Best hand job ever!

unabrasiveadhesive

I'm pretty sure security is hired by the venue, so you'd only get to see green day once in the blue moon that they go on tour and hit your city. Also you'd spend all of it with your back to the stage, and you wouldn't even be allowed to dance or anything

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was very concerned when I read the thread title. :mellow:

No, but really. I don't think I would want to be security. Wouldn't be able to watch the show.

The security people at all the Green Day gigs this year were really nice!! I asked one of the guys in Glasgow if he liked Green Day and he said yeah and that he is allowed to turn around and watch them if he really wanted to and he gave me half his Milky Way, he was nice!!

I'm sure being a security guard isnt all that great. My dad used to work for a venue in Detroit, a long time ago, but he hated it. But I guess its up to the individual some may love it, and some hate it, but I dont think its the best job to be close to concerts and stuff.

and very misleading title, I was like "wtf?" :happy:

I loved one of the guards in Ireland, he was really old and really butch, and while I kept his back to the stage the whole time, he was singing along to every song. He watched Minority though, and when the confetti was jizzing out he scooped up a huuuuuge handful off the ground and stuffed it into his pocket :lol:

My friend works security at a venue and he says it is a great but terrible job at times. He works at a small club and NOFX played there a few months ago, shit hit the fan and he was busy ALL night. His boss paid for the security's bar tab after that shift :)

Well thats nofx for you , there always act like they're drunk or high.

I completely thought this thread was going to be about something else :happy:

However, I wouldn't mind being a roadie for the band, or just getting coffee.. Think about it. Sure when they go on tour they go all out and its months on end, but you get to see the world and get paid for it. The hours wouldn't be that terrible (if you are more of a night owl) and you get to go on planes a lot. :)

• 2 months later...

Yeah that's Eddie. He's Billie's bodyguard and the Security Director.

Someone told me his name was Frank but it's Eddie?

I doubt that all the security guys are excited for every show to start. I wouldn't want to this my whole life.

I completely misinterpreted the title of this thread :lol:

As regards working, yes it would be a cool job but as many people have said, it does involve being away from your family for a long time. But you get to see the world and have (I am guessing) a pretty good paycheck. I guess the pros and cons balance each other out

I want to be their shrink, then we could talk about their darkest secrets :shifty:

Maybe they don't even like Green Day. :sleep:

I completely misinterpreted the title of this thread :lol:

So did I. o.O

I met a bunch of Green Days roadies at the Dallas show while I was waiting by the buses. They were all sitting on the ground outside their bus drinking so a few of us went up and asked them who they were. They told us they were a skydiving group known as the Jumpers for Jesus. :D we talked to them for a little while, they were pretty cool guys. Seems like a cool gig.

Oh my god, the title. I just couldn't. I thought it was one of Billie's new tweets or something.

The title :lol:

Anyway, my dad occasionally does security work, normally at festivals and outdoor gigs, and he says it's a really tough job, and very physically demanding, just think of the strength needed to pull a person of average weight out of a crowd with the forced of 1000+people pushing behind, for him and the other security gaurds it's fairly easy because they're so used to it.(although my dad says there is always a fat one who passes out and needs like 3 gaurds to pull themselves out :lol::rolleyes: ) And also, they have to do that type of physical exertion in a sweltering hot venue, next time you're up near the front at a gig, watch the security gaurds before the bands come on, they're nearly always drinking fizzy drinks and eating sweets to keep their sugar levels up(One of the plus sides of the job :P )

But yeah, they have a very important job, they keep us safe, and at times, they have peoples lives in their hands, so I wouldn't really see being a security gaurd for Green Day as the best job in the world, rewarding definitely but not something I would consider =/

Becoming their personal masseuse on the other hand...

While Green Day does have some dedicated security... Most security guards at venues work for the venue or a local security agency, So it's not like they get to travel for the tour.

I don't think they travell along with them??

I dunno... 'cause I got a friend who's such a security guy and he gets at concerts and stuff..but well in his city.. he's like in an agency and gets send to different events.. sometimes he meets the bandmembers but not like a personal security guard... also...he's always standing with his back to the show =/

Can't say I'd enjoy being a security guard at all - not that I'd ever be able to as I'm weak and small - I've heard way too many horror stories from my Dad. He quit security after doing a Motorhead gig where half the guys in the front were on acid and kept trying to climb up the six foot stage. Loads of them broke arms/legs and one guy climbed up but he got kicked off and dislocated both ankles, then he escaped from the ambulance and tried to run backstage...didn't get too far apparently. :ermm:

So yeah Green Day or not, no security jobs for me :lol:

Hm, I wouldn't want to be facing the audience the whole time though.

I'd much rather be facing Green Day! :happy:

And I wouldn't want to deal with crowd surfers for hours. :P

Who changed the thread title? I love you. :wub:

Not many bands have security that travels with them, they use the people hired by each venue. Green Day does have a team of body guards -who are really nice guys!- but I don't think they have a full security team, not that I have ever seen anyway. The venue security is who you usually see behind the barricade watching over the audience. Their personal body guards are usually watching from the wings of the stage or nearby.

I don't think being security would be that good of a job. I imagine they have to sit through some really awful shows, it's not like good bads preforms every night. There is no way they like every concert that come through town. They also probably put up with some really awful people on occasions. There are plenty of bands and musicians that are known for having a really rude and rowdy fan base.

my brothers friend is a photographer and he has been to lots of rock concerts to take pictures for some company he works part time for. he is really lucky because he has met some famous people, and he gets paid (a lot of money) to take photos at concerts. although he doesn't do it full time, its still an awesome job. :)

Archived