GD song you're most relating to at this moment in time

Spirited Away

Ok, this time the song is not for me but for my cat. Now, my Persian mix is the best cat ever. He has always been friendly and easygoing. He has nurtured orphaned kittens and made friends with numerous dogs. He does not mind car rides and used to ride in a basket on my bike. He has allowed himself to be carried and manhandled by preschoolers, dragged and drooled on by puppies, dressed up and taken to costume contests, and performed tricks in front of an audience of elementary school students. For a while he volunteered as a therapy cat. But now he is almost 18 and, while still quite mellow compared to most cats, is losing the patience he once had.

So today I was listening to Nimrod while grooming him. He is no longer patient about being brushed. So while he was struggling and growling and hissing and gripping my hand with his teeth, “The Grouch” came on. I told Prince this was his new theme song.

Later, after he recovered from his grooming, I picked him up and called him a “Shitty old man.”

He looked at me and purred.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most this year would probably be Wake Me Up When September Ends because this year it's 7 years when my dad passed away :(

but there are many others... most it's Jesus Of Suburbia, Lazy Bones, Who Wrote Holden Caufield and Disappearing Boy

The Grouch. just been real grumpy from work.

I think it is 99 revolutions, cause it was the first song on the yesterdays gig, and i cried like a baby.

• 2 weeks later...

In my last week of uni it was Welcome To Paradise :happy:

"Dear mother, Can you hear me laughing, It's been six whole months since that I have left your home,

It makes me wonder why I'm still here, For some strange reason it's now feeling like my home".

I stayed longer in my halls after my exams had finished, and it was feeling way more like home to me than it was when I first moved in. Before when I'd first moved in I'd been 'whining' for the first few weeks :lol: .

Also, I'd noticed it to be 6 months I'd been there aswell as we get like 6 months off for summer, xmas and easter.

1,000 Hours because I am a hopeless romantic.

• 3 weeks later...

Longview. Call me pathetic, call me what you will. Etc.

Jesus of suburbia, for sure.
"And there's nothing wrong with me, this is how I'm supposed to be
In a land of make believe. That don't believe in me"

Christie Road.
"I've got nothing to do [...] Gotta get away or my brains will explode"

Walk Away.
"The scar remains remind me that I’m still living!"

Also Time Of Your Life

Wild One & Dry Ice cause I keep dreaming about my crush :wub::lol:

Lazy Bones. My reason? One word: Anxiety.

Let yourself go, I'm feeling really pent up recently

Dominated Love Slave I think Are We The Waiting (since I'm waiting for my grades) and a little bit of All The Time since I have to prepare for an exam tomorrow xD

16 and No One Knows.

I'm pretty scared about where I'm going in the future right now...so, yeah.

The whole Insomniac album - everything is such a blur in my life right now. Walking Contradiction, Brain Stew, Jaded, Panic Song, 86 - Finishing University and welcoming the pressures of life make me want to go back. I know there are various previous GD songs that deal with these subjects (like Fatima mentioned), but the whole Insomniac record makes me understand Billie most, I don't know why.

Christie Road I think or Who Wrote Holden Caulfield.

I'd say Brain Stew and Longview -__- NOT FOR THE POT STUFF xD I'm just so FUCKING BORED ALL THE FUCKING TIME and i suffer from insomnia so yea xD i'm on summer vacation and all i do is stay up all night trying to find some good use of my insomnia and boredom xD

I'd say Brain Stew and Longview -__- NOT FOR THE POT STUFF xD I'm just so FUCKING BORED ALL THE FUCKING TIME and i suffer from insomnia so yea xD i'm on summer vacation and all i do is stay up all night trying to find some good use of my insomnia and boredom xD

Same. Insomnia can be hurtful too though =/

This morning I asked my roommate if she remembered to pay the utility....

probably She.

"she's figured out that all her doubts were someone else's point of view"

"Good Riddance(Time of Your Life)" because I'm dealing with the death of a person that I love, It's helping me a lot.

Archived