When It's Time

J'net

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, i want this as my wedding song, too.

no I think American Idiot would be a cool wedding song :lol: or East Jesus Nowhere :P

no I think American Idiot would be a cool wedding song :lol: or East Jesus Nowhere :P

hahah , seriously ?? :eyebrow:

yup, why not? I don't like these slow songs on every wedding, I want a rock'n'roll wedding :lol: but besides that I don't really wanna marry

I think this had to be one of my all time faves for the encores...

The speech before it was pretty emotional. But it was at wembley hearing this

when i really "heard" the song.. and it was beautiful..

you can see how much billie means it from the look in his eyes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmZeLtfnTN0

Wow, you can really see the passion in his face.....He put everything he had left in him that night into that one. :wub::wub:

Such an amazing and beautiful song... You can tell Billie means what he's singing...

I was there when he first played it in NYC too!

this is wonderful and his eyes are so beautiful :wub:

Such a sweet, romantic and beautiful song. I like how simple and yet so meaningful it is. And I'm always impressed by the fact that BJ wrote this song when he was 19!

It was amazing to hear it live twice, in Munich and Manchester.

Such a sweet, romantic and beautiful song. I like how simple and yet so meaningful it is. And I'm always impressed by the fact that BJ wrote this song when he was 19!

It was amazing to hear it live twice, in Munich and Manchester.

hey, I was in Munich too :P

It makes me think of all the love songs that are out there - so many loud and lavish statements, and here's this quiet little song, so honest, so vulnerable, so full of humility and gratitude. That it comes out of such a gritty, bleak place - the locked-up, lonely place, in the company of those losers - makes 'I love you' shine so strong, this hard-won prize, the time and the right to say 'I love you'. It gets said four times, but it feels like it's said over and over again, that every line of this song is 'I love you', because it leaps out and blazes and becomes the all of everything. When it comes to ' I figured out, I - LOVE - YOU' - times stands still, and Billie Joe just brings it. He stops time to be in the living moment of love, to realize it and inhabit it, and it's so fucking beautiful.

I love it live - production stuff is superfluous to this song, it's radiant in itself, a raw and beautiful punk song that just happens to take a ballad form. Random thing is my memory of singing it at the top of my voice in the pit at Marlay Park - it was a wonderful song to be singing right then, under the nite sky - and this guy ever so politely asking me what album it was from, and me carefully explaining about the musical and the album. That I could have a conversation like that kind of demonstrates how wild and crazy a pit it was - not, lol!!

To all of which I must add - when it's time to say 'I love you' is whenever you feel it. Don't wait for a special day, don't look for a formal moment - as often as you feel it, tell them, right then and there - here and now. :)

I'd give 34898 +1s to that post, to every single word :wub:

I agree the studio version is "over-produced", I prefer the live one too :)

My video:

(Please ignore my voice right after the speech :P)

yup, why not? I don't like these slow songs on every wedding, I want a rock'n'roll wedding :lol: but besides that I don't really wanna marry

Smart girl :eyebrow:

Smart girl :eyebrow:

haha thank you...me and smart...I think these are two words that don't fit togehter :lol:

I WAS THERE!!! :wub:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

This would have been great on American Idiot

John Roecker quoted as saying

11. WHEN IT'S TIME (The Original Broadway Cast Recording "American Idiot" featuring Green Day, 2010)
“I love this song. In my film, you can see when Billie Joe plays it for the first for [producer] Rob Cavallo. It was originally going to be on American Idiot, but it didn’t make it. I was so livid, because it was such a great song and it fit. I said, ‘That has to be on the album’, but I guess I didn’t force it. I guess I had no power there!”

When It's Time was my brother and his wife's first dance at their wedding. It was awesome :)

When It's Time was my brother and his wife's first dance at their wedding. It was awesome :)

They cleared copied off of me. :P  

They cleared copied off of me. :P  

Haha, clearly. What year did you get married and did you wear Chucks for the dance?

Haha, clearly. What year did you get married and did you wear Chucks for the dance?

May 10, 2014... but no Chucks... glittery heels for me! ;) 

May 10, 2014... but no Chucks... glittery heels for me! ;) 

Haha, my brother got married on June 12, 2010, so...I think we've figured out who the real thief is here ;)

PS, someday my wedding dance will either be When It's Time, Last Night On Earth, The Forgotten or Poprocks and Coke :) The DJ will at some point play Fuck Time, Church On Sunday, Fell For You and She's A Rebel...I better end up marrying a Green Day fan or this is going to be hard to swing :)

Archived