where were you when you heard your first GD song?

kazoo

mine was minority on the music channels probaly a few months before AI was released :D

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to tell where I were the first time I've listened to a GD song (I can't remember :huh: ) But I will tell the first time that a GD song meant something to me :cool:

I were in freshman year at my High school, and the elder students were taking control of the building, protesting aginst a school reform. They turn the gym into a club for a week: anyone could play, sing or do wathever he wanted. The music was playing all day long and suddenly Basket Case showed up :woot: I can remember all the guys going crazy, me included. For the first time in my life I tought that the fact that music can link people wasn't a clichè, i found out that I could share my ideals with other kids and fight for what i believe in. :)

I was on my comupter when i was 6 and i was on youtube then this very intresting video with a guy sitting on a bed with an acoustic guitar popped up. I thought this guy was cool (i never knew who green day was before). and instanly i was in love with this band. Thus a Green Day Fan was born. Good Riddance was also my first song learned on my guitar

I was 11 (2003) and on holiday in Whitby, whilst there i saw Dookie for £5, that was the rest of my holiday money so i was kind of risking it really because i had never actually heard any of their music, just heard a couple of my mates talk about them :P

And i loved it that much the next day i persuaded my dad to buy me Insomniac :)

I was 6 years old, and the first song I ever heard was Brat. My brother had a mixed cd with a couple of Green Day songs on it and i would take the cd and listen to it over and over and over again!

I can't remember the exact time, but I do remember watching C4 with my cousin and sister and American Idiot came on and I was like :wub: and my sister said "They're pretending to be goth..." and I said "What's goth" then she went into this very complex explaination that I can't remember.

And also when I was on holiday(a very long car ride) I only had a burnt CD of American Idiot(from my sister) and I would play that on repeat for the WHOLE car ride. : )

I was about 4/5. My mom had MTV on in our old living room when I lived in Las Vegas. They played the video for When I Come Around and I remember loving that song.

i was in grade 3 in 1998, and my teacher wanted to play us a song on acoustic guitar. She played 'Good Riddance'.

at the time i knew nothing of the marvelous band green day, and little did i know that in a few years time i would become such a massive fan of theirs.

however, i always remembered the lyrics 'i hope you had the time of your life' and when i realised in 2004 that it was green day's song, i couldn't believe it.

I was at home about 8.15am when I was about to go to college and I heard Boulevard of Broken Dreams on TV. I just fell in love with it and since then they have become my favourite band!

The funny thing is I used to love a pop band and I hated rock music. I heard American Idiot...and I thought "OMG so much make-up...i'll never like a band like that"

Now I cant believe I love them so much and they have changed my life!

I don't know which song it was but it was one off of Warning, just after it got released and got some radio airing. I was at home and had the radio on. Surprisingly, cause I actually never turn on a radio at all. Didn't payed attention to Green Day back then tho, but I can still remember that time

I may have heard them before this, but the first time I remember really taking notice of them was in about 95. I had a new baby, and I was in the living room walking the floor with him. I had turned on MTV just for something to stare at while I waited for the baby to hush, and Longview came on. It was instant love. :wub: Part of it was 'OMG, did he just say what I think he said!?', and I think I really fell in love with their sound right then due to the most awesome bass line in the history of music. :)

Sometime in the late 90's I remember hearing Basket Case (later on realized they were GD), Minority in some Music program here in Finland in 2000, and American Idiot in 2004 in Sweden actually.

Still, American Idiot (the song) on Christmas 2004 or 05 is what got me into it completely. Changed my life, no doubt. I was 13-14 in 2004-2005 (born late 1991)

I was 12 years old and we were having a school break. And some guys from my class put on ''Boulevard of Broken Dreams'' on. And I was in love.

I heard BOBD when I was 12 or 13. I was doing my homework when it came on the radio. And now when I'm thinking about it, I probably heard Minority when I was 8 or something, but I'm not sure.

i remember in 6th grade i heard brain stew on the radio in the parking lot of boomer's (that little theme park thing that used to be camelot)

i also remember that i always loved good riddance even before i was a green day fan and i would wait until it was on the radio and when it came on i just sat on my bed with the lights off and listened to it. im pretty much sure it was before middle school... probably 6th grade also

I think it was 2004 while doing my homework :huh: I always need noise in the back so i switched on TV and zapped and thougt "why is only shit on television" and then wmuwse began :)

I was about 4/5. My mom had MTV on in our old living room when I lived in Las Vegas. They played the video for When I Come Around and I remember loving that song.

Woow, so cool :). I wish I knew GD when I was 5 years old. Unluckily in this age I was listening to shitty disco-polo music, and I have to say I loved that... -_-"

Thanks God my music-taste has changed... :D

I was at home, watching a music video channel, and Good Riddance came on. This was a few months before American Idiot came out, and I thought Green Day was just a chubby solo guy with an acoustic guitar :P.

The first Green Day song I heard was Boulevard of Broken Dreams, but I don't know where I were. I just know it was that one because it was on the radio all the time.

I was in my bedroom and I had a music channel on, either the hits or TMF (I only had freeview :P) and BOBD came on and I listened and thought it was amazing. I then went straight on my computer and downloaded all the albums. :D

I think I was sitting at home, watching TV with my older cousin who flicked to MTV and Basket Case was playing. My Uncle was a huge fan, and he wasted no time in getting me hooked. I think I was about four/five years old. As I got older I drifted, then I heard Warning (the album) in 2003, and voila, a crazy super fan was born! Haha!

Archived