Green Day Question and Answer Thread

tapdancingowl

How are they censoring Longview, Brain Stew / Jaded, Stuck With Me, Nice Guys Finish Last? It's like this weird like whip sound when they say f**k, like they said freak instead like on the International Supervideos! DVD during Nice Guys Finish Last it sounds like "I'm so freaking happy I could cry, but the album version says f****n. In Brain Stew it just sound like a rope snapping or something, it;s hard to explain. I just kinda right to know how they did that.

They take the multi-tracks and replace all the cursing with the whip sound. What about it?

Sometimes they cut the word out completely or then reverse the word.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTION (I think that's the actual name) is a Fifteen cover. It was recorded in 1992 at WFMU radio, so it's a live recording for radio play :)

I know what it is, I just wanted to know where it was from. Thanks.

They take the multi-tracks and replace all the cursing with the whip sound. What about it?

Oh, I thought they were using some type of effect, cause I know there is the common silence, bleep, reverse, wahwah, I just never heard that type of censoring before.

Oh, I thought they were using some type of effect, cause I know there is the common silence, bleep, reverse, wahwah, I just never heard that type of censoring before.

I think it's common, just not as common. I know Papa Roach used the same thing for one of their music videos.

The IC forum says 22,663

Ha such loosers we have the double amount on here haha. :D

Ha such loosers we have the double amount on here haha. :D

I think we're the losers on this one. Let's not forget those people pay $20 a year to be a member. We get anyone willing to spend 3 minutes to fill out a registration form.

I think we're the losers on this one. Let's not forget those people pay $20 a year to be a member. We get anyone willing to spend 3 minutes to fill out a registration form.

I just feel this is a better place. You don't have to pay money, and GDC is just great in general! :happy: And I think we have more active members.

I just feel this is a better place. You don't have to pay money, and GDC is just great in general! :happy: And I think we have more active members.

Yeah think so too. Im not a member of the IC, but from what Ive heard, its pretty shitty. And we have a way better sense of community here thats for sure. :thumbsup:

Ahh yes but the IC itself is a winner raking in all that cash :thumbsup:. With it's members being the losers paying it (me being one of them :cool:).

Ahh yes but the IC itself is a winner raking in all that cash :thumbsup:. With it's members being the losers paying it (me being one of them :cool:).

yeah, that's what I was getting at. No doubt this is a better forum, but at least they make money and because they charge, they don't get some of the crap members we do.

What i'm really trying to say is that I wish all 44,000 of you would give me $5.

yeah, that's what I was getting at. No doubt this is a better forum, but at least they make money and because they charge, they don't get some of the crap members we do.

What i'm really trying to say is that I wish all 44,000 of you would give me $5.

They probably don't get some of the cool and amusing members we do for the same reason. So don't worry you don't need to have that $220,000 :D

I'm gonna join the Idiot Club again just for the shirt. :P I've been off and on since 1995. :lol:

I'm joining the IC too, but the IC and GDC are yery different and for me is GDC the netter way to talk with other GD fans :happy:

but IC have some very good things too (not only the shirt), like the chat with Chris Dugan or some contests. the thing with C.D. was a special thing, but anyway.

Could anybody answer me this question?: Did Green Day really play on the AI Broadway Cast CD or is it the band which is every AI performance on stage?

Could anybody answer me this question?: Did Green Day really play on the AI Broadway Cast CD or is it the band which is every AI performance on stage?

Yes. All music by Green Day, except for the piano/synthesizer/accordion/violin/viola/cello. :)

(Also, they used additional guitars in a few songs. Like it says in the booklet: Alec Berlin, John Gallagher Jr. for BOBD, When It's Time, WMUWSE and TOYL; Michael Esper & Stark Sands for WMUWSE; Joshua Henry & Gerard Canonico for TOYL)

Yes. All music by Green Day, except for the piano/synthesizer/accordion/violin/viola/cello. :)

(Also, they used additional guitars in a few songs. Like it says in the booklet: Alec Berlin, John Gallagher Jr. for BOBD, When It's Time, WMUWSE and TOYL; Michael Esper & Stark Sands for WMUWSE; Joshua Henry & Gerard Canonico for TOYL)

Did Jason Freese do the piano? I'd imagine he would.

Also, GD performed all of When it's Time, the very last track.

Nah, I'm pretty sure the musical pianist did that.

I'd check but it's fucking impossible to get the booklet back in the CD case so I'm not gonna do that :lol:

Nah, I'm pretty sure the musical pianist did that.

I'd check but it's fucking impossible to get the booklet back in the CD case so I'm not gonna do that :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with that.

No, Jason Freese is not listed. And you're forgetting about one thing. There are two versions of When It's Time on the record. One by the cast, one by just Green Day, which is the last track you're referring to. The one where John's singing is the one with the additional guitars I mentioned. :)

Thanks for the answer :happy:

and another question: I´ll see the AI musical on his last day, but I´ll be in NYC before sunday and I wanna go to the theatre after the performance without seeing it, only the signing and that... But I don´t know when I should be at the St. James, cuz it´s the last weekend and I think a lot of people (specially GD fans) will be there. I answered this question once, but now I´m not sure if only 30 min. are enough?

could you help me? please!

No, Jason Freese is not listed. And you're forgetting about one thing. There are two versions of When It's Time on the record. One by the cast, one by just Green Day, which is the last track you're referring to. The one where John's singing is the one with the additional guitars I mentioned. :)

I didn't forget it ;)

Thanks for the answer :happy:and another question: I´ll see the AI musical on his last day, but I´ll be in NYC before sunday and I wanna go to the theatre after the performance without seeing it, only the signing and that... But I don´t know when I should be at the St. James, cuz it´s the last weekend and I think a lot of people (specially GD fans) will be there. I answered this question once, but now I´m not sure if only 30 min. are enough?could you help me? please!

I was there on BJ's last day on his last run, and people were starting to wait outside the theater 2-3 hours in advance. Like, the performance started at 7:30pm, I arrived at 8pm, and there were already people there. So I'd definitely be prepared to go earlier than 30 minutes in advance, especially when it's closing weekend!

and another question: I´ll see the AI musical on his last day, but I´ll be in NYC before sunday and I wanna go to the theatre after the performance without seeing it, only the signing and that... But I don´t know when I should be at the St. James, cuz it´s the last weekend and I think a lot of people (specially GD fans) will be there. I answered this question once, but now I´m not sure if only 30 min. are enough?

could you help me? please!

you'd want to get there before the show actually starts, but even earlier if possible. It'll be crazy and packed on the last day.

I'd personally get there an hour or more before doors opened.

I didn't forget it ;)

I thought you did cause you said "all". All good then. :thumbsup:

Archived