Having a Blast!

J'net

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohh I love that part the most too. I think it has the main point of this song, like the sense of helplessness and desperation is just built up in other parts and in this one he just throws it all away (?).

Also, I think they couldn't have chosen better title for it. I don't know why but it always makes me smile when I listen to this song. First, you can take it more literally, refering to an explosion mentioned in the lyrics, but also more ironically. He's obviously not having fun, so it's very sarcastic.

Totally agree! I love that sarcastic dark humour too.

I love this song, it's one of my favourite off Dookie :happy: Haven't listened to it in ages though..

it has to be my favourite off Dookie it was one of those songs that when i first heard it i could relate to it so much it kinda scared me lol :)

Upon seeing this for SOTW, only one thing can describe my face

:woot:

One of my favourites off Dookie. I love it so much! :wub:

Totally random thoughts because I think that works best for me and this song:

Really vivid, intense, troubling images. Having a Blast? Yup. But not the good kind. The dynamite kind. Once again BJA is making the English language his bitch. The overall tone of the song reminds me of high school -- the extreme emotions and then the absolute denial such emotions are legit or that they matter. It's like once you feel, then you have to get rid of those emotions -- and if you can make someone feel as lousy as you, maybe take a few people out (not literally), all the better. Very much like my 16-year-old nephew's FB status updates.

Ultimately, it's my traffic song. Which can be problematic. No tickets, no accidents . . . yet.

But can we talk about that video???? Having just been to a raucous FBHT show, the difference between the two shows is fairly dramatic. 1) That audience probably had more guys that girls in it. The FBHT crowd was probably 2/3 women. 2) Crowd/band interaction. I loved the fact that people would crowd surf up to the stage, turn around and dive back into the crowd. The band would just move aside so people could do their thing. Now there's a bit too much, well, mauling. I kind of wish that we had a little more of the 1993 type of crowd and a bit less of the 2010. Just my opinion. 3) The HAIR, THE HAIR, THE HAIR!!!! LOVE THE HAIR!

Such a violent song, yet, I think we can all relate to it at some point or another!

Good choice I like this song...Great vid I've never seen this performance again...

I love this song!!

it is the essence of Dookie... :happy:

This, Coming Clean, She and Pulling Teeth are the jems of that album

In my opinion, Having a Blast can talk about the massacres in the institutes and things like that

And other thing, the video posted is fake, this song was played in Silver Dollar Club in January 3, 1993. The audio of the video is from that gig

omg i so hoped for this to be next sotw <3 <3 <3

its one of my favorites or even top 3 of dookie <3

i just adore that song and its melody and just ots whole atmosphere !!!!

I really love every verse of this song...there was a period...2 years ago if I'm not wrong...that I listened to it every day, 2000 times a day...

what really amazes me is that you can find always in the ''GD stuff'' something that perfectly go well with your feelings and emotions..there's always a GD song that is able to reflect your mood....

fuck off, I was only talking about this song to someone last night!! :woot:

Love it, love it, love it! :wub:

"So close your eyes and kiss your self goodbye,

and think about the times we've spent and what they've meant,

To me it's nothing."

god those lyrics are just so amazing to me. That last line "To me it's nothing..." seems so unexpected nearly, it just sounds so final and I love the way he sings it, it's almost like there's abosolutely no feeling whatsover. <3

I just discovered this one like 1 year ago......awesome song.....its one of my "occasion" songs.....

I have one for each different event....this one just happens to be one of my breakup songs....um if the girl leaves me of course....

I just think like the song "So close your eyes and kiss yourself goodbye and think of all the times we spent and what they meant, to me its nothing!!!!!!!"

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This song totally sums up how I'm feeling at the moment... :(

Do you ever think back to another time?

Did it bring you so down that you thought you lost your mind?

Do you ever want to lead a long trail of destruction

And mow down any BULLSHIT that confronts you?

Do you ever build up all the small things in your head

To make one problem that adds up to NOTHING

my favorite part :D

I love this song.

My fav. Dookie song.

It means a lot to me in some way.

and as usual I just realized that SOTW converted my mind about this song, now I really quite like it :happy:

especially this part. It's just so true.

To make one problem that adds up to NOTHING.

To make one problem that adds up to NOTHING

my favorite part :D

Unbelievably good lyrics. Combined with the way he sings it and the music... Love it.

Btw, I'm so agreeing with your sig right now...!

especially this part. It's just so true.

To make one problem that adds up to NOTHING.

That's also my favorite part of the song :)

I really love this song, it's one of my favorite songs of Dookie.

I didn't pay that much attention to this song at first but when I did I immediately loved it.

This is probably my favorite song on Dookie if I had to pick one. Amazing song.

Archived