Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I thought the line "Your screams and cries are never going to work" was actually "Like a bird going to work..." and I imagine a pigeon with a Fedora going to take a dump on Peter Griffin's car :P When you listen to 409, I swear I hear it that way every time :lol:

• Like 1

I always thought it was "wiping matches from her eyes". I like nachos better.

I hear matches. Had to look up the lyrics because of your post.

• Like 1

I always thought it was "wiping matches from her eyes". I like nachos better.

I hear matches. Had to look up the lyrics because of your post.

It actually does sound like matches as well

• Like 1

I just thought of another one. In Dry Ice I always thought that Billie keeps saying, "she is the pain that's in dry ice" which actually makes a lot of sense :P

• Like 1

Minor one but in panic song i heard "The world is a sick machine breeding a massive shit" instead of "The world is a sick machine breeding a mass of shit"

• Like 1

Whenever I listen to Murder City, I hear "It's really none of her own business." instead of "It's written all over our faces" :lol:

Whenever I listen to Give Me Novacaine I unterstand "Jimmy says it's better than air" instead of "Jimmy sais it's better than here"

Minority - "She scream under me" instead of "she screamed unto me"

When I Come Around - "So don't do what you like" instead of "So go do what you like"

Hitchin A Ride - "Hey Mr. where you headed, are you read the lyrics" (I know, fucking unlogic) instead of "Hey Mr. where you headed, are you in a hurry"

Brain Stew - "And still I dry" instead of "And still I try"

• Like 2

I thought Rusty James said "your heart can't even radiate when it doesn't even pound" instead of "break".

• Like 2

I thought Rusty James said "your heart can't even radiate when it doesn't even pound" instead of "break".

Same

• Like 2

Since we are on Static Age, I always thought "I can't see a thing in the video" was "I can't see me in the video"

• 2 weeks later...

When I was listening to King For a Day, I thought "G.I Joe in panty hose" was "Billie Joe in panty hose"

I like the thought of that, if you know what I mean :eyebrows:

When I first heard American Idiot I thought the lyric was "All across the alien nation" at first. Then I thought it was "All across the idiot nation" and then I found out it was "All across the alienation". I was kinda right the first time though lol

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the lyric in wow that's loud was "you'll go gay with flowers in the dirt."

Just found out he says "your bouquet"

Wtf ha

• Like 4

When I was listening to King For a Day, I thought "G.I Joe in panty hose" was "Billie Joe in panty hose"

And until I looked it up and while ago, I thought it was "G.I Joe and Planet-O's"

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I listen to Give Me Novacaine I unterstand "Jimmy says it's better than air" instead of "Jimmy sais it's better than here"

Minority - "She scream under me" instead of "she screamed unto me"

When I Come Around - "So don't do what you like" instead of "So go do what you like"

Hitchin A Ride - "Hey Mr. where you headed, are you read the lyrics" (I know, fucking unlogic) instead of "Hey Mr. where you headed, are you in a hurry"

Brain Stew - "And still I dry" instead of "And still I try"

Youre dumb.

I'm learning real english for only 1 and a half year, the rest of the 3 years english lessons was wasted time because of unable, stupid teachers. I understand english (as long as you don't speak to fast), but understanding songs is much more difficult if I don't know the lyrics. Sometimes when I listen to a song I'ver never heard I understand every single word, sometimes I just understand a few parts or totally shit and then, after I read the lyrics, I laugh and wonder about myself how I could understand something like that :P

Don't worry, this thread is 83 pages long so you're definitely not the only one who mishears lyrics :lol:

• Like 4

LOL Okay, I have a really interesting one. In When I Come Around, my mom (been a Green Day fan since like '93) has always sang "so don't knock down my door" as "sell donuts at my door". I get into arguments with her everyday about it, and she vehemently believes that is the actual lyric. She actually believes BJA says "sell donuts at my door". There's no convincing her. At this point I just think she's trolling me.

Also one that makes me laugh everytime, in Horseshoes and Handgrenades I always hear "Homophobia only really counts" instead of "Almost only really counts"

Oh, and just a general thing, please don't tell me I'm the only one that has to listen to most GD songs from 1995 and earlier really closely tp hear the lyrics properly? Its mostly a 1039 smoothed out Slappy Hours and Insomniac thing, but still. It troubles me.

Since we are on Static Age, I always thought "I can't see a thing in the video" was "I can't see me in the video"

Up until I read your comment, I always thought it was "I can't see a thing on the radio". Which thinking now, is really stupid haha.

Edited by Tre_Archer
  • Like 2

I'm learning real english for only 1 and a half year, the rest of the 3 years english lessons was wasted time because of unable, stupid teachers. I understand english (as long as you don't speak to fast), but understanding songs is much more difficult if I don't know the lyrics. Sometimes when I listen to a song I'ver never heard I understand every single word, sometimes I just understand a few parts or totally shit and then, after I read the lyrics, I laugh and wonder about myself how I could understand something like that :P

No Im not judging your english, its not my mother language either. But you wrote a stuff just to post something.

But you wrote a stuff just to post something.

I still don't get your point. It's a thread to post the lyrics you misheard and I did it.

• Like 3

No Im not judging your english, its not my mother language either. But you wrote a stuff just to post something.

She did not. She posted lyrics she misinterpreted, which is what this thread is for.