Why do you love/listen to green day?

pisquano

What an overwhelming question!

At first, it was their catchy songs that hooked me. But as I dug deeper, I realized there was so much more to them than that. They're all extremely talented as musicians, writers, and live performers. In addition to that, they're genuinely good people who are really aware of the world we live in.

The biggest thing for me is probably how much they have affected me personally. I would be a completely different person without them. No matter what's going on in my life, Green Day will always be there to help me get past it. Their lyrics touch me like nothing else can. The boys inspire me on every possible level.

I like to refer to Green Day as my "soulmate band". That's really the closest I can come to describing how I feel about them. They make me happier than anything else and I simply love them and cannot live without them.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One time my moms boyfriend came in my room SCREAMING at me,and when he left I had 1039 in my cd player.disappearing boy came on,and it said everything I was feeling.How I felt unwanted and alone,vanished,no one in the world loved me,all I had were Billie and Mike.I knew they'd never leave me,I became Obsessed with the song for a long time.I knew that if Green Day could make it so could I.Even though my mom and her boy friend saw me as the shit on the bottom of their shoes,I had to keep going,for Green Day...

I do not love Greenday. I like them for the effort they put in to show people to look after each other and to not be stuck up. I miss the old links to charities and people they supported on their website. They used to support Greenpeace, for example, has that stopped? There was a humanizing element to them that did not get enough recognition. I miss watching Billie Joe Armstrong brushing his teeth on camera, I wish I could find the footage of it. That great big glob of foamy toothpaste falling from his tongue kind of says it all concerning how I feel about people talking about people loving them because of how sexy they think they are or how old they are. When it comes to music... age does not matter.

Seriously, I can listen to them all the time, and not get sick of them. I've been listening to them for 6 years straight, and I still haven't gotten sick of them. Never happened to me before. Even when I try to stop to make sure I don't get sick of them, I'll listen to another band for a little bit, but then I get sucked back into them. Now that I've also been getting better at the guitar, and their songs are pretty easy to play, it's making me get even more involved in their music.

I don't think that my love for Green Day can be put into words. Haha.

I love Green Day because they are the best band in the world to me. There music is my therapy :)

1.) Anyone can relate to their songs

2.) Billie's voice is gorgeous and you can hear the passion, no auto tune shit, that's Billie giving it all he's got

3.) No other band gives so much live, and for such a good price! They're the best live band EVER!

4.) They're sweet and funny and care about the world they live in

5.) They're damn sexy!

6.) They're besties and their love for each other shows and it's beautiful!

7.) No one writes better lyrics, melodies, hooks, harmonies, or just songs in general!

because they have a message, they are not morons, the melodies are great, the lyrics are awesomes, Billie is a Genius, Mike is a Genius and Tré is a Clown-Genious. They started from zero and look at them now! How can you not love that? :wub:

*Billies Voice

*The lyrics and how they can/do mean so much

*What they sing about

*The guys as a group

*They act themselves - they dont do it for any 1 else, they do it for themselves and if people like it they say well thats great !!

*The style of music

*There songs are so catchy

*They are an AMAZING BAND !!

So the best thing i like about Green Day IS GREEN DAY !! ♥

I think Billie Joe's voice has a miracle power..

You never get bored after listening to Green day songs a million times.

Plus, I think they're actually very scerious and kind guys.

They fit. I don't know why I'm obsessed with them or how it happened, but they stuck out to me because I (like many people) felt that the songs described the state of my life perfectly. They still do. I have grown up, grown down, loved, lost, happy, sad, left behind and found again and their music helps me through it all.

Truthfully, I think a lot of it is them as people. I really look up to and respect the guys. Their work ethic and beliefs and humor are all things I try to have. Their music is just amazing on top of that. When you really look at it, what's NOT to like about them is much harder to pin down.

I was just reading this thread as I was listening to 39/smooth, and I was thinking about what Green Day means to me. Then I Was There came on, and I don't know.. I just got overwhelmed, because I thought about the concert, everything that happened to me up until that point; everything I've been through with Green Day playing in the background. It made me believe that I'll never let them go.

