Any word on the GA crowds on tour?

GriGriDC

I have no idea what the mosh will be like here, but I'm 5'1 and shit scared haha.

Doesn't sound too bad and will definitely be worth every second!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm shit scared too *nervous laugh*. It doesn't help that I hate being in crowds. But I'll just have to toughen up I guess.

hah reading this thread makes me want to dive head-first into st.Jimmy's pit. (lmao that sounded SO wrong).

i like the idea of secutiry handing out water, i can tell it gets really hot in there, especially in smaller venues.

and i think it's actually a lot calmer than other shows. nobody wants to hurt others at a green day show, after all, we're the best kind of fans.

(oh and being 5'7 and 146 lbs, i know i could handle myself. to those small lightweight girls, i wish you good luck- maybe go with a big guy.).

Actually I can't imagine a good punkrock/alternative rock show where nobody moshes! This is also what I'm looking forward to: Moshing to Green Day songs while trying to sing along. :D

I was at the barricade right in front of the catwalk at the Boston show and really all that was going on in the pit was a lot of jumping up and down (it gets a bit hectic during songs like "Know Your Enemy", "St. Jimmy", and "Jaded"). Overall, I'd say the pit was rather tame... People behind me were actually yelling at people for pushing them so there was hardly any moshing going on -- and if it was, it was stopped real fast. As long as you move around (I hated the few people who were just standing there) and don't let people take advantage of you, the pit is great. I had an awesome time. Although having no water does suck a bit, but it's totally worth it.

So how is crowd reaction during songs?

Does the entire crowd like to sing every song, similar to the Bullet In A Bible show?

That crowd was rad.

well theres gonna be weed and some people running around in circles and running into everyone, random crowd surfers to look out for or youll get kicked in the face but other than that everyones pretty cool

Just hope to god you don't get bitchy teenage girls with their hick fathers or two aggressive fat chicks and their drunk boyfriends. lol the crowd looks pretty good actually I just picked the wrong side :(. But hey don't let anyone ruin your show. It's YOUR experience. The crowd is very active and for the most party looks like they are having a hell of a time.

Archived