Best Green Day Song Contest

J'net

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minority won just as i expected. good Minority. curious who it's gonna face next...

I didn't have a chance to vote for Minority or Good Riddance...I'd choose Time of Your Life =/

Most loved by GDCers is an interesting way of looking at it. No one wants to be pinned as someone who does this, but I believe quite a few people chose very obscur songs to put on their lists to look like 'hardcore' fans or better Green Day fans. Also I noticed that many people voted for Christie Road round one because Basket Case is too well known and Christie Road doesn't get enough respect, I thought we were voting for the better song. These people are the reason songs like Holiday and Longview aren't on the list, because they voted for songs that need more respect in their top ten instead of voting for simply the best songs.

Ok I speak for myself now and I didn't do this despite having songs like Westbound Sign and Prosthetic Head on my list. I chose those because I like those the most,

I agree that there will be some who vote for the underdog sometimes, but how shall this competition be done better, if not this way?

I myself have always voted for the song I like more and I believe, maybe with naivete, that most will do the same.

And for the Longview argument I can't really concur, as I have a list of 120 handpicked Green Day songs I like to listen a lot on my mp3player. Longview isn't one of them. I just don't like that song.

I said this just to show that we like different songs. Everybody won't like the same, and if they do, probably one of them is lying to please someone or then he is just kidding himself.

I agree that the Christie Road--Basket Case result was a big surprise to me, and I also think that without the "pity"-votes Basket Case would have won, and it's a shame, but everything isn't perfect, and you just have to cope with that.

YAY, MINORITY WON

ok, i love GR too, is a beautiful song and actually, was the first song that i played on the guitar but Minority rocks! the live version is awesome, specially in BIAB :D!

Most loved by GDCers is an interesting way of looking at it. No one wants to be pinned as someone who does this, but I believe quite a few people chose very obscur songs to put on their lists to look like 'hardcore' fans or better Green Day fans. Also I noticed that many people voted for Christie Road round one because Basket Case is too well known and Christie Road doesn't get enough respect, I thought we were voting for the better song. These people are the reason songs like Holiday and Longview aren't on the list, because they voted for songs that need more respect in their top ten instead of voting for simply the best songs.

Yeah, I was thinking this before. However Christie Road is the only song off the first couple of albums that I would definitely vote for (and did) but thats not me trying to sound like a 'hardcore' fan. Hahaa. It is definitely in my top few Green Day songs, although it depends how we are defining 'best' because for me it means a lot to me and stuff, but if we're meant to be deciding which are written best and all that then Christie Road would obviously lose. Meh.

Really hope Jesus of Suburbia wins. Those top eight and then top three so far are definitely not what I would choose as the best songs, so its weird. :pinch:

JoS and Christie Road would both be in my top, but seen as Christie Road lost then JoS should win :bunny:

i predict JOS wins the whole contest.

I think it'll be between this and Good Riddance.

I think it'll be between this and Good Riddance.

Ummmm, Good Riddance is no longer in the contest. It lost to Minority yesterday. However, my prediction is JOS against Minority and has been since ... in one of the rounds, the song I was expecting to win lost :).

Ummmm, Good Riddance is no longer in the contest. It lost to Minority yesterday. However, my prediction is JOS against Minority and has been since ... in one of the rounds, the song I was expecting to win lost :).

Oooh, I didn't see that. Haha. Sorry, I'm a little slow.

Oooh, I didn't see that. Haha. Sorry, I'm a little slow.

I understand slow ... that's my typical mode of operation.

So glad Jesus of Suburbia won! But I'm still sad about When I Come Around...

I knew JOS was going to win, but still, most of the time I prefer Letterbomb :wub:

Jesus Of Suburbia will win this contest for sure..

if JOS wins, is it because of its length?? i think it also makes JOS epic.

hope it does win.

if JOS wins, is it because of its length?? i think it also makes JOS epic.

hope it does win.

its just an epic song and even though its not my personal favorite it deseveres to be their best song (for all fans) :)

Archived