Warning

captain peroxide

A vastly underrated album, and criticized  by the critics, what the fuck do they know. Another brilliant album, a prelude to and with at least one song with lyrics that gave us a hint of what was to come.

Wow, just 2-years away 2025 for 25th anniversary. We've had Nimrod 25th box set to set the benchmark for celebration. Now Dookie 30th, and what a collection.

What can we expect in a Warning 25th maybe. More unreleased demos/outtakes, what full live show will they release, and not forgetting more goodies. 

We'll be so busy during 2024 with new album and enjoying world tour, 2025 will come round in no time.

Wait, wait, wait, there's even more. Insomniac will be 28 on the 10th this month, released 1995  and then will be 30 in 2025.  Another anniversary box set? Omg.

• Like 3

Nimrod is the best... there's no discussion, but Warning is my solid second GD favorite album!!

I have so many good memories about this era. Me, being a GD fan, it was 5 or 6 months before Warning's release. This was the first GD album I waited for its release (At that time I just knew Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod). I really enjoyed listening to Minority in the radio the first time. Then I waited for some weeks before this record was available in a local record store in my city. Also, I remember all the times I had the chances to watch Mtv (I have to say I talk about the Latinamerican version of Mtv, I live in Chile so there were a mixture of music from Latinamerican and Anglo artist), waiting for Minority video, the Warning, oh god... WAITING video (It was less popular, so less chances to watch its video), same thing for Macy's Day Parade... you know, no youtube at that time.

I loved the booklet from this record, the band pictures, the cover, the combination of colors, the promotional posters. The Limited Edition is also a MUST HAVE if you like this era. Also, all the TV performances for example GD in Much music Music and Interactive, it was so cool to watch that, or Listen to King's College Gig!! The Tune in Tokyo EP is pure god damn GOLD!! And of course the "Shut the F**k up" moment of Billie in Bizarre Fest was just EPIC!!

Also, I remember once time in which Tré gave a radio interview for the Chilean Radio called "Rock & Pop", saying some stuff like he loved practising Snowboarding and his first girlfriend was Chilean. 

I can speak so many things about this era, I love it. Some tracks at the beggining I didn't like them (Misery, Jackass, Hold on, etc), but now in 2023 the whole album is magnificent, it ages like the finest wine!! I know it wasn't the best time for the band, but it was my first era as a Green Day fan (And I'm so proud about it).

• Like 3

And the bonus track about my Warning era memories:

I remember when I watched a Green Day interview from Japan in 2000. The thing is Billie was speaking and meanwhile he was talking, Tré started to put Sello /Scotch Tape around a chair to stick it... IN A WALL!!

Then, as he realized he couldn't do it, Tré sat down and put the tape around himself and the chair. Finally, when he wanted to stand up, he fell down!!

It was SO HILLARIOUS, I laughed for minutes!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was pumped for Warning. I was a little disappointed with it at the time to be honest. 
a lot of the songs sounded better live than on record.

That sax solo on Jackass has never grown on me.

Green day should realase for the 25th anniversary a live CD with all warniing songs played at that tour... like tune in Tokyo + warning, fashion victim, etc...

• Like 3