Next Music Video

MusicalDeviant

I think the next two singles are definitely going to be 21 Guns and EJN. Although I would love to see Before The Lobotomy, Song of the Century/21stCBD and Murder City singles/videos. For the final single or video I'm hoping for American Eulogy or See The Light. I agree with what people are saying, I do not want another WMUWSE video for 21 guns. It needs to be something much more simple while still getting the anti-violence and anti-war message clearly out there to the world. It'll be interesting to see what they can do with EJN, and how MTV, 13 year old fangirls of boulevard, and the Catholic church responds to it :D

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say set East Jesus Nowhere in a church, with them trashing the place while church-goers watch in horror.

They should pick Random fans to be in it too!

21 guns I hope not...I see another Wake Me up when september ends mini flick. I didn't like that vid.....

I want an American Eulogy video. I was thinking it could be all epic and end with that picture of Christian and Gloria kissing on the car with the burning city behind them... and maybe they could make a See the Light vid next and do a Holiday and BOBD thing and connect the two.

That would be pretty awesome.

If Lobotomy isnt a single Id be pissed off.

But the best songs for videos would be Jesus, Horseshoes and maybe Static Age? I can imagine a Holiday like video, but brighter with light blues and yellows, driving in a busted up car.

Meh

Considering we now have proof that someone in the Green Day team reads GDA (and even possibly GDC), I figure it would be in everyone's best interest to find out which song the fans would want to be made into the next video

In addition, what would you want each video to have? What would you want to see portrayed in new videos?

If anyone should be giving green day advice on what we want to see in their videos, it should be from the people that respect them the most.

Because we know their music nearly as well as they do, I figure that many of you would have ideas for what you think would work for the music, and for the band.

I'll start.

I think for a potential "East Jesus Nowhere" video, it should have a parade sort of deal (yes, like Minority) at some point.

I think the boys should don their priest outfits for the video that we have all so sorely missed. But they should be bad-assed, wearing sunglasses and such. Grey filtering for the camera, so things appear edgier and grittier.

I think it would be fantastic to have the "Pope" going around with ear-muffs, an eye-shade on, and duct-tape over his mouth as he walks by victims of tragedies that the Catholic church has either caused or remained silent in. In this instance, I figure people dressed up as Holocaust prisoners, standing beside African aborigines that have red AIDS ribbons painted on them.

I think a great scene would be a priest going up to a happy gay couple with two kids, punching out both parents, and then looking down at the kids with a seedy grin, later referenced in the video by a brief shot of the kids being chased around by the priest.

Also, I imagine a scene with Mike taking a hose hooked up to a tank labeled "holy water" and spraying a bunch of hot girls (wearing crosses) in a very sexy way, to reinforce the hypocrisy of the church. And some girls dancing with Crucifixes.

This is disgusting.

Look, EJN was not meant to be an exclusive attack on Christianity/Catholicism. What about Muslims? What about them going into cafes and churches, places of worship, schools, and blowing themselves up and everyone around them in the name of God ('you're a sacrificial suicide, like a dog that's been sodomized')? What of them? What about making horrible fun of that sort of shit? Huh? And the fundamentalists who marry eight times girls who are just children, and having eight babies that none of the mothers can call their own. The few, the proud of each denomination, each religion, each cult, that seem to represent the entire bunch of them. Right? Yeah. Let's do that, let's BE FAIR, right? For fuck's sake. Let's not bother trying to say something, trying to change anything, let's just offend and blaspheme and disrespect Christians of all faiths, never mind anyone else. That's not what the song is about. And I don't think they should do anything resembling this, toward anyone, of any faith...

