Green Day References

My family pretty much assumed The Network were Green Day when they gave it :lol: They did ask it, but were like "oh yeah of course" when I told them xD

here was like:

mom: who are they?

me: "not" green day

mom: .. uh?

me: it's green day

mom: but you just said..

older little cousin: OH, THEY PLAY GOOD RIDDANCE HERE! I LOVE THAT SONG!

I started to laugh, because she was reading International Supervideos :lol: My mom forgot about disease is punishment, because my grandma started to talk her, and my uncle was trying to understand. BTW, I'm converting him into a fan, I'm lending him my CD's xD

Reference... I was watching TLOTR and everytime they started with "THE ENEMY IS COMING!" I lol'd xd

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was downloading some green day videos from Megaupload. Before i can actually download, i had to put the verification letters/number in...and it said "TRE5" :D

I went through a place called Hitchin today :-)

I seem to be able to link most things to Green Day.

x

I've just been watching Emmerdale and Carl said, "She's a complete basket case that girl," :D

In my health class "GD" is written in red pen on my desk (not by me). Also, "I love Billie Joe" is written right above that, haha.

Well, I'm watching this crime/mystery show on TV, and they just said, "Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory" and I was like, "Whoa..."

And then like....5 seconds later they say, "Mass Hysteria" :lol:

Watching NFL Live on ESPN in May and suddenly "Hitchin A Ride" and "Know Your Enemy" played. It was a little weird.

Watching NFL Live on ESPN in May and suddenly "Hitchin A Ride" and "Know Your Enemy" played. It was a little weird.

That IS weird....

However, I always think It's weird how Green Day's songs are played on sports shows all of the time...:huh:

lol

Last weekend I was watching a part of the mtv movie awards or something, and during one of those moments they show the nominees, they played the beginning of Know Your Enemy.. :lol:

I was just watching TV and then a little documentary about Madonna came up and I had to think of that one interview where the interviewer asks what their first thought of some picture was. On that pic there was a donkey looking through a car window and a surprised boy and Tre said: "Who is that boy with Madonna?!?" xD

Let's see if I can find that interview again.. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ji9yaGsXU

i was in church and the pastor said " i hope you all become peacemakers today " :D

NO WAY.

That happened to me too xD

Luckily it was right at the end; I couldn't stop giggling :lol:

Last weekend I was watching a part of the mtv movie awards or something, and during one of those moments they show the nominees, they played the beginning of Know Your Enemy.. :lol:

U saw tgat tii. "ka[[i

shit, fingers in the wrong place.

I meant to say 'I saw that too :happy:'

U saw tgat tii. "ka[[i

shit, fingers in the wrong place.

I meant to say 'I saw that too :happy:'

You know you could erase that, right? :lol: Lol. Yay! I thought I was stupid for watching Mtv xD Mtv is nice, as long as they air Green Day related stuff :)

You know you could erase that, right? :lol: Lol. Yay! I thought I was stupid for watching Mtv xD Mtv is nice, as long as they air Green Day related stuff :)

Yeah I know that, but it looked stupid and made me crack a smile so I just left it.

Mm, I usually just have it on in the background. Flick between MTV and TMF.

And next Friday they're gonna air those 10x10 things all day, which means that Green Day should be on at least twice :happy:

Yeah I know that, but it looked stupid and made me crack a smile so I just left it.

Mm, I usually just have it on in the background. Flick between MTV and TMF.

And next Friday they're gonna air those 10x10 things all day, which means that Green Day should be on at least twice :happy:

Really? :o I should really watch MTV then! I watched it last time, and it was about award shows, with the EMAs on number 6.. Know your enemy! :D Too bad they didn't show Minority, loved that one live.

Really? :o I should really watch MTV then! I watched it last time, and it was about award shows, with the EMAs on number 6.. Know your enemy! :D Too bad they didn't show Minority, loved that one live.

Yeah :D

And they're on 6 with the VMA's/21 Guns on one of those lists too. And that thing the thread is about, best live or something. Yay, that means at least 3 times :happy:

Anytime people are getting married in films and the priest says "dearly beloved" I can't halp thinking, "are you listening?" in my head.

Holy shit!

I just saw When I Come Around on MTV! :o

That is the first time I ever saw a video from before 21CB on tv.

And I didn't even recognize it until the drums kicked in D: I was like "woah that sounds like When I Come Around. No, impossible. *checks tv anyway*. Holy it is! :o:woot:"

Yes I know this should probably go in another thread but I'm too lazy to search and I say a Green Day song is a reference to Green Day, eh?

[/yet another boring story]

someone might have posted this before but one of my favorite green day references is in the weezer song "el scorcho".

"I took you to a green day concert, said you never heard of them, how cool is that?! so i went into your room, and read your diaryyyyyyyyyy"

someone might have posted this before but one of my favorite green day references is in the weezer song "el scorcho".

"I took you to a green day concert, said you never heard of them, how cool is that?! so i went into your room, and read your diaryyyyyyyyyy"

I have to listen to this! :woot:

Holy shit!

I just saw When I Come Around on MTV! :o

That is the first time I ever saw a video from before 21CB on tv.

And I didn't even recognize it until the drums kicked in D: I was like "woah that sounds like When I Come Around. No, impossible. *checks tv anyway*. Holy it is! :o:woot:"

Yes I know this should probably go in another thread but I'm too lazy to search and I say a Green Day song is a reference to Green Day, eh?

[/yet another boring story]

I have seen every video on tv.

I have seen every video on tv.

Lucky. The few (two) music channels we have suck ass. They only rarely play a video that isn't the artist's newest.

Archived