Verse Before Solo in 'Why Do You Want Him?'

djrossstar

I asked Billie Joe once what he said at the end of Reject, which I thought was 'say it again boy', and he didn't know what song Reject was. Asked me to sing it for him. And then goes, 'I'm pretty sure I say nothing.' I just made it up.

Did you ask him that on tv/radio? I'm sure I've heard this before, it really rings a bell :lol:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked him this in private, but my friend Chad asked him again at the New York Times Q&A.

I guess it's a question that may never be answered ...

I asked Billie Joe once what he said at the end of Reject, which I thought was 'say it again boy', and he didn't know what song Reject was. Asked me to sing it for him. And then goes, 'I'm pretty sure I say nothing.' I just made it up.

Oh my gosh. hahaha. He just gives birth to them, actually squeezes them out and doesn't care about their name :lol:

I asked him this in private, but my friend Chad asked him again at the New York Times Q&A.

I guess it's a question that may never be answered ...

Makes sense, that's where I heard it :)

You find a way out

to throw it all away

but You're too damn proud,

you got nothing to say

i think the last post is right, except it's you've got something to say.

My expert in mishearing lyrics ears hear

You'll find a way out

To throw it all away. Well, I hear "Don't throw it all away", but that would be the opposite of what the song is trying to say

(I can't make anything that makes sense out of this... 'You're this damn bound' is what I hear, but that doesn't really make sense... well it does sort of make sense (or at least, in my mind that occasionally makes up English words and their meanings, it makes some sense) but I don't think it's the lyrics.

You got something to say

I underlined the actual lyrics since I can't simply put down what I hear :lol:

Just wanted to tell you this ... I adore you :wub:! Please don't stop just putting your thoughts out here. They always make sense to me. Your English is SO good - I don't know why you're always implying that it's not.

The "but you can bet" part just sounds all wrong to me. I don't hear that at all, but it is what the lyric sites say. But those are often wrong.

Funny thing about this song.... For the longest time I thought the chorus was "why do I hate him?" Not putting two and two together that the name of the song is "why do you want him"

BJ has a way of making words sound odd......

"Why do I hate him?" That's great, because really it's exactly what the song is about. But it's also funny, because of the way you expressed it ... realizing the name of the song :).

And, it's true that Billie does have some odd quirks in his pronunciation - especially when he's singing. But that keeps life interesting for us, right?

J'Net, I adore you and your kindness. :wub: I have nothing to add to this topic because I'm really bad at hearing lyrics. My overactive imagination tricks me into thinking Billie's saying one thing when he's actually saying another. Sorry guys!

EDIT: Alright, I gave it a shot.

I find a way out

You throw it all away

You're too damn proud

Got somethin' to say

But, I'm kinda bad at this.

Just wanted to tell you this ... I adore you :wub:! Please don't stop just putting your thoughts out here. They always make sense to me. Your English is SO good - I don't know why you're always implying that it's not.

Um, wooh, haha, thank you, J'net! :wub:

I hear

find a way out

you'll throw it all away

you're too damn proud

you've got something to saaaaay?

Wait, I don't get what you mean here. :lol: You're saying you asked Billie what he said at the end of Reject, and you sang it for him to spark his memory, and then he replied, 'I'm pretty sure I say nothing', but then which one of you said 'I just made it up', and why?

I apologise, I'm probably either overanalyizing this/overlooking something obvious about it, haha. :wacko:

Lyrics websites make up their own lyrics. I wouldn't trust that.

Your suggestions sounds like it, but so do mind. We can hear whatever we wanna believe!

He didn't know what song Reject was.

Oh dear lord Billie.

He didn't know what song Reject was.

Oh dear lord Billie.

Someone's becoming an old man with bad memory :lol:

"Why do I hate him?" That's great, because really it's exactly what the song is about. But it's also funny, because of the way you expressed it ... realizing the name of the song :).

And, it's true that Billie does have some odd quirks in his pronunciation - especially when he's singing. But that keeps life interesting for us, right?

I know! That's why it always seemed to make complete sense to me :lol:

lol why didn't you just post this in the music thread where you could find the album and then ask about this song

I think it goes:

You find a way out...

To throw it all the way!

But you can bet...

You've got something to say!

I'm not sure, tho. I searched the lyrics the first time I heard the song and that's how I've sung it since then :P

Archived