Green Day References

http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/7/797/F1XI000Z/posters/boulevard-of-broken-dreams.jpg

^This image was in the cafe I used to work in, but the frame was covering the Boulevard of Broken Dreams part. They decided to give it away, my mom made the connection and she got it for me. I never knew it said Boulevard of Broken Dreams and I walked past it everyday, I find that a little strange.

Why does that look familiar...*goes and looks in living room*

Woah, that's hanging In the corner of my living room, the frame is covering the title up on this one too.

...How have I not noticed that in the past 14 years of my life? :mellow:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I though green day was supposed to teach you not to take other people's shit

Oh well hilarious

either way with people i hate graduationg good riddance was being sung(badly) at the top of everyone's lungs on the last day of school

Why does that look familiar...*goes and looks in living room*

Woah, that's hanging In the corner of my living room, the frame is covering the title up on this one too.

...How have I not noticed that in the past 14 years of my life? :mellow:

:lol: That's even more impressive and strange. I guess I'm glad I made that post now!

I was watching The Muppetsa TV show and Kermit one of the characters referred to "Mass Hysteria" :whistle

2 different Argentinian series used the song "Espionage" in parts of "suspense"... :lol:

i was shopping for used cars and one has a license plate starting with GDA

you bought it straight away right? ;)

lol, this happened to me too, today. My little sis was watching that show, and the producer was all like "Green Day's good, these guys aren't" or something to that effect. And then my sister was all like "did you hear that?" :lol:

you both were obviously just watching it not your little sisters :P

Oh, I forgot the guys were mentioned in this old Degrassi episode. Which also features a commercial with the band in it, what do you know.

This is the second time my dad watches this movie where a girl keeps screaming "Kill him, Billie Joe. Kill him!"

Not a great movie though :lol:

I was watching pair of kings with my younger cousin and there was a competition to be king for a day

I was watching pair of kings with my younger cousin and there was a competition to be king for a day

Did they dress up in drag? ;) haha

There was a couple on a tv show and their names were Bill and Joe.

I have a question of whether something is a reference or not...

So during The Simpsons Movie, when Lisa said "I thought the tapped in on an important issue" (or something like that) then Moe says "I beg to differ."

My mother is convinced that this is a reference to Holiday: "I bet to dream and differ."

Can you guys settle this for me and get my mom to shut up? (Note: she sees Green Day references everywhere; it's concerning.)

So during The Simpsons Movie, when Lisa said "I thought the tapped in on an important issue" (or something like that) then Moe says "I beg to differ."

My mother is convinced that this is a reference to Holiday: "I bet to dream and differ."

Can you guys settle this for me and get my mom to shut up? (Note: she sees Green Day references everywhere; it's concerning.)

Whoa, never realized that. Actually, that could be a reference. The line in Holiday is actually "I beg to dream and differ", not "I bet" like you said, so it it could really be a little reference to Holiday. I mean, Holiday is one of their most popular and known songs, it's not a totally obscure old Green Day song where a reference is probably just a coincidence.

While we're on it, I just love how Tré voiced himself in the movie. He sounds like a real cartoon character. :lol:

Well, that could be a reference, but if I'm not wrong I beg to differ is a common idiom, isn't it?

At college I have to write a diary about someones art work in the year above me and this guys Illustration project was based on music and politics. I looked through one of his sketch books and found this!!

2n9desm.jpg

[

Well, that could be a reference, but if I'm not wrong I beg to differ is a common idiom, isn't it?

It is a common thing to say, which is why I suspect that it's not really a reference.

[

. The line in Holiday is actually "I beg to dream and differ", not "I bet" like you said, so it it could really be a little reference to Holiday.

While we're on it, I just love how Tré voiced himself in the movie. He sounds like a real cartoon character. :lol:

My apologies for my stupid typo! :rolleyes:

And I love Tre's voice, too, but the best part is when someone throws a rock at his kick drum and hits him in his ball. (... just the one, sadly.)

Yesterday in the subway, I heard some girls talking and one of them said 'He was dating whatsername' :happy:

Yesterday in the subway, I heard some girls talking and one of them said 'He was dating whatsername' :happy:

Why would someone say that? :huh:

Why would someone say that? :huh:

Whatsername is a common phrase for when you cant actually remember a girls name, I doubt she was actually called Whatsername. It probably comes up quite often in conversation!

Archived