Green Day Question and Answer Thread

tapdancingowl

Ahh yeah that sounds accurate. I don't know much about the musical storyline so I was just going by the album, from your description sounds like they linked in the rest of the character well.

Ah thanks, is clearer now :)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

z9fzns.jpg?t=1299243183

Can anyone make that out? Adrienne put it up here. All I can see is that it's a letter from Amanda Johnson complaining about profanity and masturbation comments in the musical :lol:

I think it says:

Dear Sir or Madame,

My friends and I attended American Idiot at your theatre on February 22, 2011.

I was looking forward to an upbeat, high energy, and (?) show to top off a great day in New York. Instead, I was (dumbfounded?) with inexcusably, profane and disturbing scenes that left me to (shriek?).

The scene where the protagonist and his girlfriend shoot up was (?)ting, and caused me to leave the auditorium.

The comment about masturbation in the opening scene was vulgar and unnecessary.

The (?) theme of rebellion against and disrespect for parents displeased me. It was hard enough for me to watch today;s (?) being (?) in (?), who sit around all day, do drugs, and sleep around in American Idiot. The fact that they mooch off their parents and than blame them for their (?) (?) (?) is the last straw.

Let me remind you that the (maturity?) of your audience is (?), (?), and (?)ed. (Why?) and provide us with some (?) decent entertainment?

In conclusion, American Idiot does not live up to the (?) of a Grammy Musical (?) (?) (?) (?) (characteristic?) of Green Day's music. I am (regretting?) my (?) (time?).

Sincerely Amanda Johnson

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/Ellenkc/z9fzns.jpg?t=1299243183

Can anyone make that out? Adrienne put it up here. All I can see is that it's a letter from Amanda Johnson complaining about profanity and masturbation comments in the musical :lol:

LOL Whats wrong with this lady? :rolleyes: There is a warning on the doors about the language and drug use in the play. She doesn't have a right to be offended. It's like going to see a rated R movie and getting upset about the content. People need to pay attention to what they go see. Whoever put up the orange note is a hero.

Does anyone have a high quality and/or big picture of the warning-sign? or the kerplunk-flower? :D

I think it says:

Dear Sir or Madame,

I was looking forward to an upbeat, high energy, and (?) show to top off a great day in New York. Instead, I was (dumbfounded?) with inexcusably, profane and disturbing scenes that left me to (shriek?).

The scene where the protagonist and his girlfriend shoot up was (?)ting, and caused me to leave the auditorium.

The (?) theme of rebellion against and disrespect for parents displeased me. It was hard enough for me to watch today;s (?) being (?) in (?), who sit around all day, do drugs, and sleep around in American Idiot. The fact that they mooch off their parents and than blame them for their (?) (?) (?) is the last straw.

Let me remind you that the (maturity?) of your audience is (?), (?), and (?)ed. (Why?) and provide us with some (?) decent entertainment?

In conclusion, American Idiot does not live up to the (?) of a Grammy Musical (?) (?) (?) (?) (characteristic?) of Green Day's music. I am (regretting?) my (?) (time?).

Sincerely Amanda Johnson

HAHAHA :lol:. Thanks so much for deciphering that!

I think it says:

Dear Sir or Madame,

Sincerely Amanda Johnson

oh the lolz. I think the "keep up the good work" note is the best part. Has this woman never listened to AI?! Like jeez woman!

HAHAHA :lol:. Thanks so much for deciphering that!

Hahaha, no problem :D

That letter is amazing.

reminds me of the letter complaining about Insomniac :lol:

Last week I bought the Network's Money Money 2020 cd. I'd already downloaded the album from iTunes about 5 years ago, but I was looking at the cd I just bought and noticed that Teenagers from Mars and Hammer of the Gods aren't on there, it just ends with X-Ray Hamburger.

Can anyone explain this?

Last week I bought the Network's Money Money 2020 cd. I'd already downloaded the album from iTunes about 5 years ago, but I was looking at the cd I just bought and noticed that Teenagers from Mars and Hammer of the Gods aren't on there, it just ends with X-Ray Hamburger.

Can anyone explain this?

Teenagers From Mars and Hammer of the Gods aren't originally on the record. I have the Adeline one, it doesn't have those tracks, but it has a DVD. It's been re-released by Reprise, and that version does have the two tracks, but not the DVD. :)

Teenagers From Mars and Hammer of the Gods aren't originally on the record. I have the Adeline one, it doesn't have those tracks, but it has a DVD. It's been re-released by Reprise, and that version does have the two tracks, but not the DVD. :)

Ok cool, that makes sense. I guess we have the original version then, thanks :happy:

I'm pretty sure they don't have an actual "fan mail" address...

No they don't. They have a generic Warner Bro's address, which kind of gets filtered, not sure how much of it ever makes it to them.

Thank you very much! :happy:

i have Teenagers From Mars and Hammer of the Gods on my CD :unsure:

There's 2 different versions of the CD. The original version only has 12 songs and comes with a DVD of the music videos. Then they re-released it with Teenagers From Mars and Hammer Of The Gods added, but no DVD.

I think most people have the re-release, that's the one I have.

That's what I said. :) If you have those tracks on your CD, you have the re-released version from Reprise. So you don't have the DVD, right?

That's what I said. :) If you have those tracks on your CD, you have the re-released version from Reprise. So you don't have the DVD, right?

ohh k yeah i dont have the DVD :cry:

ohh k yeah i dont have the DVD :cry:

Do you have the Disease Is Punisment DVD though? The DVD you get with the CD just has the music videos from Disease Is Punishment on it.

Do you have the Disease Is Punisment DVD though? The DVD you get with the CD just has the music videos from Disease Is Punishment on it.

Yeah, it's nice to have, but Disease is Punishment also has the music videos. And Teenagers From Mars. The only thing the CD/DVD has is Snoo Vision. Not that interesting..

heey everybody :)

It may be a stupid question, but who from green day is vegetarian/vegan? I´m never sure about that ^^

thx for answering ;)

heey everybody :)

I´d may be a stupid question, but who from green day is vegetarian/vegan? I´m never sure about that ^^

thx for answering ;)

None of them are vegetarians.

sure??

there was something about beeing vegetarian in "nobody likes you"

Archived