Hold On!

J'net

good song but i have never really gotten into it

ya same.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is such a great song musically, I love singing along to it and I love the wonderful harmonica :woot:, and the stompy instrumental part makes me want to march along in time to it.

"You gotta hold on, hold in to yourself" is a beautifully simple piece of advice, it's such a hopeful message and it's so true. It's an uplifting song to listen to.

Oh yeah also, I absolutely love how he sings "a cry of hope", and then there's LITERALLY a cry of hope in the background :lol:. A little touch like that is just Green Day all over.

wow, I've just realised how underplayed this is on my iPod :lol: i really should listen to it more, it's darn awesome :happy:

At last!!! I have been voting for this song every single week! Thanks J'net!!

I reckon it is up there with my very favourite GD songs! It is such a simple song but has a great message. and always makes me smile!

Everytime it comes on, I just have to turn it up. And I love it when I am driving and this song comes on!! :wub: :wub:

and the stompy instrumental part makes me want to march along in time to it.

Glad it's not just me! :lol:

Woohoo, finally Hold On is the song of the week! Thanks J'net, now I won't have to continue voting for it every week :)

I love this song, great to sing along, and it has a great (little) message. I love the album it's on even more. Warning :wub:

You gotta hold on, Hold on to yourself.. (:

Not my fave from warning but i still like it, and my mate like to hold her boobs on the "hold on to yourself" bit, yeah shes a bit...strange :lol:

OMFG!!! I love this song!!

I love every single word that composes this song!

I can't comment it...'cause whatever I could say about it would be only reductive...

It's too much special for me to explain with words..the only thing that counts are the emotions that it gives me! :wub:

Yes! I agree. I feel like what I was saying or anything I could say about this song (and a lot of others) is reductive to it.

"the sound in my ear

the will to persevere

as I reach the break of day."

" When you lost all hope and excuses

and the cheapskates & the losers

Nothing's left to cling onto

you gotta hold on

Hold on to yourself "

I love this song :wub: I love its positive message.. makes me happy :)

I also love the music, I love the harmonica and its very different from any other green day song :)

ahh I love warning! :wub:

I love this song!!! I love the lyrics. It sounds like The Beatles. When I hear the harmonica, I want to start singing "I Should Have Known Better" by the Beatles. The lyrics to the two songs have nothing in common, but the tunes and the harmonica are very similar.

It's such a great, feel good song and yes, the influences of The Beatles' I Should Have Known Better are so strong. And I love it when Mike yells 'hope!' - it's like in Longview when he calls out 'what you will; - a little Green Day in-joke that the faithful always scream out at a concert.

Warning is a great album with some real killer tracks on it - I am always amazed that it is one of the lowest in terms of sales figures.

Hold on is such a positive song with a great message...I love it :happy: It always makes me want to sing along =)

Warning is so fantastic.

Yes it is :wub:

This song is different from any other GD songs. But I love it. :wub:

When I listen this song, I think of :

-harmonica

-resemblance with Beatles in the beginning

-good message,

-positive meaning - when I have a bad mood, this song usually helps me

Hold on is amazing,same as whole Warning. :wub:

But I don't listen this song often enough :(

I love this song, but I've never really taken the time to properly appreciate it. This recently made my "unfairly-ignored songs" list. I really like how the song is built almost entirely around the acoustic guitar beat.

:woot:

I have been waiting for this! I adore this song sooooo much. Harmonica :wub:

That's a really good choice for song of the week..

I was singing to it myself today.... I really need to keep holding on...

I learned how to play the start of this song on my harmonica. Proud moment that was :lol:

This is a great song. It's definitely one of my favourites from Warning.

As I hold to the break of

day when you lost all hope and excuses...

i like this song.

I don't listen to this song very much, which is a shame because it is a great song. Everytime i pick up my Warning tab book it will be the first song i play, because it's so catchy.

Lovely lyrics. I remember Billie Joe saying in an interview that he wrote Hold On for a friend who had lost 3 of his friends (they passed away) in one year. Could you imagine that?! omg that'd be so horrible :/

i love hold on. it's easy-listening.

is it acoustic until the electric guitar solo?

Archived