GD song you're most relating to at this moment in time

Spirited Away

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Grouch. Why? Because I was a young boy that had big plans. THAT'S WHY. And no, I am not a shitty old man! LOL

Actually, Oh Love is the song I'm relating to the most at the moment. Got a girl that I am going to put my neck out to ask out. I think she likes me too, but it might hurt our friendship if she doesn't.

I don't think I have to personally relate to what is being said in the song in order to feel a strong connection to it. The songs I've been feeling the strongest connection to lately are JOS and When I Come Around. JOS is just a really powerful song, and it doesn't matter to me that I am not a teenager stuck in suburbia (and Billie Joe wasn't that either when he wrote the song -- it's about his past, not his present). When I Come Around has no relationship to my life at all, but it's a song that just sticks with me. I've always felt more connected to their music than their lyrics, I think.

Fell For You, Because I'm in love, like really in love, with a girl that's love me just the same, life couldn't get better :)

• 2 weeks later...

I can't stop listening to Working Class Hero at the moment.

it's not that i relate to it in anyway, but it's a powerful performance. adding Lennon at the end gives it a respectful and meaningful touch - the video is cool too.

Angel Blue.

"You're just a fucking kid and no one ever gives you a break"

I feel people treating me like a child. I hate when they think they can talk for me and do for me stuff but fuck it I can do things by myself! I'm fucking 15 I'm not fool and I'm not little girl. I can speak for myself and live my own life

In the End

Basket Case + Brain Stew

your sig actually made me feel bad, so now I'm gonna listen to it hahahaha

I am still relating to Let Yourself Go, but am looking at it differently. I previously directed it toward my enemies and even family members when they were being difficult. But now I am directing it at myself. To step back to 21st Century Breakdown, I am starting to realize "I am my own worst enemy." I am my own worst critic and doubt my abilities. So now I am telling that annoying voice in the back of my head that tells me I am no good to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! So I actually am letting myself go.

Geek Stink Breath

I have never swallowed anything stronger than a paracetamol, smoked so much as as a malboro or been injected with anything more sinister than a tetanus vaccine. But it is the aggression and energy in music, not the lyrical content, that emulates my mood right now.

Archived