edit: ops, late

Just awesome!!

The moment Billie gives her the guitar made me go all awwww :wub:

wow. her energy was amazing.

i really enjoyed watching her.

i wish i was her :)

haha.

yeah gosh!

Could be that they want the guitar back, more bands wants to get it back after the show, but idk if this is the same of course.

Ahhh no, that is too dickish...

Btw.. I think Billie felt happy 'cause he found someone smaller than him :whistle

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was kind of weird that he was not using Blue for Longview too... I think he had it in his mind to give it away, but idk. She did do really awesome! :thumbsup:

Billie was using Blue for Longview, he changed his guitar over when he knew he had something special on stage haha.

And it isnt unusual for Billie to give guitars away, usual they are cheap shitty Epiphones or Squires, and Im guessing that Telecaster was a Fender. So she is VERY luckey.

Billie was using Blue for Longview, he changed his guitar over when he knew he had something special on stage haha.

And it isnt unusual for Billie to give guitars away, usual they are cheap shitty Epiphones or Squires, and Im guessing that Telecaster was a Fender. So she is VERY luckey.

Nah, he had the Telecaster the entire time, even before he started looking for a singer.

That guitar wasn't just a Fender, it was a Custom Shop Telecaster. I saw the stamp on the back of the headstock in one of the huge pictures that Ingrid took at an earlier show of Billie playing that guitar. I thought she did an awesome job, she had a great ending where she dropped. So yeah, that's a really amazing gift.

Have they let anybody else sing Longview entirely by themselves, or is she the only one?

Oh and maybe somebody else is looking for her, but they tried contacting her through the ticket distributor. Which doesn't really make a lot of sense, but maybe it's a crazy foreign investor who has nothing to do with their money and they want to buy that guitar. Or maybe it's just a radio station, looking to interview her.

Isn't Bill Schneider their tour manager and instrument tech??? If it's not Bill, than is it Chris?

No, he's more like their wrangler manager, lol. Takes care of everyday stuff now, not really instruments anymore, I think. Netty mentioned what he does earlier. I think a guy named Doug is their tour manager.

Ooh, very cool for her! She knows how to work the crowd!

I highly doubt that they wouldn't have gotten that guitar back before she left the security area if they wanted it back.

I very much doubt it is them wanting to find her but I`ve asked. I`ll see if they know anything about it. but to suggest they might want the guitar back?? come on guys...thats just silly!

ony other thing I can think of is that she maybe didnt understand properly she was being given it and left it there. maybe. have to see what I am told.

She didnt leave it because when the show finished I stayed for a while in front of the stage and I saw her with the guitar and the security guys inside the "private" part of the stadium, aftershow, I guess.

I guess you had to be there. :)

DAMNIT, why wasn't I there. :unsure:

yep I was there :)

I think they want her for an interview or something...

Surely they're not going to take the guitar back!!

And who the fuck is Bill Schneider???

a damn cool guy :P

maybe some french magazine is making an article or a review of the concert and they want to interview melissa, to quote her so as to put it beside her picture with green day on stage.

"it was surreal!" gaahh

Someone on the French Green Day forum said he/she found Melissa on facebook and she got the news! Now I really want to know why they're looking for her!!

Someone on the French Green Day forum said he/she found Melissa on facebook and she got the news! Now I really want to know why they're looking for her!!

yeee. keep us updated :)

Oh, that's good. Thanks for the updates :)

Gotta love this new age of Technology AKA Facebook for certain reasons. :happy:

Awesome :woot:

I hope we'll get to know what they wanted

This whole thing is actually super exciting to me, for some reason, haha. I can't wait to hear what happens next!

Wow :) I hope she realises how valuable that guitar is right now, and will be so much more so in years to come, although her own sentimental value is infinite compared to money.

So look out for it on ebay :ninja::lol: I hope not though :mellow:

Sort of unrelated but anyone know what happened to that girl in China who got one of Billie's acoustics?

Kryssi> greendayparadise.net ;)

I've got some news!

One of her friends wrote on the French forum, and she told her story on her facebook:

A la fin, un technicien ma emmené avec lui dans les loges de la scène et ma pris en photo avec la guitare, il m’a dit que je devais rester la jusqu'à la fin du show pour la proteger , et qu’ensuite on me donnerai un sac pour la guitare, mais la .. Une femme est venue et ma donnée une housse de guitare Gibson qui viens des Etats-Unis avec l’intérieur en léopard, c’était vraiment inimaginable, trop beau à voir !

J’ai pu regarder la suite du concert sur la scène avec les techniciens et la famille du groupe, j’ai discuté avec tout le monde j’ai rencontré le fils et le neveu de Billie qui a mon âge et qui joue également de la batterie, la petite amie de Tré cool, les autres guitaristes du groupe, le groupe Billy talent, j’étais dans un autre monde.

J’ai pu leur poser pleins de question a chacun d’eux, ils sont vraiment sympa, de vrais blagueurs, j’ai pu voir l’envers du décor comme personne. J’ai remarqué qu’à chaque fin de concert, une poignée de baguettes signé par le batteur sont jetées en l’air (elles n’ont pas été utilisées) et sauf qu’un technicien a voulu me donner les vraies.. Plus 4 mediators du groupe et un programme du concert que personne n’a eu. Deux vigils m’ont raccompagnés jusqu’à ma mère, elle était vraiment surprise ! Mais je pensais pas qu’on allait autant me féliciter, J’ai signé des autographes, j’ai pris des photos avec des fans, une vingtaine de personnes m’ont abordés dans le métro, jme faisais fellicité dans la rue , même ceux qui parlaient pas francais –‘

At the end of the song, I went with a guy backstage, he took a pic of me with the guitar, and told me I could stay here until the rest of the show, to keep the guitar safe. Then I was given a bag for the guitar but.. a women came and gave me this:

gibson-bj-armstrong-case.jpg, coming from the US. It was incredible!!

Then I was able to stay backstage, with the crew and family members, I talked with everyone, I met BJ's son and nephew who is as old as me and who also plays drums; Tré's girlfriend, Billy Talent, it was surreal.

I could ask them tons of questions, they're so nice, and funny. At the end of the show, Tré threw some of his drumsticks and I could take one, + 4 plectrums and a tour programm I'm the only one to have. Two security guards brought me to my mum, she looked so surprise! I didn't think I'd received so much congratulations, I even signed autographs, I took pictures with fans, and people talked to me in the subway, and some people congratulated me in the streets, even non French speakers!

(She's even on Yahoo! France

dw9ief.jpg !)

I keep you informed if I've other updates!

That is amazing. Congrats to the girl!

EDIT: And thank you for translating for us and keeping us updated! Je parle francais un peu. (I bet that was wrong. :D )

Woow! Lucky girl!

and thanks for the update (:

Archived