Your Self-Made Band Merch

HeißblütigerPinguin

Hey, since I don't really like Green Day's Merch, I wanted to do my own T-Shirt, and thought that you guys could be my inspiration :D

So if you've made yourself some Merch, you can show here.

P.S.: not only Green Day, if you have some other selfmade band merch please show them too. Because I'm thinking of a Clash or Foo Fighters Shirt as well.

P.P.S.: I really hope, there isn't a topic like this already. I know there have been topics by people who wanted to show the merch they produce and sell, but thats not really what I mean.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't make a t-shirt but a school-bag in Green Day style

Photo?

I know we have a merch. thread, but I don't think we have a self-made area. if we do it must be buried.

I've made some shirts and things. The images are sorta big, so I put it in spoiler to keep things neat

GreenDay_Jacket__21CB_by_ParadoxAndPlaid.jpg

Static_Age_T_shirt_by_ParadoxAndPlaid.jpg

The_Frustrators_shirt_by_ParadoxAndPlaid.jpg

They're pretty fun to make. Although making the stencil for the 21CB logo for the jacket was really annoying. It's worth it to have unique merch.

I know we have a merch. thread, but I don't think we have a self-made area. if we do it must be buried.

I've made some shirts and things. The images are sorta big, so I put it in spoiler to keep things neat

They're pretty fun to make. Although making the stencil for the 21CB logo for the jacket was really annoying. It's worth it to have unique merch.

love it!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I painted my friend a class of 13 t-shirt and then painted myself a pair of tall green day converse! :)

what paint do people use? acrylic?

That's what I use anyway cos it doesn't really come off and looks best :)

That's awesome! How did you do it exactly?

what paint do people use? acrylic?

That's awesome! How did you do it exactly?

First I think out the layout of whatever I'm making, what size will the design need to be, what colors, etc.

I make stencils on thick card stock paper, sketch them out for simple deigns, or print them for more detailed/difficult ones.

I use a retractable exacto knife to cut the designs, a box cutter works too but doesn't' handle as easily. I aways have an extra copy of the design in case I mess up.

I usually pick up old t-shirts at the thrift store and alter them to be more form fitting and interesting -or just get some shirts at the craft store if you can spend an extra few dollars.- Check out Thread-Bangers, they have tons of ideas for T-shirt alterations.

Then I use acyclic paints to stencil on the shirts. I usually do about 3 coats so it'll hold up better in the wash. You can use fabric paints or silk screening paints and get the same results. But they cost more and I'm a cheapskate. :thumbsup: Make sure you put something in the middle of the shirt you're working on. -cardboard works- Almost any paint you use will bleed though, especially on cottons.

Looks great. I'd love to have selfmade t-shirts, too, but I think I'm just too chaotic to make it the right way... :unsure:

i made these for the recent summer tour. its a cartoon of the guys with stuff at a picnic. its a patch sewn onto a visor.

visor.jpg

i made these for the recent summer tour. its a cartoon of the guys with stuff at a picnic. its a patch sewn onto a visor.

That's pretty cool!! :thumbsup:

These are cool! Someone I know buys patches and puts them on t-shirts and hoodies and stuff. They were thinking about trying to sell some on ebay-but does anybody stuff like that?

First I think out the layout of whatever I'm making, what size will the design need to be, what colors, etc.

I make stencils on thick card stock paper, sketch them out for simple deigns, or print them for more detailed/difficult ones.

I use a retractable exacto knife to cut the designs, a box cutter works too but doesn't' handle as easily. I aways have an extra copy of the design in case I mess up.

I usually pick up old t-shirts at the thrift store and alter them to be more form fitting and interesting -or just get some shirts at the craft store if you can spend an extra few dollars.- Check out Thread-Bangers, they have tons of ideas for T-shirt alterations.

Then I use acyclic paints to stencil on the shirts. I usually do about 3 coats so it'll hold up better in the wash. You can use fabric paints or silk screening paints and get the same results. But they cost more and I'm a cheapskate. :thumbsup: Make sure you put something in the middle of the shirt you're working on. -cardboard works- Almost any paint you use will bleed though, especially on cottons.

Thanks for the Thread-Bangers Link, I don't understand it all, since I'm not a native speaker, but I will try to find a right thread tomorrow.

oh god, I had this idea that I would make one of those shirts that Billie wears for the 21stCB tour - the black/grey/red ones with all those patches.

But I couldn't.

I really want one though.

Those are nice !! (:

oh god, I had this idea that I would make one of those shirts that Billie wears for the 21stCB tour - the black/grey/red ones with all those patches.

But I couldn't.

I really want one though.

I really want to make a red one :wub: but I don't know how xD

I've put GD accessories on my work bag, I also made this sweat band using a glove and I knitted 'Green Day' on it and put little stars around it :D

Archived