Misery (The Day the Green Day Community Server Went Down)

J'net

I've always loved Misery and thought it was a pretty underrated song. It's such an offbeat song for them that I guess it's easy for it to stick out in my mind, but I love the instrumentation and the way Billie delivers the lyrics. It's just fantastic.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this song. It's always been one of my favorites. Partly because of it's quirkiness, mostly because I enjoy a good story (see: Death Cab for Cutie Bright Eyes, Bowl of Oranges)

I listened to this song way too much when I first got into Green Day. If i wasn't at work right now, I'd listen to it again. It's been a long time.

I love this song. It's always been one of my favorites. Partly because of it's quirkiness, mostly because I enjoy a good story (see: Death Cab for Cutie, Bowl of Oranges)

I listened to this song way too much when I first got into Green Day. If i wasn't at work right now, I'd listen to it again. It's been a long time.

Bowl Of Oranges is a song by Bright Eyes :)

This is in my Top 5 favorite Green Day songs of all time. I LOVE it when Green Day experiments with different sounds, because they pull them off so well. This sounds very much like Little Girl to me, which is another one of my absolute favorites. I also love when Green Day does "darker" songs like this one. This kind of music sounds great with Billie's voice.

Don't know what else I can say - Misery is off Warning, which IMO is an AMAZING album that was my favorite... before 21CB came out. :happy: I think this is the best song off Warning. I love that it tells a story and it's humorous - it's awesome.

Ooh, I just love it! Great song of the week choice!

Oh - and I love how Billie sings the word "high". IDK why, lol, but I do. And I love the "I said I don't know" part too, again, for reasons I can't explain. :D

Haha awesome song of the week.

I put it in my 'interesting' category.

Bowl Of Oranges is a song by Bright Eyes :)

hah, i don't even listen to Death Cab for Cutie. Don't know how i could have mixed those up.

misery isn't one of my favorites..but i still do love it

billie just sounds so raw to me in this song

misery isn't one of my favorites..but i still do love it

billie just sounds so raw to me in this song

RAWWWWWWWWWW

Finally, a song I nominated got song of the week :D Anyway, I love this song so much, and I would really give anything to hear this live. I love all of the more experimental songs that Green Day do, and I think that Warning is such an underrated album, there are so many good songs from that album, such as Church on Sunday, this one, Blood Sex and Booze, Minority, Warning, Macy's Day Parade, Castaway, Waiting, and Deadbeat Holiday, well they're all good really but yeah.

I think this is such a fantastic song. It's completely different from any other Green Day song and I just love it. Great choice, J'net!

YES FINALLY MISERY IS CHOSEN! :wub:

Love the song, and with the server being down for a while etc. the song is even more appropriate, lol.

I remember the first time I listened to the "Warning" album; I loved it right away but "Misery" was about the greatest surprise ever.

This song is brilliant in each and every way; I especially love Billie's singing, and as to the lyrics I always thought they sounded like the script to some scruffy little indie movie.

Awesome song, awesome thread title!

It's make me understand why every magazine said warning is weird.

It's a great song,I love it!

hope i'll find 'warning' soon,I haven't got a chance to buy things on Internet.

I love this song! It's so different than the other stuff up till that point and one of the songs that made Warning so great.

I love this song!

I never saw the Milton Keynes sound check version before, awesome!

and thanks for posting (:

I love this song. Its so experimental and chaotic so many things are going on at once and Billies voice sounds so raw like someone else said. Its like a punk rock circus and Billies the ring leader.

It also reminds me of a Bob Dylan song but i forgot which one :lol:

good choice :)

Edit: the Bob Dylan song it reminds me of is rainy day woman it has all these weird instruments and yeah.

Whenever I hear this song it reminds me of when I got that Metal Hammer special Green Day magazine with a Green Day crossword in it. One of the clues was "_____ out on the interstate". I hadn't managed to track down Warning yet so it drove me mad trying to work out the answer :lol:. So when I got Warning that line stood out to me and made me laugh every time and it still does.

I love love love quirky Green Day songs and this is probably the quirkiest of all :wub:. So many layers of awesomeness in the music and such cool lyrics. It's a delightful song :D

My favorite part in every way: “Well hell hounds on your trail now once again, boy. It's groping on your leg until it sleeps. The emptiness will fill your soul with sorrow. Cause it's not what you make, it's what you leave,” including the various sound and musical effects that immediately follow.

My favourite too! With the best bit of all being how he says "BOY!".

Archived