How do you feel about the fans singing on stage?

SOMERTEN

the other night a girl went on stage and just started crying, Billie Joe hugged her and song the rest of the song with his arm around her while she just sobbed in his shoulder. i started tearing up because i know that's what i would probably end up doing as well.

true, sometimes i wish i could hear a song how its supposed to be, but since they do invite people up- that means that there's a chance i might be on that stage with them one day :lol:

I also admit that I would probably end up crying if I got up on that stage! But what you said is how I feel...overall it's such a small part of the concert experience that I'm not overly bothered by it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only time I don't like it is when the people they bring up don't even know the damn words. I get so mad, its like wtf, you don't deserve to be up there.

Sometimes it's just the excitement of being up on stage and the nerves.

I would probably freak out.

Sometimes it's just the excitement of being up on stage and the nerves.

I would probably freak out.

For me, I thought I would do the same.

But like, when you get up there, and hug Billie, he's got like something about him that makes you feel really comfortable.

Comfortable enough to like grab that mic and sing.

I'm actually excited and happy for those people. I wouldn't have the guts to come on stage and sing in front of hundreds of people, not to mention I'm a terrble singer :P

The only time I don't like it is when the people they bring up don't even know the damn words. I get so mad, its like wtf, you don't deserve to be up there.

Oh come on, even Billie forgets his own lyrics :D

But I know what you mean, though I'd most likely mess up the words too :P

It's too predictable now. Better think of something better, guys!

It's more like Green Day tradition to me.

It's cool they stick to their lilttle old show traditions and add something new at the same time :)

Most people seem to love it I guess, which is fine by me if that's what people like.

I still can't get my head round the fact it is all a bit American Idol and I am really not interested in listening to fans singing out of tune, I find it a bit corny. It's not a question of jealousy as someone mentioned. I have heard some people say they wouldn't get up there if they were picked. I hate the thought of somebody murdering JOS.

See to me it's the opposite of something like American Idol. It's not about being judged for your singing or trying to show off what a polished singer you are - it's all just purely for fun!

Green Day have been letting people get up on stage to sing with them and bringing 'corny' fun into their shows since they were teenagers. That spirit of having no divide between audience and performer and everyone joining in and having a laugh is the essence of a Green Day gig to me.

See to me it's the opposite of something like American Idol. It not about being judged for your singing or trying to show off what a polished singer you are - it's all just purely for fun!

Green Day have been letting people get up on stage to sing with them and bringing 'corny' fun into their shows since they were teenagers. That spirit of having no divide between audience and performer and everyone joining in and having a laugh is the essence of a Green Day gig to me.

This

Archived