Best Green Day Song Contest

J'net

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted She to win... :cry: I can't believe it lost by 4 votes...

Buut I still love When I come around... :rolleyes:

I cannot believe She lost. One of my very favourite songs. gaaaah!

I can't believe that She lost by four fucking votes!! =/

But I still love When I Come Around, though. :happy:

Hey, wait a minute.

Why isn't Holiday on that list :(

yeah. why not? Holiday is a great song u.u

yeah. why not? Holiday is a great song u.u

which son isn't? lol

which son isn't? lol

si igual...i was there e.e

but i love Holiday D:! anyway, i'm still sad cuz 2000LYA lost u.u

Yeah, but on their show when Holiday came on, everyone went fucking CRAZY.

I dunno, Holiday will always be my second favourite Green Day song. After JOS, of course.

I don't know how you can possibly hold a legitimate best Green Day song contest without Holiday or Longview. As far as I'm concerned this has become a joke, 21st Century Breakdown is in the top eight and so is Christie Road.

I don't know how you can possibly hold a legitimate best Green Day song contest without Holiday or Longview. As far as I'm concerned this has become a joke, 21st Century Breakdown is in the top eight and so is Christie Road.

Well all of these 16 songs were the 16 most loved songs from Green Day voted by GDC:ers.

So I can't see what the problem is.

I wasn't happy either with the ones that got through, either to this stage (only 3 songs I chose, from which two lost), or through the first elimination round (voted for 5 that didn't go through)

Still, I consider this as a good approach we can use to get to the most liked GD song by the GDC: ers.

Of course everyone won't agree, and I cannot see why JOS has got this God-like status, but if others do then that's their opinion. I'm not gonna ask them why, because they could just as well ask me why I don't like it and why I think Homecoming is better.

We all our entitled our opinion, and this competition brings out what the majority likes/wants. Which I think is the point of this competition anyway. There isn't an absolute truth in what's good in music. This means we have to go with majority opinion, this is very similar to literature, e.g. The Great Gatsby is considered one of the best novels ever, but still there are some that think it blows hard. We cannot say that they are wrong if they have reasonable opinion. The status of Gatsby is therefore due to majority opinion(which should be enough to indicate literary merit), and not because of absolute truth.

Blame IB and TOK for the last paragraph. :D

Too bad I couldnt be here yesterday to vote, but Id vote for 21CB, so Im happy it won :D

Quite frankly I am DISGUSTED that Longview is not in the top 16!

What ever the result Longview is my winner :wub:, it epitomizes Green Day and is fabulous.

Quite frankly I am DISGUSTED that Longview is not in the top 16!

this for sure.

Longview is the fucking shizz and it was in my top 10.

I'm kinda suprised that it wasn't in the top 16.

im glad jos won yesterday :) it so deserves to be in this contest :)

Well all of these 16 songs were the 16 most loved songs from Green Day voted by GDC:ers.

So I can't see what the problem is.

I wasn't happy either with the ones that got through, either to this stage (only 3 songs I chose, from which two lost), or through the first elimination round (voted for 5 that didn't go through)

Still, I consider this as a good approach we can use to get to the most liked GD song by the GDC: ers.

Of course everyone won't agree, and I cannot see why JOS has got this God-like status, but if others do then that's their opinion. I'm not gonna ask them why, because they could just as well ask me why I don't like it and why I think Homecoming is better.

We all our entitled our opinion, and this competition brings out what the majority likes/wants. Which I think is the point of this competition anyway. There isn't an absolute truth in what's good in music. This means we have to go with majority opinion, this is very similar to literature, e.g. The Great Gatsby is considered one of the best novels ever, but still there are some that think it blows hard. We cannot say that they are wrong if they have reasonable opinion. The status of Gatsby is therefore due to majority opinion(which should be enough to indicate literary merit), and not because of absolute truth.

Blame IB and TOK for the last paragraph. :D

Most loved by GDCers is an interesting way of looking at it. No one wants to be pinned as someone who does this, but I believe quite a few people chose very obscur songs to put on their lists to look like 'hardcore' fans or better Green Day fans. Also I noticed that many people voted for Christie Road round one because Basket Case is too well known and Christie Road doesn't get enough respect, I thought we were voting for the better song. These people are the reason songs like Holiday and Longview aren't on the list, because they voted for songs that need more respect in their top ten instead of voting for simply the best songs.

While I LOVE LOVE LOVE Going to pasalacqua and Christie road (and voted for them), I can't believe they're in and Holiday/Longview aren't either.

Also, Basket Case didn't win last contest but.. I don't think that's because it's not the best song of the two. People here just heard that song a million times already, so its amazingness isn't anything special anymore. ;)

Either way, I'm happy with most of the results so far (JOS all the way!) but.. I do think some of this contest is "best underrated GD song" instead of "best GD song".

wow, Letterbomb won??

i missed so much, damn, i was soo offline through whole weekend... dammit. i already voted for Minority (tough choice) but i think yes, JOS is going to win. would be cool :banana:

Can't believe I missed yesterday's poll. At least today's is going to be easier.

Would i be wrong is saying the probability would be very high that JOS will win this? :P

We've been wrong before though. Personally, i want Letterbomb :D

Gutted Holiday didnt make it, though. :(

Gutted Holiday didnt make it, though. :(

me too... =/

someone should make a bracket so its easier to see which songs are where....

:whistle:happy:

Archived