Green Day May Get Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Nod

Sanity Loan

About Madonna not being rock n roll. I've seen Jay-Z etc being classed as rock n roll. LIke, Isnt rock n roll just kinda, radical (cant think of the word I want), non classical music. By that I mean rock (grunge, punk etcetera), hip hop, pop (pop as in old pop) etc. IDK thats how I and people I talk to see it.

Didnt explain what I meant well I'm tired AF.

About GD getting entered, Fuckin' Right.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I think the R&R Hall of Fame is a joke, It'd be really nice to see Green Day inducted in several years because they deserve to be. I hope they don't become one of several artists who deserve to be in the HOF, but were never up for induction.

• 1 year later...

Bumping a way old thread for no real reason, but I was just curious if John Kiffmeyer would be inducted if Green Day is? Does anyone know the Rock Hall of Fame's policy with this? Because there were so many members of Guns N Roses inducted, many of whom weren't in the band that long... I also noticed that TWELVE members of the Grateful Dead were inducted, some of whom were only in the band for a year or less. Apparently it's pretty common to induct people with fleeting membership. John was in the band for two years... he wrote some of the songs...

I ask because I really don't think he deserves it :P I doubt he'd show up, but it would be really strange to me if he gets credit for this. I think he's worthy of any credit due to him for his contributions to 1039SOSH, and whatever he did to help the band get started in the business, but to say he had anything to do with what has made Green Day worthy of eternal glory is just silly.

Is it likely he'd be inducted?

Bumping a way old thread for no real reason, but I was just curious if John Kiffmeyer would be inducted if Green Day is? Does anyone know the Rock Hall of Fame's policy with this? Because there were so many members of Guns N Roses inducted, many of whom weren't in the band that long... I also noticed that TWELVE members of the Grateful Dead were inducted, some of whom were only in the band for a year or less. Apparently it's pretty common to induct people with fleeting membership. John was in the band for two years... he wrote some of the songs...

I ask because I really don't think he deserves it :P I doubt he'd show up, but it would be really strange to me if he gets credit for this. I think he's worthy of any credit due to him for his contributions to 1039SOSH, and whatever he did to help the band get started in the business, but to say he had anything to do with what has made Green Day worthy of eternal glory is just silly.

I don't see him getting inducted along with Green Day.

Just my opinion.

Well GNR as they are now only has one member that was asked and that was Axl. None of the other current members of the band were asked. I'm guessing they weren't asked because they were not involved in GNR's most influential albums. For that reason I don't think John would be asked either, but you never know.

I would love to see john again. I miss him :-(

But what was up with the Ramones? Not all of their members got inducted

• 1 year later...

As many of you know in next Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony in 2014 will be inducted Nirvana,The Replacements,Kiss,Deep Purple and others and Green Day will be eligible in 2014 (2015 ceremony) they have big percent to be inducted you can go and vote for them here

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/artist.php?artist_id=Green_Day

i think they deserve to be inducted... what do you think ?

Nirvana was already eligible this year, and they're getting inducted, along with the likes of KISS, Peter Gabriel, Hall & Oates, Cat Stevens, and Linda Ronstadt (yeah, because when you think rock 'n roll, you don't think of The Replacements or Nirvana, you fucking think of Linda Ronstadt). http://rockhall.com/inductees/

Yes because the 2015 induction ceremony will be in Cleveland again and I can actually go unlike when they were at the ceremony in 2012 and Alissa, Laura and I's attempts to see them/get a photo with them failed miserably and we drove for two hours for no fucking reason :)

Yes because the 2015 induction ceremony will be in Cleveland again and I can actually go unlike when they were at the ceremony in 2012 and Alissa, Laura and I's attempts to see them/get a photo with them failed miserably and we drove for two hours for no fucking reason :)

:cry:

Hi, I moved your thread here to Green Day Chat. In future if you want to make a thread about Green Day you should make it here, not in General Chat :)

I doubt they'll get in straight away. Loads if big bands have been waiting years before they did it. How long did it take Rush to get in, and they deserved it more? It's not even a big deal anyway, it's a corporate joke these days.

Hi, I moved your thread here to Green Day Chat. In future if you want to make a thread about Green Day you should make it here, not in General Chat :)

Thanks

If Kiss can make it, so can Green Day. Nirvana deserve it more though, just saying.

Why are you slagging KISS? they have had a huge impact in music...

Just cause you dont care for their music doesnt mean they dont deserve it

Why are you slagging KISS? they have had a huge impact in music...

Just cause you dont care for their music doesnt mean they dont deserve it

Just because you think they deserve it doesn't mean someone else can't think they don't.

KISS deserves to be inducted as Nirvana but i am talking about Green Day read comments on a link which i posted people don't want GD to be inducted they say that GD is sell out not punk anymore and things like that but i don't mind about that i think no matter if GD is sell out or not punk anymore i just fucking love this band and i want to see them with greatest musicians of all time...

They deserve to be inducted more than anyone in my opinion but, I can just see the wank and bullshit that will be thrown at them though should they get nominated and inducted as they always seem to get :S

Archived