Green Day References

I borrowed the Book : Green Day the Triography ... Its the First Green Day Biography ever and its really cool there is much Information in it ...

It is so cool that i Found this Book in the Book Store in our Town ... Really awesome

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a book today called "Punk the Whole Story" and there is a section about Green Day in it.

I love that book! :woot:

more GDC then then GD but I was out today and saw Olive avenue/street, can't remember exactly which, and finally realized why it was familiar. :P

I just realized that to call my voicemail I have to dial *86

Im reading Slam by Nick Hornby again page 19 He says 'She probably never even heard of Tony Hawk or Green Day or anything cool,so what gave her the right?'

and page 224 'I plugged the Cd player in and put in my CD....The first song was 'Americian Idiot' by Green Day'

I think thats pretty cool! :cool:

I dunno if anyone mentioned this or not but in "El Scorcho" by Weezer, there is a line that goes "I asked you to go to the Green Day concert, you said you never heard of them." and it makes me think, how could someone NOT know Green Day, but then again....

And every day I go by Longview Street. That always makes me smile to myself.

Im reading Slam by Nick Hornby again page 19 He says 'She probably never even heard of Tony Hawk or Green Day or anything cool,so what gave her the right?'

and page 224 'I plugged the Cd player in and put in my CD....The first song was 'Americian Idiot' by Green Day'

I think thats pretty cool! :cool:

I loved that book! Can't believe I don't remember this... Well, sure the Tony Hawk thing, that was a pretty big thing in it. But... I didn't notice that Green Day were mentioned?

Seriously though, amazing book, one of those that just stays with you. I know I find myself often thinking about it (Nick Hornby is a brilliant author). Just little scenes or bits of dialog.

Again. How do I not remember the Green Day references?!

*off to dig out copy from ridiculous piles of books under bed* (this could take a while...)

I dunno if anyone mentioned this or not but in "El Scorcho" by Weezer, there is a line that goes "I asked you to go to the Green Day concert, you said you never heard of them." and it makes me think, how could someone NOT know Green Day, but then again....

And every day I go by Longview Street. That always makes me smile to myself.

I like that song.

I'm in Best Buy right now, and on this Napster thing they have set up, it showed American Idiot in this cool animation. :D

I like that song.

Me, too and after the GD reference, I listen to it more obsessively then before :wacko:

Green Day, well, Billie keeps popping up in my Facebook news feed and on the Smosh Pit :mellow:

My 8 year old neighbor came up to me the other night and said, "Kristen, I saw Green Day on Teen Nick last night, they're not as scary as I thought, but the shirts you wear with their name on them are still creepy." awwww<3 why do I find that cute? She insulted me. Hahahah

In an episode of The Simpsons, Homer mixed Poprocks and Coke and threw it at people. It exploded. :lol:

And I read ´Andres´ a few times (at the cinema, in commercials etc.) :blink:

In an episode of The Simpsons, Homer mixed Poprocks and Coke and threw it at people. It exploded. :lol:

I think one band member said somewhere once that that's where they got the name from.

And I read ´Andres´ a few times (at the cinema, in commercials etc.) :blink:

Maybe that's because it's a normal name...? :dry:

I loved that book! Can't believe I don't remember this... Well, sure the Tony Hawk thing, that was a pretty big thing in it. But... I didn't notice that Green Day were mentioned?

Seriously though, amazing book, one of those that just stays with you. I know I find myself often thinking about it (Nick Hornby is a brilliant author). Just little scenes or bits of dialog.

Again. How do I not remember the Green Day references?!

*off to dig out copy from ridiculous piles of books under bed* (this could take a while...)

Totally agree! I love it! Stuck in my mind too! Thats why im reading it again! Hopefully i'll read some more of Nick Hornbys shit soon I love his humour at serious situations! :happy:

right now i'm watching the King of the Hill episode that has Green Day in it :P

I saw a girl at Walmart with a GD hoodie, I had to compliment her on it, of course!

There was this market and a band was going to play, but before they played they had some sort of tape that was being played, and one of the songs was Boulevard of Broken Dreams :happy:

It's been a while since I've heard good music in public :lol:

I heard American Idiot during a Padres baseball game, just before the commercial break... X3

Archived