Restless Heart Syndrome

J'net

This song is very personal for me, because I found myself relying on a number of over the counters and a seriously heavy prescription I had gotten. I ended up using it really irresponsibly, and I'm lucky I didn't die. The line "Lord knows I tried to find a way to run away" pretty much sums up my experience.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of my top favorite songs

I'm addicted to it (yay puns)

I like the title too

Pretty sure this is my favourite song on 21stCB, it's just amazing, everything about it, it's really difficult to explain, it's just perfect.

only thing I'm still oblivious about is "lord knows...."

Isn't that just a term?

Ive never been emotional listening to Green Day, but when I first listened to this song it became my favorite on the album and I always feel really emotional whenever I listen to it.

Love this song! Its really different for Green Day. This is another one I hope is a single

I love the sort of "dramatic" piano at the beginning. I also love how the song slowly progresses, and then explodes. I think that's a great metaphor. :)

^ thats what i wanted to say. at the beginning every thing seems good and calm then it turns into very protest theme that want to make anybody enemy with himself and the other one.

I don't know if I can really describe how much I love this song, it just give me chills everytime I listen to it...

Although I love that song, I hope it won't be a single, because I'm afraid of being sick of it if it's everywhere on radio, tv...

This is my favorite song on the album, and probably top 5 best Green Day song ever.

However, unlike most of you, I like the song the most before the last part where it gets heavy. It is almost hypnotic until that point.

I love that song it was the first one I loved.

Amazing song. Love Billie Joe's voice especially, with all the falsetto and then the way he almost growls "so what ales you, is what impales you" near the end.

I thought it should have been chosen as the single instead of 21 Guns also. :ninja:

the last part of the song, mostly instrumental, the one right after the 'know your enemy' really moves me.

also, its taken me a long time for the song to grow on me, maybe subconsciiously i made myself able to relate to it though....kind of weird.

my favorite lines are:

"i think they found another cure, for broken hearts and feeling insecure. you'd be suprised what i endure, what makes you feel so self assured?"

"i feel like i've been crusified to be satisfied"

"im a victim, of the system, i am my own worst enemy."

Those lines are my absolute favorites too, not trying to steal them from you lol

This song has been on my top since i first heard it... It was slow but as it picked up a bit I really enjoyed how much this song really shook my core if that makes any sense lol I can't explain it :unsure: it might just be the lyrics and how they flow flawlessly through this song... I'm so glad they decided to finish this song!

brilliant song. i don't understand why a lot of people don't like it. it's easily one of my favorites.

A bit slow in most of it, but nontheless a great song. I love the solo and the ending, it reminds me of BOBD. :D

i absolutely love this song! especially at "i feel like i've been crucified to be satisfied..." and (even more) at "lord knows i tried to find a way to run away....". plus i like when he says "know your enemy" even if im not a huge KYE song. kinda reminds me of Homecoming when he says "dont wanna be an american idiot..." in Rock and Roll girlfriend.

As others have said the "Know Your Enemy" line pretty much makes this song. Actually, for me, it almost makes the album. When I first listened to this song, the only thing I really knew was Know Your Enemy and this song pretty much ties everything together to show how much of a concept album it really is.

Plus the guitars afterwards just kick ass :D

i like this song. i forget what else i was going to say about this song......oh yeah! it kind of reminds me a little of the Beatles

This is probably the song I've spent the most time listening to, analyzing and such. It's very Beatles-esque and also kind of reminds me of Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I really love how it connects back to Know Your Enemy. In Know Your Enemy, the key line is "Do you know your enemy?". I feel like Restless Heart Syndrome is the answer to that (i.e. "You are your own worst enemy. Know your enemy.") It's like, who is the enemy? Oh, it's myself. Very dramatic. I love it.

I like the part when the guitars come too, but I think I'd like a version without them as well, just to check how it'd sound and how many people would still like it.

so yeah, like I said, fav track in the album, one of the greatest by GD and can't wait to see it live.

also, the Beatles didn't have tremolo wah wah guitars, people (with some LIMITED exceptions)

This is my favourite of the whole album, I love the lyrics so much <3

"You'd be surprised what I endure, what makes you feel so self-assured" "I feel like I've been crucified to be satisfied"

Amazing.

This is probably the song I've spent the most time listening to, analyzing and such. It's very Beatles-esque and also kind of reminds me of Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I really love how it connects back to Know Your Enemy. In Know Your Enemy, the key line is "Do you know your enemy?". I feel like Restless Heart Syndrome is the answer to that (i.e. "You are your own worst enemy. Know your enemy.") It's like, who is the enemy? Oh, it's myself. Very dramatic. I love it.

Yeah totally agree. The whole song just culminates beautifully when he sings that part... "Know Your Enemy..."

I'm still torn between deciding my favorite of the album, but this is definitely a very good candidate, one of the stand-out tracks of the whole album, beautiful intro, the song is a slow build-up which climaxes in the Know Your enemy line, by that point, you just enjoy the rest of the ride.

so yeah, like I said, fav track in the album, one of the greatest by GD and can't wait to see it live.

also, the Beatles didn't have tremolo wah wah guitars, people (with some LIMITED exceptions)

That is if they're doing it live, currently in the 10 track short version of 21CB RHS is not there. :cry:

The only song Green Day has with Tremolo is BOBD

Archived