where were you when you heard your first GD song?

kazoo

I was in my room, watching MTV when Basket Case came on. I was totaly hoocked after I saw that video :lol: This was back in 1994 :wink: I was 16 years old!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the first time i heard them and saw them was the 2004 Grammys. I was in year 7 and there was a girl who liked Green Day too. She was always going on about them, so i decided to give them a try. Anyway i think the first time i saw them was Grammys on tv with all the explosions and stuff and it just blew me away.

Guest jetblackheart

I know I heard BOBD many times on the radio after the album came out, but I was too busy doing "other things" back then. :down: :/

My school used to have party/fundraiser things at Roller King and they would always play BOBD. I absolutly loved :wub: it the first time I heard it, but I couldn't figure out what song it was. I was probably 9 or 10.

i was at my grandad's house

on the computer listening to

the radio and American Idiot came

on all i remember is thinking`oh i like this one`

then turning it up really loud and jumpin up and down!

:)

I searched them up.

but I once heared Basket case when I was 5,and I loved it.

I'm really jealous now^^

ikr? It's kind of like my neighbor, I mentioned to him that I saw the guys this summer, and then he tells me that when he lived in the Bay Area back in the early '90s he'd seen them perform at the small shows pre-Reprise days. I got so jealous! :o

I heard BOBD at school in a slideshow. Little did I know that that seemingly insignificant day at school would change my life so much.

The first time I remeber... three years old... in our living room... um... dancing to Nimrod. :P

mmmh.....i think it was on the radio boulevard of broken dreams and i was sitting in my room...........ya pretty sure =)

I do not remember where I was, because I was just a little child.

But I know it was When I Come Around on the radio.

first day at secondary school(high school) i was 11, BOBD came on in the car

2nd september 2004, green day entered my life, and didn't leave! :')

haha

i only know the dte because it was my cousins 13th birthday, and my first day at schooool :')

lol

:)

ikr? It's kind of like my neighbor, I mentioned to him that I saw the guys this summer, and then he tells me that when he lived in the Bay Area back in the early '90s he'd seen them perform at the small shows pre-Reprise days. I got so jealous! :o

My best friend's neighbor was at a party with Green Day in the 90's.....she said after they were done playing the guys became really obnoxious and Billie began to proclaim "I am the greatest and I have the best fucking band ever!!!!"

its true

:lol:

but that kinda pissed me off a little :verymad: Billie was such an ass back in the day.....

deep in the mists of time 94 - Basket Case on Radio 1 i expect.. Also remember their first top of the pops (used to be the main weekly music show that ran down the charts pre-mtv and it was everybodys dream in a band to be on it) they were introduced by Eternal ( Louise :wub::D ) and played live from the states somewhere.

i was in a ski-lift in South Tyrol with my class (March 2006)

a friend sang Jesus Of Suburbia to me and from that day on i'm a Green Day fan :D

I remember posting something similar to this a while ago.. but anyway ;p

I actually can't remember the first time I heard a Green Day song.

Though I think it was When I Come Around, when I was watching tv, somewhere in 2004.

well the first time that I heard a GD song was on 2003.I was in my house I was watching tv and I saw the video clip "Minority".That was my first time...

"Minority".That was my first time...

This is starting to sound like the "when did you first have sex with Green Day?" thread :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was in the car on the way to visit my grandma when "Basketcase" started to play on the radio.

I was at home, and my cousin bought the Warning album over and skipped it to 'one I'd probably like' which was Minority. Never looked back since :wub:

1994 - I was hanging out with my friend and older cousin after school. "Longview" and "Basket Case" came on the radio, back to back. Completely blew our minds.

The first song I heard was Minority, I was most likely in my house and about 7 or 8. My brother used to buy tons of singles and every time he bought a new one I'd steal it :lol: Don't actually remember hearing it for the first time but I remember listening to it a lot after that.

I do remember the first time I heard American Idiot. They were playing it on Top of the Pops and when they said Green Day I got really excited cause I loved Minority but hadn't heard any of their other songs. Then they played it and was actually like, what the fuck, this is shit. And I remember complaining to my mum about it :lol: But I grew to like it.

Archived