Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

11 hours ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

I like anger, it gets me all pumped up. Disappointment is just my general attitude towards politics these days, so anger is a nice refreshing feeling.

Can't disagree more.

Anger is not a good emotion, ever.  It is a symptom.  It's the only feeling that almost has no use.  The only use anger has is as a defense mechanism to get you boiled up enough to fight.

Sadness sucks but serves a purpose.  Without sadness, we would have no joy. As Ghilbran said, "Out sorrow is just our joy unmasked" for it is the things that make us most happy that cause us the most pain. (i.e a loved one dying.  It only hurts so bad because of the joy they brought us when they were alive and our missing of them is a direct symptom of our love for them" so sadness and joy go hand in hand.  Anger goes hand in hand with nothing.

Anger leads to fear and hate.  Anger leads to ignorance. Anger leads to violence. Anger leads to the dark side and now you are Darth fucking Vader.  Well at least you're Darth Vader.

I'm angry about your feeling on anger.

8 hours ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

I thought the line "Emergency evacuation protest" from Warning was actually "Practice what you protest" which I almost like better. :P 

So do I.  Way to out write Billie Joe and demystify the whole process for us. ;)

• Like 1

Just now, crock6000 said:

Can't disagree more.

stop feeling angry then!!

I agree in a sense with you that anger is not a primary emotion. It IS useful in its capacity as a secondary emotion though - if you're self-aware enough to be able to suss out the primary emotion driving your anger, you can dispose of the anger and deal with the root of it. But you might not get focused on something being off or wrong unless you get that angry reaction to bring your attention to it in the first place.

• Like 2

On August 4, 2016 at 6:25 PM, Brooklyn Baby said:

stop feeling angry then!!

I agree in a sense with you that anger is not a primary emotion. It IS useful in its capacity as a secondary emotion though - if you're self-aware enough to be able to suss out the primary emotion driving your anger, you can dispose of the anger and deal with the root of it. But you might not get focused on something being off or wrong unless you get that angry reaction to bring your attention to it in the first place.

WELL SAID! Are you a abnormal psychology or psychiatry major or something?

56 minutes ago, crock6000 said:

WELL SAID! Are you a abnormal psychology or psychiatry major or something?

Nope, just went through a lot of therapy for awhile :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Nope, just went through a lot of therapy for awhile :P

we are the retarded and the broken hearted 

• Like 3

On Friday, August 05, 2016 at 0:05 AM, Maid Meringue said:

"My wallet's fat and so is my Aunt" :lol:

that literally will never change for me.

This one.  LMAO! :lol: 

Considering how mumbly Billie can be sometimes there may be some misheard lyrics on the new record too.

• Like 1

"I cant't see Billie in the video" (I can't see a thing in the video - Static Age)

Obvious obsession fail :P 

I thought "the leading man in my own private drama" was actually "the little man in my own private drama".

Guess they shouldn't have hired me to edit that official lyrics video ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, madafaka said:

I thought "the leading man in my own private drama" was actually "the little man in my own private drama".

Guess they shouldn't have hired me to edit that official lyrics video ;)

First misheard lyric of the new album! Congrats to you :D 

• Like 1

In Bang Bang I thought "Shoot me up to entertain' was "Shoot me I'll do anything,"

then the line " I want to be a celebrity martyr" sounded like "I want to be a celebrity model."

• Like 4

On 12.8.2016 at 1:20 AM, Killsometime said:

In Bang Bang I thought "Shoot me up to entertain' was "Shoot me I'll do anything,"

then the line " I want to be a celebrity martyr" sounded like "I want to be a celebrity model."

Yes, the celebrity model... I always sing it now because I can't get it out of my head...

People always are like !´"its celebrity martyr!" but hey... 

I like my version tho, it fits with the latest Green Day Photoshoot Pictures and Billie's "model pose" xD

In Bang Bang, instead of "You're dead! I'm well fed!" I keep hearing: "You're dead! Hall of fame!" -Listen closely and you'll hear it. 

Other lyrics that have probably been mentioned here before that I always mishear: 
- Whatsername: "She went away and then I took a different BATH"
- Panic Song: "Torn out of reality, Into a state of no opinion, Live with AIDS"
- (Before I looked up the lyrics) Peacemaker: "Well now they can't take us, they oughta take us, So, I'm gonna go out and get A peacemaker"
- Bab's Uvula Who: "I GOT A KNIFE  FOR FUCKING EVERYTHING UP" and then literally no fucking clue for anything said in the chorus except "...and I'm all wound up"

Edited by LiamSmiffyBoi
  • Like 1

Sometimes  I think that during "Westbound Sign" he's saying "take it offffff, take it offff"

Kill the DJ:
"the pool optometrists were running, running red"
"time to make a martyr in the century of thrills"

I realized about 2 minutes ago that these are probably not the lyrics :lol:

6 hours ago, LiamSmiffyBoi said:

So, I'm gonna go out and get A peacemaker"

Wait, so it's not A peacemaker?
I thought by saying "go and get a peacemaker" it meant that they were going to grab a gun.

On 8/11/2016 at 10:43 PM, Juls said:

In Bang Bang I keep hearing "viva la guerra" instead of "viva vendetta"

I keep hearing "v for vendetta"

4 hours ago, Maid Meringue said:

Wait, so it's not A peacemaker?
I thought by saying "go and get a peacemaker" it meant that they were going to grab a gun.

I just looked in the album booklet and it says "go and get the peacemaker". Still means the same thing but what??? However I then listened to it and I'm certain he actually does say "get a peacemaker" and it's just wrong in the booklet.

On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 9:20 AM, Killsometime said:

Holy shit, I cannot unhear this.. lol.

I always thought that Having A Blast's chorus was "To me it's not dead" but I checked the lyrics a couple of months ago and it's actually "To me it's nothing"

Also it took me a while to actually hear the "Viva vendetta" on Bang Bang. But I still have the feeling that I don't actually hear vendetta, that I'm forcing myself to hear it. It's weird :P

In Bang Bang I always hear "Oh baby bay this is Viva Vendetta, or this is World War...World war zero!" instead of "for this is love, it's World War Zero!" :D 

• Like 1

On August 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Killsometime said:

Wow.  This one sort of freaks me out a little and sounds prophetic.  Yikes! 

From Macy's Day parade:

''With a credit report for duty call'' = with a credit report for Judy Carr