CB tour but I can't seem to find the video...

That would be live at Madison Square Garden July 27th 2009. Here's a video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FdnN9E6a00

Thank you! That guy is crazy :lol:

Archived