Song Of The Century

Dai.

I find it quite eerie, it really does set the mood, it gives a sense of desperation, of pleading, it wants to know everything is alright but knows itself that the world is far from alright.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it quite eerie, it really does set the mood, it gives a sense of desperation, of pleading, it wants to know everything is alright but knows itself that the world is far from alright.

That´s a great way to put it! Couldn´t never have said it any better :thumbsup:

its ok.

'tell us a story thats by candelight, we're waging a war and losing the fight', were the first lyrics i heard of the album, so it was pretty cool to hear them for real.

i love this song/intro. billie joe's voice sounds beautiful, i get chills every time i hear it

I hate how people disregard intros as unimportant because they aren't "full songs". Yes, they are very short, but introductions are just as important as any other song, if done right, and this one definitely was. I get chills ever time I listen to it; the lyrics are so powerful.

And it's not even a short song! :blink:

Also reminds me a bit of Homecoming :happy:

I love the intro and never skip it. The shortened altered version for American Eulogy is great too.

I think it is a good intro, but.... everytime i'm listening to the whole album I always skip this one and start with 21st CB. Now I think this is some kind of sin O_o

Every time I listen to the album as soon as this comes on it just sets the atmosphere perfectly. I always slow down and stop and listen to it, I can't fail to give it my full attention as takes me right there into the story while I anticipate all the wonderful things I'm about to hear. It's magical.

I love the reprise of it in American Eulogy too, it really ties things together.

Who else shit their pants when the lights in the arena went out and this song came on?

Who else shit their pants when the lights in the arena went out and this song came on?

*raises hand*

hahahaha i thought it was a girl when i first heard it. but its all treble and no bass

Normally, I absolutely hate intro songs like this, but with this CD, I think it's perfect. It sets up the album in a great way, and I think it puts me in the frame of mind of Billie as well as Christian and Gloria's struggles. I never skip over it.

Interesting addition to the album. I like.

This has to be one of the best intros I've ever heard.

First the radio tunning entry. ooooooo shiny! :woot:

Then there's the voice...a sustenido here and there...and the voice tone set on epic mode, to fit the lyrics. :D

So...the lyrics... It's the freakin song of the century... Leading us into the promised laaand... of musical extasy :woot: .

All and all, I'll say that this music 'cuz something as deep as this intro has to have the tag of "song".

It's more then the sum of all it's part's.

It's Cool... :cool:

yeah it is great but it is short

either way i like it

its make me feel like everything in miss and there is a little part is so quit and love in there make you feel like it is the love above of everything and that is because it is so strong in this miss and it is standing there in the miss like a stone

at first it creeped me out but then i got the feeling of something exciting comming up.

i have to admit this is a song i skip, not because its a bad song, just because its short and id have to go back and choose a new song on my ipod not long after ive put it on...

great intro... :thumbsup:

im always using it as the first song when im listening to 21st CB on shuffle...just a perfect start into the album

great intro... :thumbsup:

im always using it as the first song when im listening to 21st CB on shuffle...just a perfect start into the album

I feel the same way about it!

Haha, I love singing along to it, too.

I jumped up and screaming and cried a little because I was soo excited :D

Archived