A Christian review of Breakdown

Yuck

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do u know its a Christian Review?

Saint Carlos, at the bottom of the article is this:

Copyright © 2009 Focus on the Family • All rights reserved • Int'l copyright secured

'Shining a Light on the World of Popular Entertainment' is a service mark of, and

'Plugged In' is a registered trademark of Focus on the Family

(800) A-FAMILY (232-6459) • Privacy Policy/Terms of Use • Site Map

Cheers.

^ lol

seriously!

I don't understand how hard it is for them to give an accurate review... it''s so wrong it's pathetic

I think someone needs to be slapped to get some common sense MsnSlap5.gif

Now no Christian who listens Green Day will not have children, just because ( apparently) they've said do!

Good job, mate!

(sarcasm)

For those with the expanded Best Buy book version, look at the !VG! page. That's the "topless photo", which, is cropped before showing anything. I've seen more exposed at church than in that image...

"Unlike some artists who grow in maturity with time, Green Day seems trapped in a perpetual adolescence, ever more infatuated with the "romantic" anarchic ideal of burning it all to the ground. "

Thank fuck for that.

Amen to that!

Gloria Topless? So I ran to get my liner notes. The picture I believe they are looking at is one of Gloria and Christian with their hands over the trash can fire.

The one where you can CLEARLY see the wrinkles in her shirt. WTF?

Second, yes the album is angry, but it is not devoid of hope.

If people would truly look at our society, look at it with eyes wide open, they could see that this is a very real possibility. I don't think it will happen, but fires in the streets, people rising up in such a manner, it could happen.

That is reality, no matter what religion you are.

It has happened. Not here, but it has happened.

Still I hear a lot of hope in this album, and sometimes hope comes out at the other end of anger. You learn a lot about yourself when you are figuring things out, when you are angry at the world. Sometimes at the end of that, you see that things can be better. Christian does I believe.

I could go into a whole rant about how religion bothers me, but I won't. This is simply a review by someone who pretty much, in my opinion, doesn't understand a lot of anything unless it is served on a pate of "You are supposed to act this way."

ETA: Just read that the boobs are on the art in the special edition.

Still I only saw marginal side boob. You could go to the swimming pool in summer as see tons more than that.

I think this person is lonely if that much boob makes them go O.O

Gloria Topless? So I ran to get my liner notes. The picture I believe they are looking at is one of Gloria and Christian with their hands over the trash can fire.

The one where you can CLEARLY see the wrinkles in her shirt. WTF?

Second, yes the album is angry, but it is not devoid of hope.

If people would truly look at our society, look at it with eyes wide open, they could see that this is a very real possibility. I don't think it will happen, but fires in the streets, people rising up in such a manner, it could happen.

That is reality, no matter what religion you are.

It has happened. Not here, but it has happened.

Still I hear a lot of hope in this album, and sometimes hope comes out at the other end of anger. You learn a lot about yourself when you are figuring things out, when you are angry at the world. Sometimes at the end of that, you see that things can be better. Christian does I believe.

I could go into a whole rant about how religion bothers me, but I won't. This is simply a review by someone who pretty much, in my opinion, doesn't understand a lot of anything unless it is served on a pate of "You are supposed to act this way."

I think they're talking about the pic from the best buy version on the vlg! page, there's a pic up there somewhere ^^

still ridiculous all the same.

That article made me spitting angry. Here's what I emailed them. Should give you guys plenty of laughs.

Listen, I'm going to attempt to be as polite as possible seeing as I hate hypocritical religious fanatics like yourselves. But to say that the liner notes in the cd have Gloria topless is a fucking joke. Yes, that's right, I used the fucking F word. Not anywhere in the liner notes does Christian appear topless. And beleive me, I wish she did seeing as I would masterbate repeadtely to it. Don't spread lies you fucking bigots.

How do u know its a Christian Review?

Pluggedinonline.com is a Christian site, so yea...

Who wrote that review, Ned Flanders ?

I think it was Ned Flanders' cousin that wrote it actually :lol:

So Gloria topless is considered evil now?

so boobs are bad?

well time for me to go Lob them off.

"By the end of the album, America is on fire as it devolves into dystopic anarchy"

Poetry. :lol:

I think they're talking about the pic from the best buy version on the vlg! page, there's a pic up there somewhere ^^

still ridiculous all the same.

Yeah I just saw that in earlier posts. I need to edit mine.

I was all BOOBS then yeah, there was no boobs really. You see more than that at the swimming pool in the summer.

I am wondering why they bought the special edition if they dislike the album so much.

I bet it was to see the side boob.

epic fail!

Seems like they didn't even listen to the album all the way

oh wow that was PATHETIC :lol:

That was the saddest review I've read. They've completely misunderstood this album...

"hail of f-words"? They obviously don't know Green Day's past work.

"hail of f-words"? They obviously don't know Green Day's past work.

Obviously not.

That was the most b-tarded review I have ever read in my life.

lol. it makes me laugh about how reviewers always talk about the political/religious meanings of the songs....who cares? just talk about the tune of the song and whether it is cathcy or not!!

Archived