Y'Know?

The Grateful Green

^That's just your voice changing from your child voice to your adult voice, it's just settling in so it might break and go high sometimes. It happens to loads of teenagers and you'll grow out of it naturally.

Billie Joe seems to have a lot of respect for words so he likes to express himself accurately, especially when talking about his music. So he takes his time to choose his words carefully, and the y'knows in between are the result. Long live the y'knows :happy:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind it when people use "you know" as a sentence filler (such as "um" or "uh", etc.), but Billie ACTUALLY expects you to know! He often will be asked a question and say "Because it's like, well, you know..." and then go off into something else that has nothing to do with the question! Gah, it bugs me.

Haha aww, I didn't find it so much funny as I found it cute :P I love it when people have little quirks like that. =]

video won't work =[

but I don't really mind because the y'know drives me insane!!!

Sometimes I can't even concentrate on the interview and what he is saying because I can't stop thinking about how annoying it is. haha.

it's cute. but really damn annoying.

haha. its so funny!

its weird how he says that soo much!

haha.

can't stop laughing! :woot:

Hahah.. I love these videos xD

:lol:

ohh.. Billie :wub:

no one else says Y'know the way he does.. He makes the words "You Know" sound amazing!

Saying "y'know" really is just a filter in between words, before you know what you're going to say next...usually used more often when trying to think of how to answer a question or explaining something to someone.

I bet you could put a youtube clip together of me saying the word "like" a million times.

I love it. It was so cute. I love the end. No i don't know

what do you think if i tell billie he says ya know too much

im going to see him at the end of the month

I love those videos. It really does show how much he actually says it xD It's a bad habit for him, i'm sure.

My friend and I actually made something similiar to that, but It's a lot longer lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI83YjWjX8A

I saw a couple of other ones as well. There's quite a few. xD

i never get why everyone goes on about it. most people do similar things when they talk. i often say 'like' or 'y'know' in conversation. just force of habit, really.

^Well I only go on about it because I like it :lol:, both because it's cute and for the reason he does it. He's an eloquent bloke and he chooses his words really carefully in interviews, he takes his time over it. While he's taking that time to phrase things exactly how he wants a lot of y'knows slip out.

There's nothing wrong with it at all, it just shows he cares about his music enough to really think carefully when he's asked about it instead of blurting out the first thing that pops into his head. Just one of the many little things that makes him who he is, which is probably why I enjoy it :D

Archived