American Eulogy

J'net

American eulogy is my favourite song from the new album.

Especially love the 2nd part where Mike sings :)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it isn't my favorite song on the album, I find that it's the one that without fail, I sing along with it!

I love Billie, but it's also great to hear Mike! The overlap is fantastic live.

This!

'American Eulogy' is my favorite song off of 21CB.

I can't find one thing wrong with it. It's fantastic.

:wub:

This!

'American Eulogy' is my favorite song off of 21CB.

I can't find one thing wrong with it. It's fantastic.

:wub:

i totally agree with you there. im totally obsessed with it at the moment. i think it is the most exciting off the album if that makes sense...

does anyone else think that billies vocals during the verses of modern world sound, 'different', somehow.

con't put my finger on it, probably just the way it is mixed.

does anyone else think that billies vocals during the verses of modern world sound, 'different', somehow.

:lol:

(if you were being serious then you probably didn't know it's Mike who sings them)

AHAHAHA YES! i never thought anyone else would ever point that out XD

i think it is the most exciting off the album if that makes sense...

yes it does...a lot of sense.....kinda feel the same about it

god...american eulogy is just amazing...best song on 21stCB together with EJN...

and...MIKE ROCKS!!!

:lol:

(if you were being serious then you probably didn't know it's Mike who sings them)

bugger.

i meant mass hysteria.

My point still stands! :P

I was listening to "Deadbeat Holiday" right before "American Eulogy" came on (iPod was on shuffle) and it sounded the same and I let my sister listen to it. she just said: "they're aloud to rip themselves off right??"

made me lol

While it isn't my favorite song on the album, I find that it's the one that without fail, I sing along with it!

uhhh so it is mike! i thought it was, but never got round to looking it up. he sounds awesome! his parts are probably my fave parts of the song :happy:

i totally agree with you there. im totally obsessed with it at the moment. i think it is the most exciting off the album if that makes sense...

It is! Some people say that 21 Guns is the most epic song on the album, but I think American Eulogy is. I love how it's quiet in the beginning, and then it just explodes into, "Mass hysteri-aaaa!" And then it gets quiet, loud, quiet, loud. And the ending is so perfect, and it's amazing live. And Mike sings! That alone makes the song brilliant.

I just think it's a remarkable song.

The first verse of American Eulogy just plain NAILS the sorry-ass excuse of a health care "debate" currently going on in this country.

Red alert is the color of panic

Elevated to the point of static

Beating into the hearts of the fanatics

And the neighborhood's a loaded gun

Idle thought leads to full-throttle screaming

And the welfare's asphyxiating

Mass confusion is all the new rage

And that's creating a feeding ground

For the bottom feeders of hysteria

It is! Some people say that 21 Guns is the most epic song on the album, but I think American Eulogy is. I love how it's quiet in the beginning, and then it just explodes into, "Mass hysteri-aaaa!" And then it gets quiet, loud, quiet, loud. And the ending is so perfect, and it's amazing live. And Mike sings! That alone makes the song brilliant.

I just think it's a remarkable song.

ahhh i totally agree!!!!!! AE is BY FAR the most epic! 21 guns is really boring tbh, like its a good song to fall asleep or relax to

the thing about this song that makes me laugh is how billie says 'hsy-stare-ia' at the end.

I'd say that the most epic tracks on the album are "21st Century Breakdown", "Before The Lobotomy", "East Jesus Nowhere", and "American Eulogy".

But I've been really digging this one ever since I saw it live in New York last month. I mean, this video just makes me relive it.

I'd say that the most epic tracks on the album are "21st Century Breakdown", "Before The Lobotomy", "East Jesus Nowhere", and "American Eulogy".

But I've been really digging this one ever since I saw it live in New York last month. I mean, this video just makes me relive it.

">

the effects they have live during this song are amazing. i grow insanely jealous every time i see them

Thanks Vanilla Shake for posting that video - I was there, too!

You know, I didn't fully appreciate this song when I first heard it, but after being lucky enough to see it played live twice - I love it. It's on my "must-listen" list when skimming through 21CB. I love it, love it, love it.

I used to really be on the "EJN as the next single" bandwagon, and lately, I've been thinking this would be a better single, because while EJN is amazing, I think the lyrics in this song are even better, and the song is catchier.

Archived