When was the first time you went to a Green Day concert?

Sharmellow

I would have seen them September 1, 2005 at Giants Stadium, but that kind of fell through and my older brother wound up going, even though he doesn't listen to Green Day.

But I'll be seeing them for the first time this upcoming Tuesday. :happy:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 22, 2009 at the Mellon Arena.

Definitely the best night of my life.

EDIT: I was 16. (duh)

I was 19 I think. It was Asbury Park NJ, June 2001. It was only a week or two before I bought GDA.com.

Total now is 8.

Well I saw the Hot Tubs last year. If that counts. And I saw GD film Carson Daly, and the KROQ breakfast show. But those weren't real full concerts. My first real one is August 25th :)

November 2004 at the Civic center in SF. It was a lovely time.

Nimrod tour, 1998. My first mosh pit experience, got a Doc Martin in the back of the head. Ouch!!!!!! Totally worth it. Those were the days of Billie Joe singing "King For A Day" in a leopard thong. LOL!!!!!

I was $7 short of seeing them Sept. 5th, 05 in Ottawa, but my mom wouldn't lend me the money :cry:

That's terrible! That's worse than mine, I got sick. I was supposed to go on May 17, 2005 at Winnipeg. :(

July 3 2009.

Wish like *hell* I'd been able to go see them live sooner, but life's bullshit just didn't allow for it. Now that I've been though, I will NEVER miss them again when they come near here. I even entered a contest to win tickets for their show in LA...even though I have no clue how I'd get there if I won. :lol: I'm just dying to see them again.

december 7, 1995 - houston.

fuck what a great show. and the riverdales opened....fuckin eh. i just learned recently that they had filmed the brainstew and jaded videos 2 days prior....just a fun tidbit for me...

July 17th, 2009 :wub:

I was $7 short of seeing them Sept. 5th, 05 in Ottawa, but my mom wouldn't lend me the money :cry:

thats no excuse, you can panhandle 7 bux outside the gig!

ps - your mom's a cunt for that.

3rd of July 2005 Gothenburg, Sweden.

I was 17 at the time.

december 7, 1995 - houston.

fuck what a great show. and the riverdales opened....fuckin eh. i just learned recently that they had filmed the brainstew and jaded videos 2 days prior....just a fun tidbit for me...

thats no excuse, you can panhandle 7 bux outside the gig!

ps - your mom's a cunt for that.

Why does the C word always make me go :o then giggle :D

'cause its a funny word when you think about it.

i dunno why some (most?) chicks get so uptight over it. at least on this side of the atlantic...

Guest Shangri-La

jaymee, my darling. there were 20,000 people at the shows, or more if they were playing stadiums, and you couldn't scrounge up $7 before the show?? That's what melons are for.

anyway.. i was 15 :)

'cause its a funny word when you think about it.

i dunno why some (most?) chicks get so uptight over it. at least on this side of the atlantic...

Cunt is not offensive

December 16, 1995 during the Insomniac tour. I was 14. I will never forget that show. To this day I still remember the very first song they played (Stuart and the Avenue). I've been to at least one show (and a few times twice) for every album since Insomniac. I see myself continuing this tradition for a LONG time to come.

I was 11 last time they toured here, so 26th Rocktober will be my first. I'm kinda glad I didn't see them in 05, because I would have to be seated, and I didn't have all their albums yet, so this time will be more special.

I was 15 and it was in my home town, Milton Keynes Bowl, Saturday 18th June 2005

October 30th, 2004

Also happened to be my first concert evahhhh

:happy:

Your avatar made me laugh out loud for an extended period of time holy crap! :thumbsup:

July 3 2009.

Now that I've been though, I will NEVER miss them again when they come near here. I even entered a contest to win tickets for their show in LA...even though I have no clue how I'd get there if I won. :lol: I'm just dying to see them again.

I'm the same way! I keep entering all of these contests to see them in NYC or Philly even though I don't know if I could get a hotel in those cities! And I know I will have to make it a point to see them in any future shows.

i saw them on 11/9/95

December 16, 1995 during the Insomniac tour. I was 14. I will never forget that show. To this day I still remember the very first song they played (Stuart and the Avenue). I've been to at least one show (and a few times twice) for every album since Insomniac. I see myself continuing this tradition for a LONG time to come.

they really played stuart and the ave? i saw a pretty generic insomniac set. armatage shanks, brat, stuck with me, geek stink breath, brain stew/jaded, and walking contradiction (i think).

Archived