Okay, anyway, sorry for that rant... just hit me wrong... The way I, personally, see EJN is something sort of apocalyptic. Mostly a performance video with all kinds of wild shit going on all around them. And toward the end, when that quiet 'the sirens of decay will infiltrate the iiiinsiiiiide' and then that 'YEEEEEEEEAAAAH!' with Billie's arms outstretched, wind blowing his hair and coat back and debris whipping up all around him and the band (maybe him dressed up as Sheriff Billie Joe or all of them dressed as priests, either way). Hell yeah. THAT is awesome. Screw all those other Sam Bayer-like dramatics, let the song speak for itself and let people draw their own conclusions. Apocalyptic performance video ftw! lol

Hmm.

I think 21 Guns is going to be the next single. Probably.

It's a great song, but I honestly would rather see a video for East Jesus Nowhere.

I think if they just recorded the band playing on top of a church and did something sort of similar to the BYOB video, you know with a ton of zoned out, mindless people marching or something.. I don't know, I'd have to think about it more..

I like that idea. And then it'll all swirl into chaos towards the end, maybe the mindless zombies are waking up, taking their own minds into their own hands, thinking for themselves. Just... Waking up, yeah :happy: And then the shit hits the fan, and everything goes nuts lol

No, 21 Guns should NOT be all dramatic ala Sam Bayer. No no no. It's too beautiful of a song for that. Well, so was WMUWSE. But they have a chance to really make something touching and beautiful out of 21 Guns, and I hope they do.

American eulogy

Starting Listen A Old Radio

after going to old TV

And After Green Day palyng Live

with a modern warfare cenes

and show a caos and tragedy of century

filmed in new york and turistic points

and... i dont know more ..aueheuheauassoksapoaskaspoksaopas

This is disgusting.

Look, EJN was not meant to be an exclusive attack on Christianity/Catholicism. What about Muslims? What about them going into cafes and churches, places of worship, schools, and blowing themselves up and everyone around them in the name of God ('you're a sacrificial suicide, like a dog that's been sodomized')? What of them? What about making horrible fun of that sort of shit? Huh? And the fundamentalists who marry eight times girls who are just children, and having eight babies that none of the mothers can call their own. The few, the proud of each denomination, each religion, each cult, that seem to represent the entire bunch of them. Right? Yeah. Let's do that, let's BE FAIR, right? For fuck's sake. Let's not bother trying to say something, trying to change anything, let's just offend and blaspheme and disrespect Christians of all faiths, never mind anyone else. That's not what the song is about. And I don't think they should do anything resembling this, toward anyone, of any faith...

I don't really see how his video idea would be an attack on all Christians. From what he wrote, it would be an attack on the hypocritical and damaging elements of the church - the Pope's stance on contraception, the homophobia that still exists within the church, and the general hypocrisy within it. There's nothing against ordinary Christians in his description.

I agree the song isn't just about the Christian church though, it's all of them.

I CHOOSE THE NEXT VIDEO TO BE MURDER CITY. THEY CAN BE IN A CITY... WITH MURDER.

I don't really see how his video idea would be an attack on all Christians. From what he wrote, it would be an attack on the hypocritical and damaging elements of the church - the Pope's stance on contraception, the homophobia that still exists within the church, and the general hypocrisy within it. There's nothing against ordinary Christians in his description.

I agree the song isn't just about the Christian church though, it's all of them.

I think it would be fair to throw in some women with burquas, some suicide bombers, some negative jewish figures (really can't think of any).

I think it would be fair to throw in some women with burquas, some suicide bombers, some negative jewish figures (really can't think of any).

Sounds good! Anyway I'm guessing Christianity is what Green Day have personally experienced, and we know it was a Christening that ended up inspiring the song, so I don't think your going for the Christian church was particularly unfair.

Sounds good! Anyway I'm guessing Christianity is what Green Day have personally experienced, and we know it was a Christening that ended up inspiring the song, so I don't think your going for the Christian church was particularly unfair.

In the US, the Christian church (the baptists, mormons, and the born-agains) have been such assholes with their regards to their imposition of religion upon the population. So I think Christian church should be the main focus of the video, and I too believe its the main-focus of the song. Though I think there its also a denouncement of religious extremism in general.

