¡Viva La Gloria!

Dai.

Beautiful song.

One of my favorites, I love Mike's "Glooooriiiiiiaaa" and the way Billie says "Viva la Gloria"

Also, the drums/guitar/bass combination is perfect at: "So Gloria"

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know...I don't like this song. I don't know why. I mean the lyrics are BEAUTIFUL. But I always skip it.

Watch me end up loving this song in about a week. *flaps own forehead*

I think it's the only song that the piano intro doesnt fit the song.

Definitely one of my favorites. It made me learn how to play the piano which was cool. Not really sure why though.

I love the piano intro so much. This is such a beautiful song. And I really like the bit where its goes "She smashed her knuckles into winter" Its probably my second favorite on the album.

I like a lot of songs off 21CB, but this one is usual my favorite by a very small margin.

The lyrics are beautiful and the passion in Billie's voice is just heart-pulling.

It DOES have some Letterbomb elements musically, but that doesn't bother me too much. It's like a much improved version of Letterbomb. XD

When the strings kick in on 'say your prays and light a fire', I get goose bumps.

It took me a while to get used to this song, and I'll admit that I listen to just the first part of the song with the piano much more often than the whole thing.

LOVE it :wub:

The intro is cool, and when it blasts into the chorus it just makes me cry

I just love the intro..When I first heard I thought that the piano music should continue and then introduce the gi=uitar and drums but now I like it the way it is..:D

well the first impression was pretty bad, because of the piano part, and i`ve never heard anything like that from green day, but in time i started to like this song, and now i love it.

I think the start is just beautiful.

For some reason I love the line "The cracks of my skin can prove, as the years will testify."

Another favorite! The part that sold me on this was Mike Dirnt. His "Glooooooriiiiiiia!" sent shivers up my spine (this album had a tendency to do that). It just sounds so heart felt at the beginning with Billie singing.

I love the piano intro. It's beautiful and soul-wrenching with the lyrics. It's a perfect combo, and it's a huge maturation of their sound.

Overall, I don't love the song, but the intro is definitely a win.

This song is awesome! I like the beginning, with th piano, BJ's voice... and then BAAAAAAAAAAAAAM! I looove it!

"GLOOOORIA, Viva la glooooriiiaaaa" is my ringtone!

well the first impression was pretty bad, because of the piano part, and i`ve never heard anything like that from green day, but in time i started to like this song, and now i love it.

Same, I love this song now :)

i love the Mike's part that sings"Glooooooooooriiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" too.Im trying to sing it while playing this song on bass

It's my favorite song of this album, tied with 21 guns

same here :happy: shame , i thought it will be a single :(

This song is absolutely great....I love it...........SAY YOUR PRAYERS AND LIGHT A FIRE WE ARE GOING TO START A WAR!!!

Love this song. The piano intro is AMAZING. I'm almost disappointed when it ends, although the faster bit of the song is still brilliant. Lyrics + Billie's voice + piano = win.

This is my favorite song off of the album. I love the intro, it is so beautiful and the lyrics to this song are just so amazing, well thought out and could leave me speechless at how good they are. The entire song is beautiful. I love the piano part and it is something different with Green Day basically and I like that and how you don't expect it to just change from the piano and to get high driven and belting out the lyrics to the rest of the song. I like abrupt changes like that with a lot of twist and turns kind of how JOS was to me.

This song basically was the only song that I could get really emotional from it, I could get speechless at how perfect it is. But at first it wasn't my favorite but now it is tied with EJN.

And I love the parts where its like "Gloriiiiiaaaaaaa" amazing and perfect.

I thought at first that I would hate the song because of the slowness in the beginning and the piano but I gave it a chance quickly and discovered its brilliance. And it really shows a maturation of sound with Green Day. I like it.

THIS SONG IS BEAUTIFUL.

The lyrics, the way it was put together, everything asfsdgdjkl

I'm serious. The beginning gives me the chills whenever I hear it and then it turns into this awesome fast paced melodic tune that is best BLASTED, it's like an epic anthem or something. I remember when I first heard it the piano at the beginning immediately made me fall in love with it.

It ended too fast though. I wanted to hear more awesomness D:

I am just loving how they are using a lot more piano in their songs now. It's fantastic.

AAANNNDDDDD anyone hear violins? Ah! :wub:

It's now one of my favorite songs from Green Day and in my opinion one of the best songs on the album.

THIS SONG IS BEAUTIFUL.

The lyrics, the way it was put together, everything asfsdgdjkl

I'm serious. The beginning gives me the chills whenever I hear it and then it turns into this awesome fast paced melodic tune that is best BLASTED, it's like an epic anthem or something. I remember when I first heard it the piano at the beginning immediately made me fall in love with it.

It ended too fast though. I wanted to hear more awesomness D:

I am just loving how they are using a lot more piano in their songs now. It's fantastic.

AAANNNDDDDD anyone hear violins? Ah! :wub:

It's now one of my favorite songs from Green Day and in my opinion one of the best songs on the album.

Wow! You totally said it all...I feel the same exact way! This song is truly amazing and I never get tired of it!!!! :D

Archived