Your Self-Made Band Merch

HeißblütigerPinguin

oh yeah! totally forgot about these:

I didnt make Snoo's, Balducci of Captain Underpants masks (though I did paint it yellow), and mum knitted Fink for me:

%7Boption%7Dhttp://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs140.snc4/37337_1464678971370_1065363561_1949028_5374621_n.jpg[/img

not so much band merch OR Green Day, but I say it counts so xP

the band highly enjoyed them, too.

That is just WIN. Really awesome! :D

So here they are. it was my first try ever on fabric. I've only done hard objects before. (sorry about the boob shots)

first one i made. Meh, it was alright. Picture gets kind of streched when i put i on.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss305/Legreblog/SDC12518.jpg?t=1286033637[/img

second one i like better. I like to keep things simple

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss305/Legreblog/SDC12511.jpg?t=1286033635[/img

last one. my converse. I'll probably add more stuff to them later.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss305/Legreblog/SDC12519.jpg?t=1286033649[/img

Those are great! Especially the shoe one. I've been thinking about painting Green Day related things on my converse for some time.. I should get acrylic paint now :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made this tshirt a while ago but I washed it on the wrong programme a couple weeks ago & it got all fucked up :(

i used fabric paint markers to make a pair of green day converse when i was 15.

sorry for the poor quality photo.

it was a camera phone.

and they are really old and dirty.

XD

converse.jpg

i also made a kerplunk pillowcase that i don't have anymore.

and three tshirts that i gave to my little sister.

it's so awesome when i see her in a kerplunk tshirt or adeline records tshirt.

haha.

That looks Really time consuming, but Awesome!!

Okay, here's my pair of Converse that I mentioned earlier:

img1454n.jpg

img1450ms.jpg

I made the lettering and logo with a stencil and it's painted with acrylic paint. :)

Now i know what im going to do with my old black converse, thanks!

62921_156836851004471_100000344708995_359410_2306545_n.jpg

I made this strange wall mount thing for my pair of Tre's Signature drum sticks.

That looks Really time consuming, but Awesome!!

Now i know what im going to do with my old black converse, thanks!

I really don't want to be annoying and trying to do the mods job or whatnot, but you're not supposed to quote image tags. it makes the page huge and laggy :(

But other than that, I agree with you. those shirts look freaking awesome :)

I really don't want to be annoying and trying to do the mods job or whatnot, but you're not supposed to quote image tags. it makes the page huge and laggy :(

But other than that, I agree with you. those shirts look freaking awesome :)

Sorry didnt realize i did that...

• 2 weeks later...

I said earlier that my Mum was making the Rev, well here it is! :D

65976_440804540847_667820847_5752571_2581671_n.jpg

He was going to be blonde but it was too tricky and we didn't have the right wool.

omg then you'd even have the dark roots thing going on! :woot:

I made the lettering and logo with a stencil and it's painted with acrylic paint. :)

First of all: Amazing what you've all done!

How did you do the stencil? Sorry, if it's astupid question, but if I do personalize my converse, then I kinda only have one shot, and I don't want to ruin it.

hahahahah thats awsome. you could bleach the wool! :woot:

mum tried that, but for some reason it did nothing, it was weird :/ haha.

i've always wanted a nimrod shirt, and then i lost one in an auction on ebay :cry: so i said "fuck it" and made my own in acrylic paint.

front. a little wrinkled 'cause it was lying on the floor. :lol:

SDC12526.jpg?t=1287852917

back

SDC12527.jpg?t=1287852918

First of all: Amazing what you've all done!

How did you do the stencil? Sorry, if it's a stupid question, but if I do personalize my converse, then I kinda only have one shot, and I don't want to ruin it.

Thanks! :aww: Naw, it's not a stupid question. I made the stencil out of like this weird hard plastic that's a stencil material that you can buy at craft stores (I forget the name\brand of it) It comes as sheets, like paper but it's plastic. And I just print or draw out what I want to make a stencil of on normal paper, lay the plastic over top to trace it with Sharpies, and then the best thing to cut it out with is an Exacto knife. The one I use is kind of like a metal stick with the blade at the end so it's really easy to use. :) So when all my stencils were made, I stapled them onto my Converse and used really fine brushes and toothpicks to paint them. It was a pain in the butt to staple the stencils onto my shoes and remove them, but was the best way to make sure that it stayed in place and was even.

Well, you could always practice the stencil on like some scrap fabric or something if you're afraid that you might mess up.

i've always wanted a nimrod shirt, and then i lost one in an auction on ebay :cry: so i said "fuck it" and made my own in acrylic paint.

front. a little wrinkled 'cause it was lying on the floor. :lol:

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss305/Legreblog/SDC12526.jpg?t=1287852917[/img

back

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss305/Legreblog/SDC12527.jpg?t=1287852918[/img

I like it! You did a great job painting that on your shirt :happy:

I often made my-self merch band...I made some tees of the rabble, sex pistols, ramones...also a shirt that I love *-*

if I'll time I'll post pics^^

anyway, use all your personal creativity 'cause it's awesome wear yourself creations after you worked hard on them...try to nto follow bands fonts or drownings....get lyrics, words ora what you lin to that band and just let your mind go ^^

Hey, since I don't really like Green Day's Merch, I wanted to do my own T-Shirt, and thought that you guys could be my inspiration :D

So if you've made yourself some Merch, you can show here.

Here's a design that saraHsunshine and I came up with (printed by a contact of Abbey has in Warrenton, Virginia). We sold about 20 of them and sent three to the band. :)

T-Shirt_White_MJF_Final.jpg

I painted on my black high tops the Heart Hand grenade symbol...but the one day i wore them it rained and they got really really dirty so i cant put a pic up cuz you cant see it well

thank you :) it took for ever. haha

It was definitely worth the effort though, that shirt looks really great! :)

Svän and I designed this for the wembley concert last year and I think we sold around 55. :happy:

ohlookitsgreen.png

That's cool, especially the "ya know" part.

Archived