Green Day Question and Answer Thread

tapdancingowl

sure??

there was something about beeing vegetarian in "nobody likes you"

Yea. From memory Billie was vegetarian but he had to give it up, I could be wrong. I do know this question has been asked before and people have said they aren't

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heey everybody :)

I´d may be a stupid question, but who from green day is vegetarian/vegan? I´m never sure about that ^^

thx for answering ;)

Yea. From memory Billie was vegetarian but he had to give it up, I could be wrong. I do know this question has been asked before and people have said they aren't

I don't know if it helps, but Billie's favorite food is still Veggie Lasagna.

sure??

there was something about beeing vegetarian in "nobody likes you"

Yeah it was something that Billie (and Mike??) tried in the early 90s, but they lost too much weight so they gave it up.

I just found the Welcome to Paradise single from the UK, and the inside artwork says "FREE HUEY." Anyone know what that means?

Anyone remember that coffee table book they were working on on the 2009 tour? I remember in Berlin, some people in line were approached by a photographer and he took pictures of them saying he's working on a book about GD on tour. I've never heard about it again after that. Anyone knows about it?

edit: aaron mentioned it briefly in cometbus, that's how I remembered

Anyone remember that coffee table book they were working on on the 2009 tour? I remember in Berlin, some people in line were approached by a photographer and he took pictures of them saying he's working on a book about GD on tour. I've never heard about it again after that. Anyone knows about it?

I thought that coffee table book thing was already out?

I thought that coffee table book thing was already out?

I've never seen anything like that around though. And I thought if it was out, I would have heard about it through gdc or gda.

I've never seen anything like that around though. And I thought if it was out, I would have heard about it through gdc or gda.

Do you mean like the coffee table book of the tour (which is out), or the coffee table book where there also was that contest where you could take pictures of your Green Day room and everything?

I think that's the same as the one that Chris Dugan and Bill were asked about during the live chat on the Idiot Club. If i remember correctly, they said that was still being done, but it was being done by that photographer, like, it was his project. I think they mentioned that it was still going to come out, I don't think they said a specific time though.

Do you mean like the coffee table book of the tour (which is out), or the coffee table book where there also was that contest where you could take pictures of your Green Day room and everything?

You mean the tour book they sold for 10 bucks right? No, not that one. And I don't know about the GD room one. What is that about?

I think that's the same as the one that Chris Dugan and Bill were asked about during the live chat on the Idiot Club. If i remember correctly, they said that was still being done, but it was being done by that photographer, like, it was his project. I think they mentioned that it was still going to come out, I don't think they said a specific time though.

Oh okay! Thanks for clarifying that. I'm sure it is that one I mean. It seems to take a long time though. I hope that means it's going to be really good :thumbsup:

Thanks for this. I've been wondering about it too. (Really want to know who got selected from all the entries and if any are from GDC!!)

Do you have the Disease Is Punisment DVD though? The DVD you get with the CD just has the music videos from Disease Is Punishment on it.

nope dont have the Disease Is Punisment DVD =/

nope dont have the Disease Is Punisment DVD =/

Right OK, well what I mean is there's nothing on the other version of the CD that isn't also on Disease Is Punishment. So there'd be no point in buying that CD when you could just buy Disease Is Punishment instead.

I recommend it, it's a whole live Network show plus 6 music videos. It's weird :lol:, but a great DVD.

What's the AI lottery thing I keep hearing about? =/

No to sure but I think its like for students, they can go in the draw to have there tickets upgraded

What's the AI lottery thing I keep hearing about? =/

You show up at the theatre two hours before the show starts and put your name in a bucket. Then they draw names, and the winners get one or two seats from the two first rows for $27 per ticket.

You show up at the theatre two hours before the show starts and put your name in a bucket. Then they draw names, and the winners get one or two seats from the two first rows for $27 per ticket.

Ah, thank you. :)

And that's pretty awesome. :o Wish I lived closer to New York though. :dry:

Does this happen in the actual St James theater? Or is it somewhere else? I was trying to figure it out when I was in NYC for the show on the 27th but didn't know where to go...

Does this happen in the actual St James theater? Or is it somewhere else? I was trying to figure it out when I was in NYC for the show on the 27th but didn't know where to go...

It happens right outside the main doors (actually a bit to the left) of the St. James. You show up 2 hours before the show and there will be someone outside with a bucket and slips of papers and pens. You write down your name and how many tickets you want (one or two) and put in a bucket. A half hour later, they gather everyone around and call the names. You have to be there to get picked because if you're not, they'll skip right over you and go to the next.

How are they censoring Longview, Brain Stew / Jaded, Stuck With Me, Nice Guys Finish Last? It's like this weird like whip sound when they say f**k, like they said freak instead like on the International Supervideos! DVD during Nice Guys Finish Last it sounds like "I'm so freaking happy I could cry, but the album version says f****n. In Brain Stew it just sound like a rope snapping or something, it;s hard to explain. I just kinda right to know how they did that.

They take the multi-tracks and replace all the cursing with the whip sound. What about it?

So, I was listening to their cover of C Yo Yus (C#tion, AKA Sometimes I Don't Mind) and I started wondering: Where the fuck was that recorded? There's no audience interference and it's in pretty good quality, so I don't know if it's live or not. Maybe it was on a technically live show, like the studio 880 sessions or BBC? Or maybe it was performed on a radio show?

So, I was listening to their cover of C Yo Yus (C#tion, AKA Sometimes I Don't Mind) and I started wondering: Where the fuck was that recorded? There's no audience interference and it's in pretty good quality, so I don't know if it's live or not. Maybe it was on a technically live show, like the studio 880 sessions or BBC? Or maybe it was performed on a radio show?

CTION (I think that's the actual name) is a Fifteen cover. It was recorded in 1992 at WFMU radio, so it's a live recording for radio play :)

Archived