Christian's Inferno

Dai.

I think they catchy sugary-ness of the chorus actually makes the song MORE diabolic. The fact that the chorus is the total opposite makes the verses sound even more devilish in contrast to it.

Going straight from that happy chorus to that evil laugh - it makes it so much more creepy! Like you're descending into evilness :devil:

I think we agree... This song is just awesome

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they catchy sugary-ness of the chorus actually makes the song MORE diabolic. The fact that the chorus is the total opposite makes the verses sound even more devilish in contrast to it.

Going straight from that happy chorus to that evil laugh - it makes it so much more creepy! Like you're descending into evilness :devil:

Eh, I don't like it. I don't feel like the contrast has a positive effect. It's just annoying to me.

I'll second others in the "least favorite on the album" opinion. I don't hate it, but it's usually the one song on the CD I will skip. I find the lyrics difficult to understand/hear, and that bothers me. In terms of expressing Christian's rage, I think "Peacemaker" more effectively gets the point across.

• 3 weeks later...

this is one of those songs, where you wish you were on acid so you can halucinate flames as you decend into modern hell.

:devil:

but i dont have any.

this is one of those songs, where you wish you were on acid so you can halucinate flames as you decend into modern hell.

:devil:

but i dont have any.

:lol: I've never taken acid yet I somehow think you're absolutely right!

Ive really learned to love this song. Especially the "LIKE A FLOOD" part. For songs in the back of my mind theirs always an image that goes with the song. But if I try o take a good look at that image it goes away. So I cant describe this image.

SO GREAT!

I love how he's pronouncing the "r's" in "Inferno" - I want to sing it that way - but I can't! :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

i like this song, but 'man to ape' is one of the worst lines in any green day song!

• 1 month later...

Every time I hear the intro to this song I want to start singing "Not quite a fembot, but almost an alien" :lol:

well when billie sings " This bitter pill is chased with blood" i always understand "This bitter pill is Jason White" :blink:

OH MY GOD it does! :lol:

I actually always sing the lyrics like that. :lol:

I'm gonna start...I'll imagine it's Billie's personal awkward love song to Jason that he secretly sings that way too.

Even Billie can't refuse the sexy cup of noodles. MmmmmHMMMMMM!

I'm still not sure where I stand on this song though. Some days it's okay, others I hate it.

Now I have a reason to like it a little more. :wink:

I'm gonna start...I'll imagine it's Billie's personal awkward love song to Jason that he secretly sings that way too.

Even Billie can't refuse the sexy cup of noodles. MmmmmHMMMMMM!

I'm still not sure where I stand on this song though. Some days it's okay, others I hate it.

Now I have a reason to like it a little more. :wink:

Billie and Jason's awkward romance has been documented for a long time in PHGP songs. :wink: And of course Billie loves him. Who wouldn't?

Billie and Jason's awkward romance has been documented for a long time in PHGP songs. :wink: And of course Billie loves him. Who wouldn't?

But evidently Jason doesn't return that feeling, according to one of the stories Billie told on the tour this year. Jason saw Billie naked one night and was like, "ew." :lol:

Poor Billie.

But evidently Jason doesn't return that feeling, according to one of the stories Billie told on the tour this year. Jason saw Billie naked one night and was like, "ew." :lol:

Poor Billie.

Does anybody know where Jason exactly looked on Billie as he said "ew"? :eyebrows:

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Billie.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, I think I'm gonna need further details on this.

i love billie's diabolical laugh.

and you can hear it better on the acapella version.

i think it's kinda funny.

I don't know the acapella version. Where is it?

Gah, I love this, especially the way it goes "Wooooooah, christian's inferno, wooooooah" etc etc

The laugh on the acapella version scares the shit out of me :o

Archived