When I Come Around vs. 21st Century Breakdown

Trotsky

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I chose 21st Century Breakdown, just again for the fact that its only Green Day realising what the world is like nowadays. And for the fact that it just sounds so, fuckin, immense, and it's probably my favorite music video by them so far, and just when he starts singing the first line, 'Born into Nixon, i was raised in hell', just gives me that amazing feeling, which is just like so, like, fuckin, undescribable, y'know. Really amazing song, but amazingly close aswell, good poll.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on When I Come Around! God, if Jesus of Suburbia and When I Come Around make it to the final, I don't think I'm going to be able to choose.

This isn't even close, When I Come Around is one of Green Day's best tracks ever. 21st Century Breakdown is honestly no comparison and it definitely does not belong in the final four! I see a lot of people saying they're equal, don't insult When I Come Around by comparing it to the generic mess that is 21st Century Breakdown.

21st Century Breakdown, while wonderful, is one of my least favourite songs on the album. Same goes for When I Come Around.

But these albums are two of my joint favourites so both songs are amazing and I love them :D. What to pick?!

glad minority won. its gotta be breakdown here

Ahh, I'm gonna vote later.

Lets be honest here, 21stCB is a "better" song in terms of technicality, much more skillful. Throughout the comp, most people are voting with their hearts, not their heads tbh.

I think 21stCB may have to take the vote.

Edit: I just realised, its a battle between my first Green Day song, and the first song I saw live! :o (Well I did HEAR American Eulogy behind doors in soundcheck...does that count? :P)

There's so many more elements to deciding what the best song is than just technicality and skill though. As well as that it's about whether a song speaks to your emotions and gets in your head. Sometimes there's more beauty in simplicity than in complexity. If we just voted based on technicality we'd only be voting for a tiny part of what makes a song good, I think voting with our hearts is much more accurate.

Lets be honest here, 21stCB is a "better" song in terms of technicality, much more skillful. Throughout the comp, most people are voting with their hearts, not their heads tbh.

One of the reasons I voted for 21CB (that and I don't have a love for WICA like most people do).

I chose 21st Century Breakdown, just again for the fact that its only Green Day realising what the world is like nowadays. And for the fact that it just sounds so, fuckin, immense, and it's probably my favorite music video by them so far, and just when he starts singing the first line, 'Born into Nixon, i was raised in hell', just gives me that amazing feeling, which is just like so, like, fuckin, undescribable, y'know. Really amazing song, but amazingly close aswell, good poll.

"Immense" is a fantastic word to describe the song.

(YAY, MINORITY WON! ^^)

fuck it. When i Come Around is losing D:! but, yeah 21stCB is a great song to but i chooce WICA cause is one of my favorites songs (my favorite of Dookie), so

GO, WHEN I COME AROUND! :banana:

21stCB :D

GO, CLASS OF 13!

Sorry, I fucking LOVEEE When I Come Around (it MIGHT have been one of the first GD songs I've ever heard) but 21stCB has so much energy in it, it makes you want to scream...

And jump and .... just freak out.

Oh dear lord. I love both of these songs. I really do not know which one to pick.

When I Come Around may be far more "simple", but it's my favourite song ever! I love how 21st Century Breakdown is so immense, like people say. It's a masterpiece. But I'm in love the sweet simplicity of When I Come Around. It's just "my" song. And as been said, it has a lot more to do with emotions than technicality. I'm so impressed with the work of 21st Century Breakdown, I think it's genius and massive. Epic. Though when it comes down to it, the songs I can relate to the most are the more simple ones. When I Come Around is the one of these songs that has a special place in my heart. :wub:

I completely agree :) Class of 13 :wub:

I honestly think it's impossible to choose a "best" song by GD - every time there's a vote, I never think either is the "best" song, it all depends how I'm feeling. Like I chose 21CB but if it had been another day I'd have said When I Come Around. Idk, just my opinion.

I love when i come around, but breakdown has just got that 'epic' feel to it.

Fuck you Minority D<

Anywho. When I Come Around. 21BD is pretty close to me because of the Class of '13 part, but omg When I Come Around :wub:

I'mma join your club, btw

can I join your club too? :(

Can I join? :cool:

I'll have to think about this at school, listen to the songs and then decide...

These two songs shouldn't be compared together... :blink:

Hmm.. That was really hard. But I love When I Come Around so much, so I voted for that one :wub: But I'm not sure actually..

And I'm so joining that Good Riddance lovers club! <3

Everyone can join! The more, the better! :wub:

WHY EVERY SONG I VOTE STARTS TO LOSE WHEN I GO TO BED!! Except for Going to Pasalacqua, and then I had an Earthquake and couldn't see who won till thursday! :lol: Come on, WICA, come on!

I just voted for when I come around because i thought that everybody would vote for 21stCB and I don't want this song to win minority to the finals........

I've been mostly with the old skool Green Day songs so far, but 21CB takes this one for me!

Archived