They're the best fucking band in the world; they're not just music to me, they're not just funny interviews. They're memories, they're all my teenage years from 13 to now. They're the one thing that will stay the same while everything else in my life changes.

'Cause they fuckin' rock, they have great lyrics and they're fuckin' pervers :eyebrows:

their music isn't the same crap that's out now.

Yes, they aren't like the static age, when you listen to them you can hear a sound not like on the radio. :lol:

I was just reading this thread as I was listening to 39/smooth, and I was thinking about what Green Day means to me. Then I Was There came on, and I don't know.. I just got overwhelmed, because I thought about the concert, everything that happened to me up until that point; everything I've been through with Green Day playing in the background. It made me believe that I'll never let them go.

They're the best fucking band in the world; they're not just music to me, they're not just funny interviews. They're memories, they're all my teenage years from 13 to now. They're the one thing that will stay the same while everything else in my life changes.

Amen. :happy:

As I got older I appeciated them more and more, the love just grew. They taught me what it is to be an individual. It's like I started living when I started listening to Green Day, they made me a stronger/better person. Plus I feel I can relate to a lot of their songs. It's just ... Wow. They're my world. I feel they've got me through so much, I don't think I'd be here today with out them, to be honest. I adore everything about them and their music.

:cry::wub:

I feel the same way. :')

Love the lyrics, love the content and the emotions, love the music, love the vocals... everything about it. It just makes me happy, yesterday I was listening to them and I felt like someone had wrapped a blanket around my heart... weird, huh?

Billie's voice and wonderful lyrics....You know ,I listen to those cpop for a long time ....It's terrble.....最起码是他们直率..没有一副拒人一千里之外的“大明星”的样子 :/ .they are singing in my heart..

First and only band i REALLY ever got into, in an obsessive way. I am not one to become obsessed with a band and buy all their stuff and hate em a week later.

The best characteristics of this band I think is the way that the band members connect on a beyond professional way. Since they've known each other for 20 years now, I don't ever see 'em breaking up.

Billie Joe's voice as well as Mike Dirnt's solid back up vocals really bring the music to a whole new level. Not to mention Billie Joe's guitar style and Tre Cool's simple yet fast and hardcore drum playing. Billie Joe is a genius at writing songs and combine all this and you have truly the best band in the world. Very few bands have what Green Day has. Green Day has never broken up, or given up. Think back to great bands like The Beatles. THEY BROKE UP! WHY? Stuff tore them apart. That will never happen to Green Day so for all the reasons I've mentioned, with the exception of other greats like U2, and The Rolling Stones, Green Day in my opinion is truly the best band ever.

Haha wow I wrote a lot..

Love the lyrics, love the content and the emotions, love the music, love the vocals... everything about it. It just makes me happy, yesterday I was listening to them and I felt like someone had wrapped a blanket around my heart... weird, huh?

I know the feeling. When I listen to them when I'm sad or depressed I get this warm feeling inside like everything is gonna be cool.

I feel the same way. :')

DITTO :)

They've helped me gain the things I need, lose the things I didn't, and cope with the shit that goes on during the times in between. Back in fifth grade, American Idiot had just came out. I was a fan of Green Day before then, and I started talking to this girl who was sitting beside me at my cafeteria table about Green Day...she wasn't familiar with the band until I started telling her about it, so she checked them out and immediately fell in love. We've been best friends ever since, and we're in high school now. We're sisters, almost. So, yeah. She got to see Green Day a few months back. I didn't. I still cry over that sometimes. I'll get my chance one day, I hope...

And, their lyrics are rather biographical to me, meaning that it seems as though the songs are written about me, but, of course, they aren't...But the lyrics kinda hit close to the heart.

When I was in elementary school a kid told me that she almost didn't invite me to her party because the other kids thought I was too weird -- that pretty much sums up my compulsory education experience. I always got the feeling from Green Day that they felt the same alienation and I really connected to that. I started to view their albums as road maps on how to get through the shit life hurls at you (still do). Plus, they're catchy as hell.

Archived