Green Day Question and Answer Thread

tapdancingowl

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The song or the actual title?

The song is basically about growing up and seeing a childhood friend who's not doing so hot.

Not a friend who's not doing hot, but one that's changed, and not for the better. Mike used sickness to describe someone who isn't the person you remember them being.

And the closest you can get with the title (because "Sleepus" isn't a real word in any language) is "The Buyer Sleeps" or "Sleep with the Buyer". Seeing as the word Sleepus is made up, Emenius could just happen to be the Latin (or whatever language it was in) word for buyer and Mike was actually trying to say "Enemy Sleeps" or "Sleep with the Enemy".

whats on the american idiot bonus cd?

which one?

there's an Aussie special edition with a bonus DVD with the making of the BOBD/Holiday videos

there's the Japanese special edition with live American Idiot songs and CD-ROM video of those songs...

Does anyone know a website for Green Day bootlegs, live albums, singles, or other rarity artwork scans? So, pretty much just good quality pictures of the front cover of rare gd cds. Thanks if you can help :)

It's 2000 light years away. Here's a vid:

That's from the Chula Vista show on September 2nd, 2010. It was during 2,000 Light Years Away. Here's a video of it. :lol:

Thanks guys!!! :D

Does anyone know a website for Green Day bootlegs, live albums, singles, or other rarity artwork scans? So, pretty much just good quality pictures of the front cover of rare gd cds. Thanks if you can help :)

Google.

nah sorry, I don't know a site like that. You might get lucky with some Green Day collections websites, but those probably won't have good quality pictures. There's one site that might have some of them, but it's bookmarked on my own computer, which I'm not on right now.

gdtorrent.com has a bunch of bootlegs, pictures and setlists. Check out their 'live guide'.

A good place for album covers would be http://greendaydiscography.com/

Did Green Day play on any tv shows to promote Bullet in a Bible when it came out?

I remember seeing a video of them from a talk show (Kilborn, I think), and they played WMUWSE.

Thanks guys :happy:

i've got another 2 questions :" what is a seven-eleven?" (from jesus of Suburbia "city of the damned")

and :"who is the underbelly?" (from East 12th Street)

That's more like another 12 questions :P

But to answer your question, 7-11 is a shop. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7-Eleven

and who the Underbelly is (though the question is more like "what is the Underbelly" or "who are (in) the Underbelly")... hmm, I'm not sure. Other people can probably explain that better, but something like JoS's "punk crew" thing.

edit: that was no grammar correction, just a thing to make clear that the Underbelly isn't one person :)

At that point my computer went EPIC FAIL so sorry for the 12 questions :whistle

i've got another 2 questions :" what is a seven-eleven?" (from jesus of Suburbia "city of the damned")

7-11 is a convenience store in the US.

And from what I gather, the underbelly is the name of the group of friends Jesus of Suburbia hangs out with.

Can anyone tell me where the three b-sides to the 21 Guns Live EP were recorded? I am planning on putting them into the AAF tracklist to make a mega setlist but all wiki says is "New York 2009" but they played a few shows there in 2009.

Can anyone tell me where the three b-sides to the 21 Guns Live EP were recorded? I am planning on putting them into the AAF tracklist to make a mega setlist but all wiki says is "New York 2009" but they played a few shows there in 2009.

I don't think anybody really knows, but the posts in this thread might help you out.

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/index.php?showtopic=73459&st=60

Thanks, I'll settle for F.O.D being from MSG since they didn't play it anywhere else in NY and Brain Stew/Jaded being from Albany since he shouts it in the song.

Also good to know that Who Wrote Holden Caulfield from the actual album was played at MSG, up until now I had it labelled as "New York, NY" I like to have everything labelled properly in iTunes :thumbsup:

7-11 is a convenience store in the US.

And from what I gather, the underbelly is the name of the group of friends Jesus of Suburbia hangs out with.

Anyone seen any footage of Billie and John Gallagher Jr doing the "its comedy, and tradgedy" part of St. Jimmy that is decent video quality? All of them I have found have had their faces totally washed out by the lights.....

------------

urbandictionary.com defines underbelly as "the lowest of the low."

^ Yeah he's talking about the people he hangs out with, who are in the underbelly of society. In other words the shady, underground, 'scummy' part of society.

is there some sort of green day fan mail address of some way to write to them?

Short answer - No.

Long answer - You could send your mail to Warner's address which is on the back of Dookie, in the copyright section (although it might be outdated) but it is pretty unlikely it'll ever get to the members.If you're feeling real lucky, go ahead and send something to it, but don't expect a letter back or anything.

Idk if this has been asked before but here goes:

Were the foam fingers that were used in the NGFL video actual merchandise that was sold to promote Nimrod? As in, would I ever be able to get one like off eBay or something?

cool story bro.

why this thread though?

Just my current feelings...

Random question, but at the beginning of East Jesus Nowhere, is that Billie who's saying, "And we will see how godless of a nation we have become"? I always wondered because it sort of sounds like him, but not really in a way... idk, lol

Random question, but at the beginning of East Jesus Nowhere, is that Billie who's saying, "And we will see how godless of a nation we have become"? I always wondered because it sort of sounds like him, but not really in a way... idk, lol

If you are talking about the 21st Century Breakdown version, I believe it is a soundbite and I think I heard it somewhere but I can't remember exactly where I heard it but its not Billie.

When they play it live, Billie always leads into EJN with "And you will see how godless of a nation we have become."

So I remember hearing something about a FHT east-coast tour in the spring of 2011. Does anyone know where that rumor originated from and if there's any truth to it?

lawl no.

Lauren made that little rumor up. :lol:

Archived