In the US, the Christian church (the baptists, mormons, and the born-agains) have been such assholes with their regards to their imposition of religion upon the population. So I think Christian church should be the main focus of the video, and I too believe its the main-focus of the song. Though I think there its also a denouncement of religious extremism in general.

Yeah, I think the main message is against extremism of any religion, the "faith fanatics". But they happen to live in a predominantly Christian country so naturally that's what they must've had on their mind. Hell I've seen Billie say he has a "fetish for Christianity" in THREE different interviews now :lol:

Yeah, I think the main message is against extremism of any religion, the "faith fanatics". But they happen to live in a predominantly Christian country so naturally that's what they must've had on their mind. Hell I've seen Billie say he has a "fetish for Christianity" in THREE different interviews now :lol:

He did coin a particularly wonderful line. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses it more in the future.

I hope some of that fetish can come through in the video.

He did coin a particularly wonderful line. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses it more in the future.

I hope some of that fetish can come through in the video.

I'm already looking out for it :D

If they don't release this song I'll have to have some stern words with them.

I'm already looking out for it :D

If they don't release this song I'll have to have some stern words with them.

I bet they will.

But who knows what they'll do, they can be unpredictable.

Just like the JOS video, with a "20" minute mini movie following Christian And Gloria. But the video would be animated, like the story is told on a brick wall, that would blow my mind :D

not saying that it would make a good single, but if they dare make Last Night on Earth a video, they better put adie in it.

(preferably wearing that same outfit from the old picture with her & billie on a bed...rrrrrawr!)

I second that! xD

Everytime I listen to EJN I just imagine them playing in some kind of Satinist (sp?) church for some reason... and then in the 'YEEEEEEEEAAAAH!' part at the end I can picture Billie on his knees with his arms outstreched; sort of like at the end of tghe Holiday video but a bit more dramatic.

I had a really cool idea for an Are We the Waiting video in which the guys are playing in the middle of a plaza. Slowly, as their faces flash on screen and go from preoccupied to enraptured, people (it's the peoples faces) slowly start filtering in around the guys and chant along with them. Slowly, it's revealed that they aren't even aware the band is there. They are all looking at the sky and the very end of the video shows St. Jimmy in skywriting.

I think it could be adapted for East Jesus Nowhere: Essentially the guys are playing in an empty plaza again with a church behind them. A large statue of Jesus on the cross is present above the door (and the band). Slowly you start seeing these religious people and politicians doing different "sins," sex, drugs, lying, whatever but they again are drawn to the band as the tempo picks up and they run to the band. They start praying and doing Hail Marys and whatnot, seemingly to Jesus. Towards the end of the song though, they are all up on their feet, singing and dancing to the song, somewhere around the "I want to know who's allowed to breed," part. It would reinforce the hypocrisy part and to me it would also be these people listening to what Green Day is saying about their hypocrisy.

I second that! xD

Everytime I listen to EJN I just imagine them playing in some kind of Satinist (sp?) church for some reason... and then in the 'YEEEEEEEEAAAAH!' part at the end I can picture Billie on his knees with his arms outstreched; sort of like at the end of tghe Holiday video but a bit more dramatic.

As long as NO eyeliner is involved, I'm all for it.

East Jesus Nowhere or 21 Guns..

but video for 21 Guns would probably end up like wake me up.. so I say East Jesus Nowhere :wub:

Yeah!,I thought that too,it's an "Anti-War Anthem" :D

I think it could be adapted for East Jesus Nowhere: Essentially the guys are playing in an empty plaza again with a church behind them. A large statue of Jesus on the cross is present above the door (and the band). Slowly you start seeing these religious people and politicians doing different "sins," sex, drugs, lying, whatever but they again are drawn to the band as the tempo picks up and they run to the band. They start praying and doing Hail Marys and whatnot, seemingly to Jesus. Towards the end of the song though, they are all up on their feet, singing and dancing to the song, somewhere around the "I want to know who's allowed to breed," part. It would reinforce the hypocrisy part and to me it would also be these people listening to what Green Day is saying about their hypocrisy.

