Green Day References

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching The Wire right now, and some inmates died from strychnine poisoning from tainted heroin. I of course immediately thought of good ol' Rev. Twitch :D

i saw an article a while back think it was rolling stones... anyways they said something about F.O.D, and it immediately caught my attention but then they were referring to funny-or-die.com

Foxboro Hot Tubs reference: I was watching a documetary about women who gave birth even though they didn't know they were pregnant, ( I dunno why either) and this one girl said she "was ready to stop, drop and roll." :teehee:

Once I was in a public toliet and on the door somebody had written, "st. Jimmy" and "+ 80." That made my day, :)

And in school a couple of years ago, these two girls were talking and I over heard their conversation.

Girl 1: "Who's Gimmie Hendrix?" (I assume she meant Jimi)

Girl 2: "I dunno, I think he's in green day."

I had a good laugh at that one.

lol @ those girls, people like that make me wanna kill myself. XD

Not so much of a reference but still funny. (well, it's not even funny. But still)

I made Billie, Mike and Tre Mii's on the Wii, and when we were playing today my sister (who's 10 and not a fan at all, she just knows some stuff because of me, mainly) decided to be Billie. So I played a baseball match (as my own Mii) against Billie and I lost. And then we played 2 tennis games Tre vs Billie. They both won once. Yay. /cool story

I saw an actual reference too but I kinda forgot it.

^Hahahahaha. Good job.

Gah, it's so bad that when I hear words like propaganda and infiltrate that I think of them.

^lol same here. im terrible XD

i thought of billie/fink - some kid was walking with those black and white striped socks :lol: well it made me laugh XD

not a reference, but I need someone to complain: NEITHER MY MOM NOR MY COUSINS UNDERSTAND THAT THE NETWORK IS GREEN DAY :lol: She just gave me the DVD, and doesn't understand why the fuck I wanted something of a band that wear masks xD

References... ehm.... oh, yeah! My little cousins were watching a movie. There was a character called "Billy", and they inmediatly thought of Billie :D I'm such a bad influence :lol:

I was looking at my brothers yearbook earlier and there were pictures from the school play which was Cinderella and the guy who played the king had Billie's king hat and cape on. I was like "Hey look! King For A Day!"

^ OMG! I need that crown... if they come here, and Billie gives it away (Because he'll be using it again xD), I need it :lol:

I just heard "See The Light" on CNN's Heroes program. Followed by Anderson Cooper appearing on screen. I about died. :D

There is a question in the music trivial pursuit game to name the Californian punks who won an award i think at the Brits (i don't remember the question properly) with the answer being Green Day. I got given that question- it was fate :D Though i guess it isn't that random what with it being a music game!

not a reference, but I need someone to complain: NEITHER MY MOM NOR MY COUSINS UNDERSTAND THAT THE NETWORK IS GREEN DAY :lol: She just gave me the DVD, and doesn't understand why the fuck I wanted something of a band that wear masks xD

My family pretty much assumed The Network were Green Day when they gave it :lol: They did ask it, but were like "oh yeah of course" when I told them xD

This is an exercise from my english workbook:

imagen2061.jpg

It says:

Write sentences about your favourite musicians and the instruments they play

The example: Tré Cool is the drummer in Green Day. He plays the drums really well

and I wrote: I concur xD besides it

We went last minute Christmas shopping the other day and I saw a girl with the exact same hat as Billie Joe, I just kept staring at it. I bought new pyjamas purely becuse "lights out" was written on them :P:

I just watched The Wedding Planner...it's set in San Francisco so they mentioned the Bay Area once or twice :D

And at one point, Matthew McConaughey said "UC Berkeley". I was like "Whheee, that's only a 40 minute walk from Billie's house!" :P

A couple of years ago I bought my sister a purse for her birthday, and whenever we buy each other a purse we always put a photo inside before wrapping it up. I put a nude Billie Joe photo in there.

Then, when I went take the price sticker off the purse's tag I noticed there was something else printed on there as well as the price - the word "Billie"! It was the name of the style/design of purse or something like that. SO weird and so brilliant :woot:

^me likey that pictuuurreee <3

not so random, but last weekend our friend wrote "Green Day" in the dust on the back window of our car. Now when I'm driving I keep looking in the rear-view mirror and seeing it there, cos I forget about it. Highlight of my day, lol

Oh, and my older sister, who is going on 25 yet has an incredibly childish obsession with toilet humour, has a sudden fixation with the word "dookie". So whenever she finds any kind of toilet joke, and believe me, it happens quite frequently she's always yelling out "Dookie!"

Kinda amuses me

Also kinda tedious lol. If it didn't remind me of Green Day I'd be slappin her face by now, hahaha

Archived