J'net

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awww

it made me cry right now...

On September 23 will be 4th anniversary of my dad's death :(

I love this song so fucking much! It's kind of my personal song

When American Idiot came out, this was the song that got the most play on my iPod.

I really connected with it that year. Had a ton of shit going on in my life. Didn't know how to deal with it.

But this song was just so real that it calmed me every single time I listened to it.

God, I love this song. There was a period where I stopped listening to it because of all the hype/idiots at school who'd ask me if September had ended yet or say shit like, "Tell that guy from Green Day it's October!"

The first time I heard this song, I was eleven. I cried. A lot. No song had ever moved me that deeply before.

this song means a lot to me. my dad also passed when i was 10 years old so i was like "woah" when i first heard it and found out the meaning to the song. my dad was the one who really got me into music, especially rock so this song will always have a lot of meaning to me.

Such a beautiful song... Good choice for the Song of the Week.

I hate thinking about poor Billie losing his father... and especially when he was so young.

:(

'Here comes the rain again

Falling from the stars

Drenched in my pain again

Becoming who we are'

They're the lyrics that stand out the most to me in this song. They're so beautiful.

I love this song. I have since the very first time I heard it. I was 11 and I just felt like I found solace in it or something. I still do.

It makes me cry most of the times I hear it, so I often find myself not listening to it for awhile ~ Just because I don't want to deal with it, at that time. It's too painful.

But it really is a gorgeous song. <3

Even though I have never had anyone close to me die, I still find myself relating to the lyrics so very much.

I just wish this song never had to have been wrote.

Woo. I just listened it again, and I realized that, especially when I'm feeling emotional and really listen to the whole album (something I haven't done in quite some time), this song hits me like a brick. Whew. Beautiful, really. <3

(haha, this must be the 2nd or 3rd time I post in this thread xD)

Woo. I just listened it again, and I realized that, especially when I'm feeling emotional and really listen to the whole album (something I haven't done in quite some time), this song hits me like a brick. Whew. Beautiful, really. <3

I was really touched to read these comments from Billie's mom and sister after the opening of the show yesterday (in the RollingStone.com review).

Amidst these festivities, Armstrong’s sister and mother, Anna and Ollie Armstrong, provided emotional back story to the triumphant event.

“Today was the 27th anniversary of the death of Billie Joe’s dad,” Ollie confided between motherly exclamations of pride. “We visited his gravestone today.”

“There are lines in the songs that specifically refer to our hometown or to our dad,” Anna elaborated, alluding in part to “Wake Me Up When September Ends,” Armstrong’s confrontation of the trauma inflicted by their father’s death when he and Anna were 10 and 14. “The show is particularly meaningful for us because we know where it comes from.”

^ Yeah, I read that too...(a couple of minutes before WMUWSE started, actually)

it's really ... don't really know what to say. was touched indeed, i guess....

I was really touched to read these comments from Billie's mom and sister after the opening of the show yesterday (in the RollingStone.com review).

Amidst these festivities, Armstrong’s sister and mother, Anna and Ollie Armstrong, provided emotional back story to the triumphant event.

“Today was the 27th anniversary of the death of Billie Joe’s dad,” Ollie confided between motherly exclamations of pride. “We visited his gravestone today.”

“There are lines in the songs that specifically refer to our hometown or to our dad,” Anna elaborated, alluding in part to “Wake Me Up When September Ends,” Armstrong’s confrontation of the trauma inflicted by their father’s death when he and Anna were 10 and 14. “The show is particularly meaningful for us because we know where it comes from.”

I just cried.

:cry:

I swear my eyes have tears.

This song is so sad for Billie!!

And the video is sad too!!

Yesterday I cried when it begans to play on my Ipod!!

:blink: My boyfriend told me that he will quit school and go to army!! :cry:

I cried all night long!!

I feel so confused!!

--

But I still love this beautiful and meaningful song!! :wub:

I haven't listened to this song in such a long time. I don't know, I just listened to it and I felt my eyes get a little watery for some reason. I hardly get this emotional. :lol:

Oh God, I agree. It's an emotional song no matter when you hear it, but within the context of the rest of American Idiot, well, I can't think of any other way to describe it other than like you said, hitting me like a brick.

This was probably the one song I wish they would've done on the 21CB tour that they didn't (not that it took away from me enjoying the show immensely), because it is so powerful and emotional (although that's probably why they omitted it).

Archived