I dig this idea.

Please no more videos interrupted by annoying characters talking through it, I loved how Know Your Enemy was everything a video for a song that simple yet effective should be. Just a performance in a cool location with fire. That's all they needed for that video. The video for Boulevard and Holiday were both quite good, but the whole mini-movie idea was just annoying, especially for Wake Me Up. I could understand it for JOS because it was a long song with many parts it almost demanded a whole backstory to the video as well. I honestly just turn Wake Me Up off whenever it comes on, I can't stand it. It's worse when they play the full unedited version. "I can't believe you did this! I'm never gonna leave you" play us the fuckin song man!

I can honestly see a video for Last of the American Grils. It wax the one song that immediately brought images to my mind since it's so visual and descriptive itself. They could practically just follow along with the lyrics have a girl doing all the stuff in the video and then maybe flash to them playing on and off. Almost like Warning sort of. I dunno. I just could picture a girl walking and doingall the things in the song throughout the video.

I could imagine a music video for East Jesus Nowhere. When I think of this song, I think of a huge church. And in two seperate rooms of the church, there are a nun and priest. They are participating in a bible class with children, and teaching them what is right and wrong in the Christian viewpoint. And once the children leave, they both start indulging in things that aren't acceptable in the Christian standard. (For example, the nun could grab her secret girlfriend from under the desk where she was hiding, and then they could start making out on it, and the priest could be smoking a joint or having some 'shrooms.) And amongist this, the rooms the nun and priest are in can slowly start smoking and sparking behind them. And then, another nun and priest walk into the two rooms and catch the once wholesome nun and priest giving into their seperate temptations. And when this happens, the church literally collapses to the ground at that very moment to reveal the outside world and everybody else who are doing things not accepted by the Christian standard. And that's when we see our favorite guys playing, and leading the crowd to commit the sins and breakaway from the bullshit lies and deception of religion. And at the end, the 2nd nun and priest who caught the 1st nun and priest rip off their church uniforms to reveal regular clothes. Then, the priest smokes a cigar and shares it with the nun.

I can also see a video for ¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl). It could start off with a small version of Gloria who commits a little felony (such as stealing a candy bar), and lying about it later on. Then, time laspes foward to Gloria, who is now a teen, and has been lying her whole life, to her family and friends. And she is, at the current moment, using a guy (possibly Christian) because she is desperate and wants sex. And one day, the guy figures out that this girl has been using him for months. And when he finds out, all hell breaks loose. He tells everyone who knows Gloria. (Family, friends, etc.) And Gloria's facade of a life collapses. It's at this point when we see her once seemingly good life fall apart. And throughout the video, we see the effects that the lies have taken on Gloria. Her family disowns her. Her ex-friends write 'Gloria Must Die' on a brick wall. (And only people who know the story of people who wrote 'Billie Joe Must Die' on a wall will get the subtle refrence.) So, at this point, Gloria is homeless, and has to rely on the Salvation Army for help. And when Gloria sleeps at night, she can only dream of the guy that she used laughing at her, mocking her, and saying, "You dirty liar. You're just a junkie preaching to the choir". It's at that point where Gloria realizes that she has fucked up. So, one night, she decides to run back to her home town. But when she gets there, she finds that the town has been abandoned, and that she can never have forgiveness for her mistakes. She falls to the ground and cries, secretly pleading for a second chance that she knows she can't have. And during the entire music video, the guy who was used is watching Gloria suffer. And he loves it. He loves knowing that she has to suffer now, and he's absorbing every moment of her fuckup with pleasure. And GD can also be seen throughout the video playing on top of a tall building in Gloria's hometown at night amongist a heavy rainstorm, complete with thunder and lightning.

Archived